Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please, EA...Just STOP.

Comments

• Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,656 Member
    edited June 2015
    missmani09 wrote: »
    You ain't neva lied OP!

LOL. But in all seriousness, you mentioned a bedroom or kitchen stuff pack and I just realized that is something they really should have created instead of the Luxury Stuff pack.

Luxury stuff pack would have been better after they came out with some sort of Late Night GP or EP.

@SimGuruDrake could you pass on Kitchen or Bedroom type stuff pack as future ideas? But I'm sure they're already working on it right? Lol, Thanks.

What kitchen or bedroom type stuff in particular are people interested in?
    Dishwashers!!!! :D

toddlers
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited June 2015
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    The question was Star Wars or Mass Effect.
    Someone at EA decided to go Star Wars. Me? I'd take Mass Effect over SW any day.

My only complaint is that Maxis is completely ignoring ME fanbase. And it's okay, we are getting Mass Effect 4 next year so it's not like EA shoved us off completely.
    I did buy Sims 4, but how many other ME fans did it too seeing Sims 4 is going Star Wars? Not many. Why not? Because they needed some love.

Aww man EA seriously turned down Mass Effect?

I could've had a sim dude wearing a sexy Garrus head! I mean sure it'd get old pretty quickly, it'd still be really stupid and I doubt I'd actually use it much because I'm so not into the whole dressing up aspect that EA seems to keep pushing but for that split second I would see that derpy-looking Garrus head and grin to myself.

Dangit EA. You picked the wrong team.
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    There has always been some kind of product placement the Sims series since Sims 1. We got McDonald's food carts that sold Hamburgers and fries (Sims 1), the Ford car set (Sims 2), The Toyota Family (Sims 3).
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    axel1015axel1015 Posts: 952 Member
    You ain't neva lied OP!

LOL. But in all seriousness, you mentioned a bedroom or kitchen stuff pack and I just realized that is something they really should have created instead of the Luxury Stuff pack.

Luxury stuff pack would have been better after they came out with some sort of Late Night GP or EP.

@SimGuruDrake could you pass on Kitchen or Bedroom type stuff pack as future ideas? But I'm sure they're already working on it right? Lol, Thanks.

I would love a kitchen and bath pack and I think we should have gotten that then luxury party stuff, I also agree with the late night thing. If they had just released a late night/date night EP that ok but really? I would love a beach or ocean like GP, or an apartment date night EP or like a baby nursery kids SP that adds a premium item of the changing table and adds more of a variety of bassinets and mobiles.
    FreshLion55 on the Gallery! Happy simming! >:)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    You ain't neva lied OP!

I'd like something with a bit more variety.

Instead of giving us a pack like the Mastersuite SP I'd like it if we got something that has different kinds of items. The overarching theme in that SP and in a lot of the content released for TS3 was the idea that every player wants their sim to live in these big luxurious houses with all of this amazing luxurious furniture. I hated this theme because it was very opposite to my particular "idea" of what my sim's life was and we've already had two SPs back to back that are continuing to push this same theme.

Like the Patio SP for example; why couldn't we have gotten some ratchet broken-down looking pieces for "trailer trash" gardens as well as the nice modern-art type stuff and pricey hot tubs? Why did it all have to be "expensive"?

Granted, maybe I'm an oddball and of course you guys should go with the majority because that's where your business is, but I would love it if we got a bedroom expansion pack that included all kinds of different things:- like a murphy bed, a mattress that goes on the floor because your sim is too poor to buy a bed frame, some basic-looking beds that are obviously cheap but functional instead of all this really stylized modern / expensive-looking stuff. Maybe things like stain decals for the carpets, torn wallpaper, clutter for the bedroom surfaces, chest of drawers that are slightly crooked, a wardrobe with a door hanging off it...

Obviously keep some of the pricier-looking items because there's a place for them as well and they're really nice when you're doing a more expensive build or heck, even as something for your "sim" to aspire to owning as they're living out of their one-room apartment but please just give people like me more options to choose from.

