Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sarah Holding says that TS4 tech is more limiting than TS3 was.

celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
edited July 2015 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
2yzdF15.png

I am completely surprised by the assertion by the producer Sarah Holding regarding why was not added new models of beards for CAS in The Sims 4 until now. I wonder what this producer has in mind to say this sort of thing, especially considering that a good proportion of people are still discredited in The Sims 4. Sometimes I have the impression that the producers are abusing the intelligence of the people who buy all the games they create. I know several players who are fully capable of creating a new beard model or even a good quality clothing in The Sims 4 in less than two days.

I am not concerned whether there will be new beards in the game, I'm satisfied with the existing models. What makes me worried is this kind of misplaced assertion that ultimately only serves to further frustrate the players, especially those who are hopeless with respect to the fourth generation.
tenor.gif

Comments

• Options
    firefly4477firefly4477 Posts: 128 Member
    gc6164 wrote: »
    Hopefully they figure out a way for this not to happen.

They have. It's called Sims 5.

Although, I'm seriously worried they might take the lazy way out like they did with 2&3 and just build on the same plum engine.*shudders*
  • Options
    TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    Well it was already obvious but they finally admitted it to say the least.

That person is right to ask such a question but the answer she gave to him is nothing he would expect. Surely it'd be easier to add facial just as how easy it should be when they put hair on a sim?

But it's 2015 and anybody can make a game, if they have the talent to do so, in many types of game engines such as Unreal, by themselves.

Another question we really need to ask in this thread is that did they waste all that money they earned just so they can salvage a failed project?
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Well, unfortunately I think it's obvious that their tech is limited. Sad. I had hoped to see the series I love move forward. It deserves to. But thanks to limited tech even new beards are difficult? I guess that's what happens when they throw simmers' money at Titanfall instead of back into The Sims.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited July 2015
    According to SimGuruSarah the tech used in The Sims 4 is more limiting compared to The Sims 3 Tech.

Isn't that sad and hilarious at the same time?
    Wasn't TS4 meant to be better, more advanced? This again is another sign that this game is just quickly thrown together to make some money.

She also mentioned that it was ''a lot of work'' and ''expense'' to create different seating postures like for lounge chairs. Isn't the ''expensive'' and ''a lot of work'' not always the first thing we hear? It's sad.

• Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    Why is it so limited? Didn't they say they made a stable base game?
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited July 2015
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    According to SimGuruSarah the tech used in The Sims 4 is more limiting compared to The Sims 3 Tech.

Isn't that sad and hilarious at the same time?
    Wasn't TS4 meant to be better, more advanced? This again is another sign that this game is just quickly thrown together to make some money.

She also mentioned that it was ''a lot of work'' and ''expense'' to create different seating postures like for lounge chairs. Isn't the ''expensive'' and ''a lot of work'' not always the first thing we hear? It's sad.

lol, well it's not the first time things are "too expensive and too difficult" and neither which the sims 4 engineer is a cra p, we already aware but is good to see maybe the "blind followers" can finally try to see how much sims 4 is "awesome" a very limited worst engineer, that is why ts3 emotions work better than ts4 or almost many of things works better, make a "half baked game" from scrap is not really funny or right.

@rudy8292 twitter then cay delete unwanted posts at anytime unlike the forum... then is more easy to speak where they have full control over the users(don't have any rules to follow than they own desires).
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    How is a game released 5 years after another tech limited to the previous?

Smells like SimsCity can't be offline all over again.

I sold my soul after I got in the Sims frnachise

tumblr_nqhvq8ILEd1u7dsvoo1_1280.jpg

That photo is amazing!
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    Well, unfortunately I think it's obvious that their tech is limited. Sad. I had hoped to see the series I love move forward. It deserves to. But thanks to limited tech even new beards are difficult? I guess that's what happens when they throw simmers' money at Titanfall instead of back into The Sims.
    And the money they earned turned to Titanfall 2! Yay *pops confetti*
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    Guess "limited" should read "more complex". And I think it makes sense.

At the same time I urge to check out The sims 1 again, where sims could just sit or not sit, they slept in their bed dead as loggs - but still it was ouzing with charm :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top