Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Amazon Challenge: Tribe Asteria

I've seen a lot of people doing their Amazon Challenges as stories and thought I might have a go :smile: I'll start with an introduction first.

This is my Creator, Veronique Asteria:
29xch9l.jpg

Her two tattoos signify her rank, and the bracelet will be passed on to her successor. I chose black because it's my favourite colour, but also because black is a colour of power.

This is Ambrose Thrall, my first slave:
zmyxk9.jpg

And this is Dmitri Thrall:
1qhkqq.jpg

Slaves wear grey because grey is boring. All slaves will wear leather cuffs around their wrists where possible, and only tribe-born males will ever have a tattoo.

Comments

• Options
    cat9894cat9894 Posts: 63 Member
    Prologue: How It All Began
    Once upon a time, there lived a very old, very well-known Amazon tribe. Their library was rich with knowledge, their gardens rich with fine plants, and their dwellings rich with well-crafted furniture. The tribe consisted of a Creator, a Scholar, a Gatherer, a Provider and several slaves.

The story truly begins, however, with the arrival of a Shaman – a woman trained in the art of prophecy and the divines. She arrived one moonless night, washing up onto the beach just in front of the Amazon village. A slave found her the next morning and rushed to inform the Creator.

The Shaman was weak, starving and dehydrated – and heavily pregnant. Between sips of fresh water, she told a tale of horror. She spoke of war and destruction, of an army of men dressed in metal. They had attacked her tribe with no provocation, taking the slaves and killing the women.

The Creator was troubled. She had lost contact with several of her sister tribes over the years, and she had simply thought they had become too busy. Now, however, she had cause to believe it was something much more sinister.

The Shaman was questioned relentlessly by both the Scholar and the Creator over the following week. She gave the answers she could – she had been in the forest, collecting special herbs to help with the pains of her pregnancy at the time of the attack. She had felt as though something was amiss, but had arrived too late to save any of her tribe. What else was she to do? She had fled.

It became clear that the Scholar would not survive giving birth to her child as the days passed and she became weaker instead of stronger. The day her daughter was born was the day she took her last breath; the moment her daughter wailed, healthy and strong, was the moment a name fell from the Shaman’s lips.

The baby was passed into the care of the Provider. It was she who was the first to notice that the child’s eyes were not… normal. The pupils were slitted like a cats’, and the colour was unearthly. But she was just a baby, and the Provider decided the abnormalities made no difference – her duty was to care for the children, and that was exactly what she did.

It continued this way until the baby became a child. The Scholar had never had much to do with the children, for she was absorbed in learning. Most days, she never left her library except for meals. She was the second member of the tribe who became aware of the child’s abnormalities, and it was she who reacted.

She caught the child in an iron grip and dragged her to the river. Before she could throw the child in, however, the Creator arrived. Behind her trailed the pale-faced Provider. The Scholar, who had realised the Provider had to have known, attacked her.

Perhaps you have already realised what happened next. Perhaps you have not. The short version is this: the once great tribe fractured and destroyed itself before the metal-dressed men ever appeared. And the child? The one with the strange eyes?

She escaped south, following the river until her feet began to bleed. She found herself a piece of land, and she attracted two slaves with eyes that were just like hers. Together, they vowed to create the most prosperous tribe in history.

So this is just a backstory for my current Creator. Let me know what you think :3
  • Options
    SNDGIRLSNDGIRL Posts: 517 Member
    Great Introduction! Looking forward to more!
    ~Legacy Challenge Coming Soon~

Huge Skyrim Fan!!!
    skyrim_dragon_by_humblebee12-d3jwo7f1_zpsbecogldu.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you :smiley:
  • Options
    Of course! I like how you added a unique background to your creator! When will you update?! -_-

Huge Skyrim Fan!!!
  • Options
    > @cat9894 said:
    > Thank you :smiley:

Also I noticed you are a fellow cat lover! I love cats too! And um...maybe you could help me out if you know how you become a member is their a certain amount of posts or what?

Huge Skyrim Fan!!!
  • Options
    .....just saw what was in your profile was that this Amazon game?! Please no!

Huge Skyrim Fan!!!
  • Options
    Hello! To answer your question, you need 50 Points, 30 Posts and have an account older than 24 hours to become a Member. You can find your points on your profile, and you get points with likes, agrees and badges :)

Thankfully it wasn't this game that got deleted. Cats are awesome!
  • Options
    :D yeah! I can't decide between which I like better cats or dogs and am a true llama now I got my account!

