Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Twins And Triplets?

Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member
Recently, I've been playing around with pregnancy on The Sims 3, and all I've achieved so far is making sure I got a girl... But that's not enough!
Different Family, new rules-I was hoping I could get Roxie and Danny 2 or 3 new friends for Letitia, their daughter,but I'm not too sure how...

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Abcde
  • Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    Wow this is an old post. Without the help of mods you can achieve twins and triplets by getting the fertility treatment for both sim. (It can work with just one, but two is better.) And listening to kids music on the radio and watching the kids channel on tv all help increase the chances.
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    There a moodlet reward called Fertility Treatment or something that heightens the chances as well.
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    @Minx @Haids5987 I've managed to get twins without the Lifetime rewards, but still working on creating a household with enough space to get triplets.
    My most recent twins are actually Roxie and Danny, and now they have 4 lovely children - Letitia, Charlie, Rebekah and Niamh.
  • Options
    JustAuriJustAuri Posts: 3 New Member
    I wanted twins, I used the Fertility Treatment on both parents, Watched Kids TV, listened to Kids Radio....Ended up with triplets.
    And what a game changer, 3 babies (+a toddler), she had to quit her job to care for them. haha
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    @JustAuri I never use Fertility Treatment because I just can't be bothered getting it... But congratulations on your triplets!
  • Options
    WonderstruckkWonderstruckk Posts: 195 Member
    I've never had triplets, ever. I've had twins completely randomly without even using any of the little cheats or Fertility treatment.
    anigif_enhanced-25237-1426197588-11_preview.gif
  • Options
    @Wonderstruckk I've never had triplets either (Without making them myself in Create-A-Sim), but the only way I get twins is watching kids' TV and listening to Kid's music at the same time. Every time, I try and get twins...
  • Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited October 2015
    I just got twins this weekend with my sim without doing anything specific. I think there must be a bunch of hidden rules (outside of the Fertility Treatment and watching the Kids Channel). I'm going to have to research this as my sim is now a single parent (due to his wife's death - I didn't want to off her, I swear, but for some reason she was messing up my game with a lot of stalling. Now she's gone it's all fine), to twin boys. I'm really hoping I don't end up with a social services visit as some of the teen babysitters are not the most reliable and he'll have to go back to work soon!

Edit: According to Carls Sims 3 site, reading pregnancy books can also increase your sims chances of having twins/triplets.

Odd note, please let me know if anyone else has noticed this. Baby boys are always tired when born. Baby girls are always hungry when born. Let me know if anyone else notices this or if it's just been in my games. This seems to be a trend though. Not sure if it's by chance or design.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • Options
    ProximProxim Posts: 189 Member
    MiyuEmi wrote: »
    Odd note, please let me know if anyone else has noticed this. Baby boys are always tired when born. Baby girls are always hungry when born. Let me know if anyone else notices this or if it's just been in my games. This seems to be a trend though. Not sure if it's by chance or design.

What I quess is that the needs of the newborn are derived from the needs of it's mother at the moment of birth, i. e. when the mom is hungry, the infant gets born hungry, when is she tired, the newborn has a low energy as well. I wasn't doing a full blown research so I might be wrong but this is the feeling I have about the way things work.