Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hey, They listened to us and added a... Spa..?????

Why? I don't know, but I think the person in charge of releasing the new Gp's Sp's and EP's REALLY needs to stop by these threads and actually READ Them. No, I don't want to watch my lifeless sims get massages, why? lol
It's very clear what the majority of sim players want, just look at the top 6 ongoing conversations. Some of which have been floating around top 3 since the first week the game way released! Not once has anyone said, Oh please EA give us a Spa..? (not that I've read, anyways) Fix your game EA, Get with it. I just paid $10 for a hot tub, now you think Im going to shell out 20 more for a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 massage chair. I don't think so. I was soo annoyed when I saw what the next GP would be, I can't imagine what these people are thinking, other then 'Let's just make what we have the "tech" for and these boneheads will keep buyin!'
giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

Comments

• Options
    mwyatt139mwyatt139 Posts: 374 Member
    I agree. Though I'm excited for my Sims to get massages and stuff (which was my favorite part of the Sims Superstar) There's other things more important that should be addressed first
    Link to my Facebook feel free to friend me: https://www.facebook.com/Spiritualanddifferent
    Link to my blog: https://www.merismusings.wordpress.com
    Link to my Twitter (used mainly for promoting my blog): https://twitter.com/BridgetW1990
    Add me on Origin: mwyatt139

event.png
  • Options
    mwyatt139mwyatt139 Posts: 374 Member
    I agree. Though I'm excited for my Sims to get massages and stuff (which was my favorite part of the Sims Superstar) There's other things more important that should be addressed first
    Link to my Facebook feel free to friend me: https://www.facebook.com/Spiritualanddifferent
    Link to my blog: https://www.merismusings.wordpress.com
    Link to my Twitter (used mainly for promoting my blog): https://twitter.com/BridgetW1990
    Add me on Origin: mwyatt139

event.png
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    sure its nice that they added a spa but i would much rather went back dishwashers and workable washers and dryers
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Nothing that you want will be added through a GP, realistically. So what does it matter what the GP content is anyways?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    DerekaiDerekai Posts: 168 Member
    Why? I don't know, but I think the person in charge of releasing the new Gp's Sp's and EP's REALLY needs to stop by these threads and actually READ Them. No, I don't want to watch my lifeless sims get massages, why? lol
    It's very clear what the majority of sim players want, just look at the top 6 ongoing conversations. Some of which have been floating around top 3 since the first week the game way released! Not once has anyone said, Oh please EA give us a Spa..? (not that I've read, anyways) Fix your game EA, Get with it. I just paid $10 for a hot tub, now you think Im going to shell out 20 more for a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 massage chair. I don't think so. I was soo annoyed when I saw what the next GP would be, I can't imagine what these people are thinking, other then 'Let's just make what we have the "tech" for and these boneheads will keep buyin!'

This SPA Game Pack was outlined in a survey released last year. It stands to reason it ranked high. So there was public consultation.

You can't take the forums (or any forums on the internet) as a sample of the fan base. I myself agree that we are really in need of a family-oriented pack. But only roughly 3 in 10 players have even given birth in game and a quick look at the CC content websites the Gallery or The Sims 3 Exchange show you take the vast majority of simmers focuses on adults.

I was looking around the forum and was aghast how many comments are there requesting a night like expansion pack as the next, even the base game and stuff packs having so recently provided this sort of content. Nevertheless, the demand is out there.

There was a huge shakeup at EA/Maxis this year, with people coming and going and being assigned new positions. You can see that after that there has been an effort to include children in packs around themes that had completely excluded them in The Sims 2 and 3. They can finally use the hot tub and will be able to peruse the SPA as well. That on the heels of we getting a free neighbourhood, family trees, free more normal careers, pools and ghosts. It's disingenuous to say they are not listening when all of those were direct responses to fan requests. I just think, also that, we should give credit where credit is due.

I do applaud you for voicing your opinion and demanding more family content. You couldn't be any righter. Even if not the majority, family players are a sizable chunk of the players and deserve to have their concerns addressed. Therefore, while I am sharing some insight on why perhaps these are the packs they are going with, I think you raise valid, necessary points that demand some sort of response from The Sims team that amounts to more than an appalling "we are looking into it". That means nothing.
  • Options

This SPA Game Pack was outlined in a survey released last year. It stands to reason it ranked high. So there was public consultation.

You can't take the forums (or any forums on the internet) as a sample of the fan base. I myself agree that we are really in need of a family-oriented pack. But only roughly 3 in 10 players have even given birth in game and a quick look at the CC content websites the Gallery or The Sims 3 Exchange show you take the vast majority of simmers focuses on adults.

I was looking around the forum and was aghast how many comments are there requesting a night like expansion pack as the next, even the base game and stuff packs having so recently provided this sort of content. Nevertheless, the demand is out there.

There was a huge shakeup at EA/Maxis this year, with people coming and going and being assigned new positions. You can see that after that there has been an effort to include children in packs around themes that had completely excluded them in The Sims 2 and 3. They can finally use the hot tub and will be able to peruse the SPA as well. That on the heels of we getting a free neighbourhood, family trees, free more normal careers, pools and ghosts. It's disingenuous to say they are not listening when all of those were direct responses to fan requests. I just think, also that, we should give credit where credit is due.

I do applaud you for voicing your opinion and demanding more family content. You couldn't be any righter. Even if not the majority, family players are a sizable chunk of the players and deserve to have their concerns addressed. Therefore, while I am sharing some insight on why perhaps these are the packs they are going with, I think you raise valid, necessary points that demand some sort of response from The Sims team that amounts to more than an appalling "we are looking into it". That means nothing.
  • Options
    Nothing that you want will be added through a GP, realistically. So what does it matter what the GP content is anyways?