Huge Skyrim Fan!!!
  • Options
    Hello again! I would like to start my own amazon challenge story but how do you post screenshots like yours? I can't figure it out (so many questions I'm sorry! :O)

Huge Skyrim Fan!!!
  • Options
    That's ok :smile:
    http://tinypic.com/ is the link you'll need. You upload your chosen file and then use the [IMG]code in the comment :)[/img]
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Wonderfully creative backstory! Excellent!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you! I love your Amazon story so much!
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Chapter One: The Beginning of Tribe Asteria
    Creating a new tribe from scratch would be hard, but Veronique Asteria had known that the moment she had committed herself to the idea. The slaves she had found, Ambrose and Dmitri, came from two very different tribes, and therefore had different skills.

Ambrose was creative and a fantastic gardener. He insisted on wearing a rather odd outfit, which Veronique allowed because she’d rather hard working slaves than fashionable ones.

Dmitri, on the other hand, was a very cheerful individual. He was quick to pick up on different skills, and avidly flaunted his good looks. He wore the customary grey of his old tribe, with a black ring on his finger to signify the fact that he was a breeding slave.

Veronique and her slaves worked hard to create a place for themselves to call home. When completed, the compound consisted of two buildings; one for Veronique, and one for the slaves. Behind the slaves’ hut was the garden, and behind Veronique’s building was the eating area.
    aer79g.jpg

r01cno.jpg

As Creator, Veronique knew she needed to work on her logic skill. She was already quite proficient with her charisma and handiness, but there was always room for improvement. She took a seat at the new chess table and began to play.
    v32437.jpg

The slaves, meanwhile, decided that they had to work on their fitness. Both men went for a jog around the neighbourhood, finding plenty of good fishing spots around their new home.
    2mi2d89.jpg

5jxybq.jpg

After their jog, Dmitri and Ambrose went their separate ways. Dmitri decided to show his Creator his worth as an artist.
    11sov89.jpg

Ambrose focused on the garden.
    2a7sjnr.jpg

Sometime later, Veronique ordered some food to be prepared. Ambrose, who was working in the garden, was quick to put on some hot dogs. But alas!
    sor7zk.jpg

Luckily for Ambrose, Veronique heard his screams and hurried to save him.
    b9d6jp.jpg

Dmitri, on the other hand….
    35i7pqc.jpg

After tending to his wounds and washing away the soot, Ambrose cautiously approached the grill. He gingerly dropped more hot dogs onto the grill and cringed away. The meat sizzled, but didn’t catch fire. With a sigh of relief, Ambrose continued cooking, proudly serving the sausages to Veronique and Dmitri.
    Post edited by cat9894 on
  • Options
    Yes!!! Chapter one!!! Finally!! Looking forward to chapter 2!

Huge Skyrim Fan!!!
  • Options
    Thanks I'll try and update ASAP
  • Options
    XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    Great story! Looking forward to seeing more of it.
  • Options
    Thank you :smile:
  • Options
    MegurunMegurun Posts: 61 Member
    I really like the backstory! I look forward to reading more :)
    dwpee.png
  • Options
    Hello all, just an update: For some reason, I can't seem to access this save anymore. It just keeps loading, never actually getting to the game. So I'm restarting the game, but using the same characters so the story will still be relevant.

I haven't abandoned this, I've just been hoping it would magically start working again. I'll update as soon as possible!
  • Options
    Songwolf666Songwolf666 Posts: 141 Member
    > @cat9894 said:
    > Hello all, just an update: For some reason, I can't seem to access this save anymore. It just keeps loading, never actually getting to the game. So I'm restarting the game, but using the same characters so the story will still be relevant.
    >
    > I haven't abandoned this, I've just been hoping it would magically start working again. I'll update as soon as possible!

Oh not cool. Do you have to activate something to use your CC? Sorry, just a lurker that was watching the thread, hope you get it fixed though! Its a great start!
    EA Account: SunReiShin
  • Options
    I have TS4 Mod Manager installed to help me, but before that all I was doing was saving files to the Mod folder.
  • Options
    Update: Sorry but I'm abandoning this challenge until further notice. My Sims game crashed and I had to reload it, lost everything. I think one of the CC's I installed was bugged, but I don't know which one. I've started the Legacy Challenge so I'll write for that one instead of the Amazon Challenge.
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    @cat9894 it's really sad :( It happened before to me too, I think sometimes we lost saved data, especially if you use "go to main menu", if even you save your game before it. Now I always use only "go manage words" if I want to change household or edit something in my game and I still didn't have any troubles (I hope I'll not have them in the future too). Yes, some CC can crash your game, so it's better to be careful.
  • Options
    I'm hoping to start this back up again later, I'll definitely be more careful with CC's in the future! I'm just constantly saving now, every couple of minutes (or hours) I'll just save. Better safe than sorry, right?
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member