Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IN FOCUS: Cycle 1 ~ scores and finale posted

Comments

• Options
    EliavahEliavah Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited July 2015
    I KNOW!! Things went so fast! For a short assignment comp, I thought 15 was probably enough!! Like I said before though, i thought this as a continuing comp with lots of cycles! Thinking of a men's cycle next.
    Omg yes! When I first checked this comp out like a few people had reserved or applied for judge. Then I come back and its like oh hey theres already 10+ people and like half of them already have mocks in I was like :O

Doesn't that mean you're going to have to have like, triple eliminations? D: That sounds scary if so.
    or quadruple eliminations xD
    EDIT: Ooh men's cycle :o. I never actually used a male model before, that sounds interesting!
  • Options
    Mhamilton0911Mhamilton0911 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Yeah, essentially if there are no drops/no shows each round, there will be hefty eliminations. But with this being a short comp, with so many peeps involved, that's how it has to be. But just because someone gets eliminated, doesnt mean an entry is bad.
  • Options
    heather1306heather1306 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Maggie I know deadline is the 7th but can I have the 8th to hand this in?
    I actually just needed to fix my brothers iPhone and to do that I had to do the dreaded windows updates which has now made it so my google chrome blocks all downloads and its stopped the Internet explorer working so I can't even download Firefox. I have googled away and tried all suggestions but alas it's still not working so I will have to reformat and I will only have tomorrow and part of monday to do that since I'm busy Monday morning then I am busy all day Tuesday. I would definately have it in Wednesday.
    If you would rather not then it will be fine though.
    39508532972_d4ae4b6e81_o.gif
  • Options
    Yeah, essentially if there are no drops/no shows each round, there will be hefty eliminations. But with this being a short comp, with so many peeps involved, that's how it has to be. But just because someone gets eliminated, doesnt mean an entry is bad.

Oh yeah I agree, and yeah Its sad to see when someone really gets upset they got eliminated and they beat them self up for it :c
    Like you said it doesn't mean their entry is bad ^^
  • Options
    IceTigers21IceTigers21 Posts: 810 Member
    edited July 2015
    Eliavah wrote: »

Oh yeah I agree, and yeah Its sad to see when someone really gets upset they got eliminated and they beat them self up for it :c

Haha, I'm like that :s I've been eliminated a couple times and it's not that I'm a sore loser, my confidence just goes way down and I get really discouraged about my editing even though I know getting eliminated doesn't mean I'm awful, lol :) I gotta work on that though so this will be good for me! Yay!
    Siggy_zpsvy6uc9hh.gif

• Options
    GemmabubblesGemmabubbles Posts: 1,737 Member
    Thank you so much for the advice Vanadis but I basically have it all back now so it's okay :) I downloaded someone's entire folder of mods which was probably not the best idea but I was desperate lol but they had basically all the same cc I had plus a little bit more! woohooo

Sims 4 Vampire CC showcase!
    nO4zXfe.png?3
  • Options

Haha, I'm like that :s I've been eliminated a couple times and it's not that I'm a sore loser, my confidence just goes way down and I get really discouraged about my editing even though I know getting eliminated doesn't mean I'm awful, lol :) I gotta work on that though so this will be good for me! Yay!

Yeah, definately do NOT get discouraged! eliminations are part of the game. Out of all the comps I've been in I've only placed a few times. And I've been in A LOT. I thrive for comments though, especially from detailed, experienced judges. I love the feedback. I read everyone else's comments too and try to learn from everything.
  • Options
    Maggie I know deadline is the 7th but can I have the 8th to hand this in?
    I actually just needed to fix my brothers iPhone and to do that I had to do the dreaded windows updates which has now made it so my google chrome blocks all downloads and its stopped the Internet explorer working so I can't even download Firefox. I have googled away and tried all suggestions but alas it's still not working so I will have to reformat and I will only have tomorrow and part of monday to do that since I'm busy Monday morning then I am busy all day Tuesday. I would definately have it in Wednesday.
    If you would rather not then it will be fine though.

Yeah, sorry bout the computer troubles. Hope it goes smoothly. Just keep me posted if something goes wrong!
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    @IceTigers21 ; Aww ! That is good that you're trying to work on it though ^^ Ive seen a few of your edits, and I actually like them alot! (Saw like mythos one and I thinkkk free spirit? )
    I like to think getting eliminated is just a matter of your entry was not what the judge{s} were looking for, not that its a bad edit :)
    EDIT: Oh and Faceoff too! I loveedd your stuff there ^^ I just get bored randomely and look at edits even on older comps xD

@Mhamilton0911 ; I agree the comments is really important to me too. I love detailed comments that tell me exactly what I may have not done so great. And I do the same, I read others comments to see what to look out for too :)

• Options
    SocallucyfanSocallucyfan Posts: 1,170 Member

Yeah, definately do NOT get discouraged! eliminations are part of the game. Out of all the comps I've been in I've only placed a few times. And I've been in A LOT. I thrive for comments though, especially from detailed, experienced judges. I love the feedback. I read everyone else's comments too and try to learn from everything.

