The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many of you play TS3 along with TS4?

Comments

• Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    I'll dabble in 4 from time to time (mostly because of the lack of lag), but I've started running into a bunch of new glitches and bugs, so I switched back to TS3 and TS2. Did you know that a lot of lag for TS3 is eased once you use EA's SP and not Nraas'? Sure, I miss the cleaner progressions, but MAN THE SMOOTHNESS.
  • Options
    bionicdessertsbionicdesserts Posts: 320 Member
    I play 2 and 4. 4 more so than 2 but that's more a consequence of loading times than anything else. If 2 loaded as fast as 4 I'd probably play them equal amounts. I have 3 on my computer but I haven't opened it in years. If I ever get low on hard drive space it'll be the first thing gone.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I try, but Sims 3 requires too much of my time to work as I want it to work, and by the time I have all ready to play I've lost my inspiration, so in the end I never played it as I played Sims 4, I just did some testing and some funny things.
  • Options
    ericbatchelderericbatchelder Posts: 734 Member
    I still play them all; but, between 3 and 4, I would say it's 60-40 for 3.
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Just TS4. Been tempted at times to put TS2 back but Mass Effect 3 always distracts me from it :p
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    axel1015axel1015 Posts: 952 Member
    Xanerithe wrote: »
    I also don't get the lag others talk about in The Sims 3, yeah it takes a while to load when I first start up but afterwards it's smooth sailing.
    I play 2 and 4. 4 more so than 2 but that's more a consequence of loading times than anything else. If 2 loaded as fast as 4 I'd probably play them equal amounts. I have 3 on my computer but I haven't opened it in years. If I ever get low on hard drive space it'll be the first thing gone.

Xanerithe- I agree, lots of people say their sims 3 is laggy as balls, but mine isn't...maybe it's because people use butt loads of mods and cc...even with story progression mod I still don't get glitches or lag. Although I really hate the long intro loading screen...

Bionic- I absolutely adore 2. One of my favorite games of all time...and I feel like 4 is on its way to being just like 2, and for that I am really excited about. The only thing that turns me away from 4 is the devs being SO dismissive of what we want and how we don't have an open world, CAST, and especially toddlers, if both were added I would probably cry and never look at the other games again it just feels like they took a massive step back, and in turn royally screwed up in many aspects...like why would they not include the things that past base games had...? It beats me, don't get me wrong the sims 4 is the most gorgeous and beautiful game of the sims out there, and the sims have SO much life and emotion and I love that! but until everything I want gets added, if ever or something better to distract me comes out like an amazing EP, I will continue to play each game to fulfill my needs.
    FreshLion55 on the Gallery! Happy simming! >:)
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    I play TS4 along TS3. That difference is important.
  • Options
    emilyduruemilyduru Posts: 289 Member
    I use ts4 more simply because of performance issues in sims 3.
    9i7a5w.jpg
  • Options
    HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    I've been hooked on Sims 3 for awhile now. Waiting for Sims 4 to have more stuff, too.

Of course, my sim Josiah in Sims 4 is probably

skeleton-in-waiting-room_thumb.jpg
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• Options
    sarah012378sarah012378 Posts: 73 Member
    I play TS3 more. I guess I just enjoy all the fun stuff it has to offer. It runs smoothly too. :) I'm hoping TS4 has more to offer in the near future.
  • Options
    axel1015axel1015 Posts: 952 Member
    I think it'll be quite a while until we see most of what we want, but for some reason...I feel like toddlers will be here EXTREMELY soon, like within the next 2-3 months we'll have them.
    FreshLion55 on the Gallery! Happy simming! >:)
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    axel1015 wrote: »
    I think it'll be quite a while until we see most of what we want, but for some reason...I feel like toddlers will be here EXTREMELY soon, like within the next 2-3 months we'll have them.