Fair point.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I get out for two days and there is a new game pack anounced!!! Wow :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Oh Yea, A Brand New Wonderful (Im sure...) new Game Pack for $20+taxes.. - a G.P that should have been part of the patio S.P. We just bought- but instead is spread out into as many money making pieces as can be without fixing the hugest problems the game has to date..
    But Yay!! New G.P!!
    lol
    ugh.
    $$$$$$$
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    They listening to us,like a husband listen to his wife about one of their children. It go into one ear and out the other.
  • Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    > @crockatail said:
    > They listening to us,like a husband listen to his wife about one of their children. It go into one ear and out the other.
    But not all husbands will do so.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I think they already had these first few packs lined up. maybe since the game came out, could be a little before then.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited July 2015
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I think they already had these first few packs lined up. maybe since the game came out, could be a little before then.

Although anyone who has ever paid attention to the community should have known what was needed in the game from the start.

That's the problem, though. They *do* know what TS4 players want. They're sitting on the features and waiting until the most profitable time. They will hold Pets and Seasons for years like they did with TS3. They will do the same with Toddlers. The community needs to quit accepting it! The fact that it has been accepted is why EA gets away with it!
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    JesseBabe23JesseBabe23 Posts: 11 New Member
    I like the spa and the beautiful designs they managed to come up with, but the hype for the spa pack lasted about an hour after I played it and then I was like, 'okay now what'? I don't understand why it's been a whole year, with a bunch of random packs later and yet we still don't have toddlers. If you go on the Sims Facebook page and look in the comments, there is always something about toddlers and the people who run the page itself blatantly ignore it. Yes, some of these packs/new gameplay is fun, but I don't care about taking my sim to yoga class or camping I play for families. The sim's just feel so impersonal. I just get so frustrated because this is getting ridiculous.
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Right!? Argh..Hippie-themed GPs. Herbalists and Yoga. Fun. I've ALWAYS wanted that in my game. >_> Seriously, what the heck are they smoking in that studio coming out with these random plum GPs. I'm afraid to know what the next EP is. Watch it be something plum and even more random like a Farm Themed EP. Sims have no cars, missing lifestage, jacked up family trees and yet my sims can have a cow. Total Maxis logic right there.

I call it. The next EP is gonna be something random as hell that none us rational folks ever asked for.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Who knows why they do anything. When Luxury Party stuff was released I asked why they picked the subjectmatter they did for the first stuff pack. I was given a pretty inane answer that had something to do with our Sims had been working so hard since GTW was released that they needed a party.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    Right!? Argh..Hippie-themed GPs. Herbalists and Yoga. Fun. I've ALWAYS wanted that in my game. >_> Seriously, what the heck are they smoking in that studio coming out with these random plum GPs. I'm afraid to know what the next EP is. Watch it be something plum and even more random like a Farm Themed EP. Sims have no cars, missing lifestage, jacked up family trees and yet my sims can have a cow. Total Maxis logic right there.

I call it. The next EP is gonna be something random as hell that none us rational folks ever asked for.

It won't be farm based, because that is one we have actually been asking for since TS3. That is one I would buy. Well, I would have bought it for TS3, I don't know if anything would get me to give TS4 more money. :(
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    I think you're wrong. Some people have been asking for yoga for some time now.

They listened to us, and the results were satisfying. That's proof that we're good simmers , simmers with a vision....
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited July 2015
    Am I the only one who is totally not into the farming EP theme? I don't know, it just doesn't really appeal to me. At least not as a complete EP theme.

It's fine they give some things like chickens and rabbits and whatever with a Pets EP, but a complete farming EP? For me, no thanks :/
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who is totally not into the farming EP theme? I don't know, it just doesn't really appeal to me. At least not as a complete EP theme.

It's fine they give some things like chickens and rabbits and whatever with a Pets EP, but a complete farming EP? For me, no thanks :/

Heck, I will take that. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

No you aren't but watching the tractor rust might be fun. :p

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    AlexFetsisAlexFetsis Posts: 178 Member
    I think it is a great GP.

The problem is that each one of us want different things, so it's impossible to satisfy everyone.

In the end they are a company who makes a product and you have complete freedom to buy it or not.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    AlexFetsis wrote: »
    I think it is a great GP.

The problem is that each one of us want different things, so it's impossible to satisfy everyone.

In the end they are a company who makes a product and you have complete freedom to buy it or not.

I have to disagree with you there. Because, yes we are all different, and yes, we all play our games differently, but in the previous games we were able to play how we wanted to. Right now we are being pushed to play only one way, and it sucks. :(
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Some people asked for allot of the stuff that has been added, just cause they're not the major things everyone wants which is practically Toddlers and Vehicles and Objects. Some people asked for the buffet table and fountain, allot of people asked for hot tubs, some people asked for vacations and camping, quite allot of people asked for yoga and aquariums etc. I think that allot of the first Stuff Packs, Game Packs and Expansion Packs where being worked on before the release of the game, just because you aren't getting what you want right now doesn't mean they aren't listening, it takes more than a few months to create some of the packs. Plus as a company, of course they're going to try and charge people for every small bit of content, that's what all games do with DLC, if you don't like it, don't buy it. Don't give EA the satisfaction of getting your money, but again you're not forced to buy these. I remember that allot of people didn't get what they wanted in the first year of The Sims 3. And besides they're obviously listening to us, they've given us allot of the stuff we've asked for in free content patches: Ghosts, Pools, Careers, Genealogy, Basements, Extra Stories, a bit of Story Progression, Newcrest etc.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.