You both are ridiculously talented!! :#

And I agree with Maggie. I look forward to the comments more than I do anything else (but maybe that is because I know there are way more experienced creators out there than me)

• Options
    lionesskitty09lionesskitty09 Posts: 1,827 Member

You both are ridiculously talented!! :#

And I agree with Maggie. I look forward to the comments more than I do anything else (but maybe that is because I know there are way more experienced creators out there than me)

Pshhhh lol Socal you always do a fabulous job! :)
    25316144021_1a6fd75cf6_b.jpg
  • Options
    LilacErinLilacErin Posts: 3,884 Member
    I'm going to have to pull my reserve, I'm way to busy and I'm having trouble keeping up with deadlines. Sorry
    I'm a sad girl. I'm a mad girl. I'm a bad girl.
    <3
  • Options
    spackichanspackichan Posts: 1,183 Member
    Should have my app in tonight Maggie ^^
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
  • Options
    ZapGirl wrote: »
    I'm going to have to pull my reserve, I'm way to busy and I'm having trouble keeping up with deadlines. Sorry

OK, thanks for deciding now, vs later in the comp.
    spackichan wrote: »
    Should have my app in tonight Maggie ^^

Yaaay!
  • Options
    @Eliiavah thanks <3 I haven't seen much of your work but I love your Mythos entry! Disney Hades <3 Such a great movie!

Yeah I try to look at it that way too- haha sometimes I have to because a lot of times I would have judged completely differently and I have to remind myself that people have different tastes and different things are important to them in pictures. It's been weird for me recently though, like the pictures I do that I love score low and the ones I don't like score high so I have no idea what to do half the time, haha...Oh, well :)

Anyways, thanks Maggie and Socal I love your pictures! I really like the long comments as well :)

Should also have my app in tonight! I've done it but I've been in Canada all weekend and haven't gotten a chance to post lol
    Siggy_zpsvy6uc9hh.gif

• Options
    EliEli Posts: 725 Member
    Awww man another I missed sign ups for because I'm abroad! Oh well I'm disappointed but happy to lurk.
  • Options
    Eli wrote: »
    Awww man another I missed sign ups for because I'm abroad! Oh well I'm disappointed but happy to lurk.

Eli, on pg 3 you reserved, did you still want it?
  • Options
    EliEli Posts: 725 Member
    Would my app be due in before the 11th as well as the mock? I get home tomorrow evening and I am going to meet a friend on Tuesday but I would be able to come up with something Tuesday night/Wednesday I should think?
  • Options
    I would like everything in by the 11th if possible, so we can get this underway, the mock can be pretty simple, so it should be easy for a professional like yourself! Just let me know though!
  • Options
    @Eliiavah thanks <3 I haven't seen much of your work but I love your Mythos entry! Disney Hades <3 Such a great movie!

Yeah I try to look at it that way too- haha sometimes I have to because a lot of times I would have judged completely differently and I have to remind myself that people have different tastes and different things are important to them in pictures. It's been weird for me recently though, like the pictures I do that I love score low and the ones I don't like score high so I have no idea what to do half the time, haha...Oh, well :)

Anyways, thanks Maggie and Socal I love your pictures! I really like the long comments as well :)

Should also have my app in tonight! I've done it but I've been in Canada all weekend and haven't gotten a chance to post lol

Aww thank you so much! That means alot <3 It is a really amazing movie ^^ Lion king too. I have some work in Dangerous Curves too, and if you stop by Sims 4 modeling there is this one comp called Sims survivor, but yeah! I just recently came back to whole sims thing about a month ago? Give or take

I understand that so well!

(Sorry if I'm blowing up people's notifications and they're expecting entries and stuff ._. I'll be off~ c:
    Can't wait to see more entries \o/)
  • Options

Aww thank you so much! That means alot <3 It is a really amazing movie ^^ Lion king too. I have some work in Dangerous Curves too, and if you stop by Sims 4 modeling there is this one comp called Sims survivor, but yeah! I just recently came back to whole sims thing about a month ago? Give or take

I understand that so well!

(Sorry if I'm blowing up people's notifications and they're expecting entries and stuff ._. I'll be off~ c:
    Can't wait to see more entries \o/)

Omg, the Lion King is literally my favorite Disney movie ever!! The music is just wow. I also love Hunchback, and like...well, really anything Disney. Frozen. I still like Frozen, even though no one else does. I'm a bit of a Disney freak :) I'll check it out! I have TS4 but I've refrained from putting any cc on it because I want to be able to actually play and I'm paranoid, so I haven't really looked at the modeling forums over there. I've been here for...probably just right at a year, and I'd never edited before or anything. I took a break for about a month though, probably right about when you came actually!

Okay, here's my actually app now :)

Preferred name: Ava
    Model's Name: Renata (I don't remember her last name, I'll go find it and come back!)
    Headshot:
    19453640911_891b70fdf5_o.png
    Bodyshot:
    19443354482_cac2c6d2a0_o.png
    Siggy_zpsvy6uc9hh.gif

• Options
    Great Ava, I love the face detail, what are you using, a great skin, or layered makeup?
  • Options
    Great Ava, I love the face detail, what are you using, a great skin, or layered makeup?

Thanks! I think I'm using both- the skin is use is pretty great I think, but then I also layer a lot of natural makeup (Tifa, I think) like pores/shadows/highlights etc :) I just learned how to layer makeup and now I'm obsessed with it lol
    Siggy_zpsvy6uc9hh.gif

• Options
    I'm always in the market for new skin details, do you know which one in particular you used for the pores? I have a ton of tifa, so i might already have it, but I thought i'd ask anyways!
  • Options
    I'm 95% sure these are the pores I use :)
    Siggy_zpsvy6uc9hh.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top