I like for my sims to live in pokey little houses / crummy apartments where they maybe have one or two rooms and that's it. Things like huge expensive beds covered with drapes and silk sheets, expensive patio furniture and the general theme of glamour really don't fit into that for the most part.
    Post edited by Darkslayer on
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Wait was more starwars stuff added...whats going on? XD
    giphy.gif

• Options
    SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    I would like the option of clothes racks / hangers - so I can build closets in my house designs.
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • Options
    You ain't neva lied OP!

I would love some new appliances, premium item dishwasher/garbage disposal. Counters that are like mid price not luxurious not low quality, apron sinks and towels that can be placed on the edge of counters, blenders, spice racks, and maybe like for another premium item if the others aren't usable is like a walk in pantry like the saunas in TS2 where they are pre made and come with walls around them, know what I mean? more cabinets and stone/granite countertops...more clutter and maybe being able to have fruit stored in fruit bowls and a juicer if dishwashers aren't usable. Bedroom things such as more beds with interchangeable bedspreads/sheets and frames, premium item of TS2-like closet and some nightstands and dressers would be nice, maybe some slippers to place next to the bed and clutter like glasses to set on night stand tables or dentures lol! I would also love a nursery like SP with lots of kids and baby items with more bassinet options like a cradle, crib, etc...(is that possible?) and premium item being a changing table for babies and toddlers(if they ever return) some lower hanging mobiles that spin and/or a rocking chair? What do you think? Thoughts? @SimGuruDrake
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited June 2015
    You ain't neva lied OP!

If you want to continue the route of sponsored stuff, let's have an IKEA pack again. I love their kitchen & bedroom stuff in real life (well, all the other rooms too!), a Sims version would be awesome too. One of my favorite Sims 2 stuff packs is the IKEA pack.

PS- That includes the IKEA nursery stuff of course. We need real nurseries again.
  • Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    IRL I hate Star Wars. I don't want my sims to like Star Wars either. I don't want Luke Skywalker sims or R2 D2 or whatever the heck his name is! I want normal every day sims. Sims is supposed to be somewhat realistic. Well Star Wars is not realistic. It's futuristic from a dumb sci fi movie.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    You ain't neva lied OP!

For me I'd like less focus on luxury items and more emphasis on everyday things. Personally though the thing I would most right now is to be able to play. I don't see any need to add content to a game that I can't even play right now.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    axel1015 wrote: »
    You ain't neva lied OP!

I would love some new appliances, premium item dishwasher/garbage disposal. Counters that are like mid price not luxurious not low quality, apron sinks and towels that can be placed on the edge of counters, blenders, spice racks, and maybe like for another premium item if the others aren't usable is like a walk in pantry like the saunas in TS2 where they are pre made and come with walls around them, know what I mean? more cabinets and stone/granite countertops...more clutter and maybe being able to have fruit stored in fruit bowls and a juicer if dishwashers aren't usable. Bedroom things such as more beds with interchangeable bedspreads/sheets and frames, premium item of TS2-like closet and some nightstands and dressers would be nice, maybe some slippers to place next to the bed and clutter like glasses to set on night stand tables or dentures lol! I would also love a nursery like SP with lots of kids and baby items with more bassinet options like a cradle, crib, etc...(is that possible?) and premium item being a changing table for babies and toddlers(if they ever return) some lower hanging mobiles that spin and/or a rocking chair? What do you think? Thoughts? @SimGuruDrake

Also, @SimGuruDrake

A much less focus on "luxury" would be nice, I mean it's just not realistic, I mean do you go into someone's bedroom and see gem crusted bedframes and diamond lights and floor stars? No...you see a normal traditional bed frame and dresser. We don't want luxurious items, please focus on the more everyday or usual type items. They did a pretty good job on everyday items with Perfect Patio, but even more so just normal, regular looking items. No rich and famous things, no vibrating bed, just regular nice items.
  • Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    edited June 2015
    I would love to bathe babies again. It's so cute when my sims bathe their babies in the sink or in the tub. I also love changing tables (but, yea, babies are objects and toddlers are not in the game, ho-hum)