My bet is on lounge chairs before.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I mostly play The Sims 4, I occasionally go back to The Sims 2 but have barely touched The Sims 3, I'll probably start playing it again once I get a better PC.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Shadow08Sims3Shadow08Sims3 Posts: 711 Member
    I play Sims 2 and three and 4 . I play all of them.
  • Options
    marie29marie29 Posts: 200 Member
    I play sims 4 the most. Have not played the sims 3 in a long time. was not my favorite. Started to reinstall the sims 2 on my computer. It was my favorite.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2015
    I don't I admit. I've played the Sims 3 and 4 separately. I did play the Sims 3 last year and uninstalled it to make room for the Sims 2 UC. So I'm playing the Sims 1 and 2 and 4 all on one computer right now along with a couple MMOs and a couple MOBAs. I have Minecraft on it too. <3 There is just only so much room my laptop can take and friends and my brother like playing with me with the online games.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Don't want to clog up my PC with TS3.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    DukhatDukhat Posts: 16 New Member
    If it wasn't for the extreme performance issues in The Sims 3, I'd play them both equally.
  • Options
    gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    The only reason I'm playing Sims 4 is because of its stability.
    If Sims 3 was stable without mods I'd never touch Sims 4 again
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    I can play TS3 for much longer, and am usually more immersed and involved with what's going on in my game. Here's how I play TS4: I build families in CAS, then move them to their houses where I'll mess around in build mode, and that's pretty much it. I'm still waiting for more things before I can bring myself to play, otherwise it is too boring and repetitive. I like GTW but I get sad when the sims have to go home. I must sound like a broken record, but I can't bear to actually play the game when there are no toddlers and the traits are so limited. And then there's the whole car thing- what if I build the perfect house and then we get garages? Ugh, I better hold out on building the perfect house (is what goes through my mind). I feel like the sims in my towns are all the same after building a few households. I also get really angry when I see the trashcans in the kitchens lol, why can't I place the trashcompactor under the counter?!

I do like how fast you can populate the town with sims you've made in CAS, and build different houses so quickly. You can't do that quickly in TS3 or TS2, but the gameplay in 2 and 3 is much more rewarding (especially if you take the time to build your town, and populate it with sims you have picked or made).
  • Options
    DottyDotty Posts: 80 Member
    I have all four Sims games installed on my computer. I think I'm a bit odd because Sims 1 will always be my favourite. I think its the nostalgia thing. I'll log in 2 and 3, 2 is good, but mostly I play 4. I don't really get the which is best argument because it doesn't really matter, it's down to personal preference and your computer, and it's not like the old game goes anywhere its still there, you can still play it.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Dotty wrote: »
    I have all four Sims games installed on my computer. I think I'm a bit odd because Sims 1 will always be my favourite. I think its the nostalgia thing. I'll log in 2 and 3, 2 is good, but mostly I play 4. I don't really get the which is best argument because it doesn't really matter, it's down to personal preference and your computer, and it's not like the old game goes anywhere its still there, you can still play it.
    The Sims 1 is my brother's favorite Sims game too. It's my second favorite. So no you aren't odd at all. That's so cool you have all four games installed at once.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Lollipop234Lollipop234 Posts: 251 Member
    I've tried to play Sims 3 but since I'm used to how smooth everything works in the Sims 4, I can't play it anymore! It just drives me crazy when the CAS items take ages to load and how it lags all the time when I want to recolor an object. I also really don't like the look of the Sims in the Sims 3 anymore, even with CC. Before Sims 4 was out, I never had a problem with it but now it kinda bothers me.
    I tried one time one time but after I spent ages creating a sim and moving him into a house, the game crashed and everything was lost. That was it. No more Sims 3 for me. Maybe some time later... I don't know.

I really miss some of the things you could do and all the addons... but it's just such a pain playing this game. I'm still angry that I could never really play Island Paradise because the lagging in this world was so bad, it was unplayable. Wasted 30€.

I play the Sims 2 sometimes, though.
    I'm playing the Sims since day 1.
    I hate my username (Please forgive my younger self)
    Origin ID: VanillaxSimmer
    Raines legacy family tree

Visit my simblr!
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I was playing 4 until January, then 3 until may, and now 4. I have more fun in 4, but I like 3 for the open world and story progression, which is really immersive to me. yesterday I started 3 because I got a new GPU and wanted to see if the performance was better. Unrelated to the GPU, I was surprised to find out it looked like vomit compared to TS4! Once you are playing you soak in the art style and it's fine, but I was so used to TS4 that the looks of 3 were a bit shocking. I don't know if I'll play it again that soon. TS4 is getting better each update and expansion, so I'm sure I will be sucked into that for a long time still. One thing I'm kind of sad is that i LOVE TS2. But I'm not able to play it anymore, because of the lack of time syncing when you go to community lots and townies and other sims not aging with you... It just not fits the way I play anymore, which is what saddens me. One aspect I love from 4 that just is the opposite from 2 is that with each save, every townie is different. With 2 you always know the townies, and they stay the same generation after generation.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Mostly Sims 4, I don't play S3 but I do play S2, I finally got it to work on my pc and it's nice to switch sometimes! :blush:
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina