Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Autosave needs to be the default load when clicking "resume" at main menu.

Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
Edit: Melodrama over

Three hours of gameplay. Lost.
Uhr.
I just can't.
I went back to main menu quick after loading, but just after loading it replaced my autosave as soon as it loaded...

The issue of autosave not loading as default is apparently a problem though xD
Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Uhr.
    I just can't.
    I went back to main menu quick after loading, but just after loading it replaced my autosave as soon as it loaded...

You can roll the autosave back to the earlier one. See the link in my footer.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    mushplomplommushplomplom Posts: 760 Member
    The game has like 5 versions of a save in the save folder pretty sure you can get it back
    I bought a GTX 1070 to play Sims 4.

• Options
    Uhr.
    I just can't.

You have saved my life, I am eternally grateful.
  • Options
    You should eat that angry spaghetti anyway. Spaghetti is always good :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Kristoff BjorgmanKristoff Bjorgman Posts: 284 Member
    Uhr.
    I just can't.

You have saved my life, I am eternally grateful.

It was a very good tip by @luthienrising

For future proof, always use Save As...
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I thought auto save IS the default mode when you hit the play button cuz it's like that in my game.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    DeKay wrote: »
    I thought auto save IS the default mode when you hit the play button cuz it's like that in my game.

It was, until a recent patch changed that. (But the autosave and the most recent last actual save are often identical, so ...)
  • Options
    edited June 2015

It was, until a recent patch changed that. (But the autosave and the most recent last actual save are often identical, so ...)

mmm. I didn't save for a while, but then my laptop crashed because for some reason this laptop windows 8 + youtube causes blue screen of death :P
    Pitch perfect killed my game.
  • Options
    Kristoff BjorgmanKristoff Bjorgman Posts: 284 Member

mmm. I didn't save for a while, but then my laptop crashed because for some reason this laptop windows 8 + youtube causes blue screen of death :P

OMG! I'm listening to "Cups" right now!
  • Options
    Well, if your save fails then they won't be the same :) But that's when you want it. Sometimes people have had the autosave be a tiny bit - like, seconds - ahead of their actual save, though, and I think that's why they made the change.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Oh, I didn't know it was changed. Yeah, most of the time, they're the same but you know, let's say I didn't want to save the game and if I just go back to main menu without saving, it's best not to hit the play button cuz that would load to the auto-save which is the continuation of the game that I didn't want to save. So maybe that's why they changed it? To avoid confusion and making it more like TS1 and TS2 save style (not too sure about 3 cuz I didn't play it)? But then again, now what's the point of having an auto-save. LOL.

Sorry to hear that. Sometimes auto-save can't help you either if your laptop crashes. I had that happen to me. The auto-save only saves the game when your sim goes to a different lot (aka thru a loading screen). So if for the three hours, you didn't travel to a different lot, it wouldn't make a difference either cuz no auto-save was made.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Apparently all 5 of my autosaves (including the 4 backups are timed at 3:08, which is the bad time :O
    Unless it autosaved 5 times at once
    nvm, it does that with all the autosaves when they move up version slots.
  • Options
    Apparently all 5 of my autosaves (including the 4 backups are timed at 3:08, which is the bad time :O

Could you post a screenshot of all the saves files in your saves folder?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Bleh.png
  • Options

Bleh.png

I'm sorry but I don't see any 3:08 timings. Can you also tell me which date that you want to recover back.

Also, did you 'save and exit to main menu' or did you just go back to main menu after you accidentally loaded the saved game?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Bleh.png

I'm sorry but I don't see any 3:08 timings. Can you also tell me which date that you want to recover back.

Also, did you 'save and exit to main menu' or did you just go back to main menu after you accidentally loaded the saved game?

Oh, I tried the renaming, swapping round thing, so they changed times xD
    I didn't click save and go back to menu. I tried all 4 .ver files and they gave the same spot. Not sure if I did it wrong, as the instructions were a little confusing where it mentions renaming.

Edit:
    @DeKay to tag you so you can see xD
  • Options
    Don't worry about the save times! Windows considers it as that time because the file name changed. Those are still older versions, not the same one.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I've made a habit of doing a "Save As" right after I start playing a household. I generally have the household name and whatever version of it I'm playing. A new household gets the number 1. The next time I play this household it becomes 1-A, and so on and so forth. So, I can choose the latest one from the startup menu. After a time, I will delete older saves. This has saved me from confusion. TS3 game files were easier for me to understand. The way they are marked in this game boggles my poor, beleaguered brain. So, this system works best for me.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options

Bleh.png

Oh, I tried the renaming, swapping round thing, so they changed times xD
    I didn't click save and go back to menu. I tried all 4 .ver files and they gave the same spot. Not sure if I did it wrong, as the instructions were a little confusing where it mentions renaming.

Edit:
    @DeKay to tag you so you can see xD

Well, since they all brought you back to the same spot, I guess the game crashing actually didn't result in the auto-save so there wasn't one to begin with. :( Sorry about that.
    x3vZicL.gif