Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4

Hello :)

I haven't got sims 4 but still happily playing with sims 3. I was wondering if sims 4 has got any compliments response now it has been out for a while? Or is it best just to stick to sims 3?

Thank you in advance :D

Comments

• Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    This all depends on who you ask tbh.
    You should check youtube for lets play videos to get your own perspective on things.
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    mushplomplommushplomplom Posts: 760 Member
    CAS and build mode. Stability.

"EMOTIONZ1!!!!!"

"OUR SIMS ARE NOW MORE WERID THUN EVERS"

"LOOK HOW WERIRD THE YARE COOKING HOT DOG OUTSIDE"

"EVEN THO IN SIMS 3 U CAN THE EXACT SAME THING BUT SIMS 4 IS WEIRDER SIMS"

"BEARDS R TOO HARD to put in the game"

"LURXOOOOY HOTTUBS"
    I bought a GTX 1070 to play Sims 4.

• Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    It's extremely limited. I went back to sims3.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    What do you like and dislike about Sims 3? Do like to play families? Do you like ambitions? etc
    Sims 3 is complete and the packs are cheaper now which makes it a cheaper hobby XD

Sims 4 has it's strong points but they are few and far in between, with gurus constantly saying everything is to hard.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Ah, this is difficult, because either a) people like the game and would recommened it and b) people dislike it and would say stick to the S3.

Personally I think the game is coming along nicely, but it does misses family play, so if you love playing with generations and open world I would say stick to the S3, on the other hand, if you have seen some recent gameplays and would like to try it out I would say buy it, but on sale. It saves a bit of money for you and if you don't really love it you won't have be worried you payed the full price.

So, I would recommened it, but only if you would really like to play it for yourself. :blush:
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    writtenfaewrittenfae Posts: 192 Member
    Personally, I love the Sims 4 (and I've played TS1, TS2, and TS3). I especially love the ability to customize the sims in CAS, how you can pull and shape every inch of them to get just the right look you want, and if you don't want to fuss with it the randomize button does a good job of making very nice Sims - though their sense of style in the randomize can be a little cooky but that's an easy fix.

But I'd agree with @itsug and suggest you check out some lets play videos to see what you think of how it looks and runs, and the game play. See if you can get a feel for it yourself some so you can make a better decision.
    Blackmoore Legacy
    Draco%20Banner_zpsjy1lrxr1.png
    My YouTube channel here! Rosebud Challenge & Tiny Living Challenge.
    Disney Princess Bachelor Challenge!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    If you'd ask me: don't let go of Sims 3 just yet. I only have Sims 4 basegame but it's a bore to me, and the sims behave in ways that are disappointing for me. I prefer them in 3. Maybe the game will be more fun when EP's will be added, but I'm not going to find that out by buying them at the moment. I value my money.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Sims 4 has some pretty nice features: it plays really smooth and load fast, cas is simple to use and it's easy to have good looking Sims. No clothing filter, every outfit can be used as maternity outfit, sleep, everyday, as you wish. You can visit different neighbourhood without the time freezing and you can move the family from a neighbourhood to another without loosing relationship. It's stable. But: the world is smaller, fixed, you cannot place new lots. It has a gap of 180 Sims who can live in the world, after that it deletes almost every Sims you don't play. There isn't much to do in game right now. The world is not open as in Sims 3 but semi-open, loading screens are not that bad anyway. It depend on what you like and how you play.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited July 2015
    I think there is still a trial period on the game if you buy it from Origin, you can return it in a certain amount of time. Not sure on this. I would say that if you like rotational play then the game is good, if you like family play than the game is lacking. I like the way the sims look not the "pudding faces" of sims3 or the sameness of faces in the sims2. I think the game reminds me more of sims 2 than it does the sims 3. I also like that the game is smaller worlds that way I can do everything in the world, and feel I have seen and did the whole pack. I feel that in Sims3 I missed a lot of game play because the world was so big and I could not be everywhere, now it is just a small world or worlds and I can experience more of the game. That is just me.
    I also like the way they are doing the game packs, cheaper and better than the Sims 3 store, there are no simpoints and stuff to be concerned about. However, I do miss being able to gift others when I want to.
    The game play for me is just enough, and I can play the way they scripted or I can ignore that and play the way I want to. I like the easier building tools also, I can just stretch out the room to fit, as I am not a great builder, so it is ideal for me to take a house either from the gallery or from the game and add on or subtract from as I want and not have to do too much maneuvering of roofs and such. I like the way that the stretching is done.
    I also like the ideas that are coming up with the game and feel it has potential.
    I love that the mods and custom content is easier to put into the game, as there are a lot of great free cc that are fun to use in the game and they are not necessary, but they do add some customization and pleasure to the game. So many creative people out there who are doing great work and giving it away for free just because they love doing it.
    I find that it runs smoother on my computer. Even if I have a good computer, the sims3 really did not run well for me. It lagged and it crashed and I had to re-install more than I could play. So, to me the smoothness of the game is a plus.
    Ultimately you have to decide for yourself what you would like in game play. There is no reason to stop playing Sims3 in order to purchase sims 4 except maybe if you do not have the room on your computer. I would buy it on sale. Mine was a gift from a dear friend.
    The EP, Gp and SP's are cheaper than they were in the sims 3, so after the initial money put on the game, the rest is pretty reasonable, in my opinion.
    Check out the let's play and anything else you can online before purchasing to make sure that it is what your gaming style is. I do not miss toddlers, and other family play, but I am not a family player, I more want to see what each feature does and play different families in rotation. Different strokes for different folks. I also do not care that the worlds are small with my type of play there is enough for me. I do wish there were more lots or a way we could add lots to the game, as I take out all of EA's stuff and put in custom stuff from the gallery or TSR or MTS.
  • Options
    Chelseadude182Chelseadude182 Posts: 943 Member
    Thank you so much for taking your time and replying.
    I have been watching some videos, I like the graphics, and I like how one area has loads of sims.
    But I do like to play with families. Can you have toddlers yet please?
    I may give sims 4 some time and see what expansion packs come out.
    It's a pity how they have done so much in sims 3 but did a little is sims 4.
    Thank you again, for the time being ill stick with sims 3 :)
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    There are no toddlers at this point and no word about them either. Many people say there's no family play in TS4. I've found ways to enjoy families in my rotational play, but families is definitely not the strongest point of TS4. For rotational play I like it better than TS2. I knew I was going to end up buying the game eventually, so I grabbed it from the sale and after the free trial. If you feel happy with playing TS3 then sticking to it is a fine choice too :)
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited July 2015
    If you like storytelling in sims, if you like toddlers, if you like not having your sim baby attached to a crib, if you like dishwashers, if you like keeping and growing a family tree without your own sims being completely deleted from the game, if you like open world, if you like recoloring clothes and objects to your hearts content, if you like the freedom to decide how your sims succeed, if you like having more for sims to do than just sit around and talk, if you like a world that doesn't look like it came out of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, then Sims 3 is the game for you!! :)
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    If you like storytelling in sims, if you like toddlers, if you like not having your sim baby attached to a crib, if you like dishwashers, if you like keeping and growing a family tree without your own sims being completely deleted from the game, if you like open world, if you like recoloring clothes and objects to your hearts content, if you like the freedom to decide how your sims succeed, if you like having more for sims to do than just sit around and talk, if you like a world that doesn't look like it came out of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, then Sims 3 is the game for you!! :)
    ^this, pretty much.
    oh3cjs.jpg