I would like beach themed items, sea shell tiled floors and walls and decorations, for my bath. And for kitchens, stainless steel appliances, counters with gorgeous granite counter tops, trash compactors, dishwashers, toasters, and any other appliances. And more....

edit: I hope I don't sound too luxurious; just think about stuff I want in real life. I would like bugs/glitches to be fixed first before I buy anything extra content for this game.
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options
    You ain't neva lied OP!

Also, @SimGuruDrake

A much less focus on "luxury" would be nice, I mean it's just not realistic, I mean do you go into someone's bedroom and see gem crusted bedframes and diamond lights and floor stars? No...you see a normal traditional bed frame and dresser. We don't want luxurious items, please focus on the more everyday or usual type items. They did a pretty good job on everyday items with Perfect Patio, but even more so just normal, regular looking items. No rich and famous things, no vibrating bed, just regular nice items.

I'd be more than happy to have regular nice items too and I really love your ideas.
  • Options
    Darkslayer wrote: »
    You ain't neva lied OP!

Also, @SimGuruDrake

I'd be more than happy to have regular nice items too and I really love your ideas.

Thanks!
  • Options
    CipherMandyCipherMandy Posts: 524 Member
    All the Star Wars hate....YOU'RE BREAKING MY HEART!!!

3gotye_meme_han_solo_star_wars_17s8l6n-17s8lef.jpg
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    There has always been some kind of product placement the Sims series since Sims 1. We got McDonald's food carts that sold Hamburgers and fries (Sims 1), the Ford car set (Sims 2), The Toyota Family (Sims 3).

I don't remember how it was handled in 2 but in 3 the items were in the store and you had a choice about getting them or not.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    Okay, I have no idea where EA got the idea or came up with it, but they seem to have some sort of fetish with parties and Star Wars, so I speak for myself and a lot of other people on here, maybe not everyone, but please do NOT include any more useless Star Wars things in patches! I have no idea WHY you think it's necessary because I just get annoyed, they ARE however well made and aren't skipped out on, but why Star Wars?? It's so dumb...how about you use the employees who create those useless things to include a male and female hair and maybe a nice outfit in each patch and not some dumb Star Wars things. As for parties...I'm not sure where they came up with the idea that EVERY sim player is obsessed with parties and bars but we're not...sure I like my sims having get togethers and going out on the town, but we don't need to have packs for them...I heard somewhere that they wanted to make a party game pack...why why why???? Ugh that sounds terrible!! I'd much rather they put there time and effort in things the game is lacking like a family game pack or a stuff pack that just adds maybe new kitchen or bedroom items and not useless things like party packs and Star Wars. I mean I guess I understand the party stuff but STAR WARS?? It's literally un fathomable how ignorant they are. WE DONT WANT STAR WARS 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Also, I really hope EA is making some serious changes because 99% of the recent posts are all complaints or upset simmers. Shouldn't they care? I kno ether really don't...

EA and Disney signed an exclusive deal for rights to Star Wars games. A 10 year deal, from what I understand.
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
    You ain't neva lied OP!

I'd actually like a few more "cheap" items. Like the loveseats from sims 2 with the absolutely horrendous designs on them but on a bed spread. Something that looks like it's been taken from the home of an old couple. I want things that look affordable for less than well off families, I guess. And dishwashers, deep fryers, ooh and maybe a waffle press.

I also want to bring up the lack of activities. One of the main reasons I can't play TS4 right now (other than toddlers) is because my sims just make so much money and theres absolutely nothing to spend it on. I'm hoping for some kind of town-life, late night, etc. type expansion or game pack coming soon.
  • Options
    DDOAndoraDDOAndora Posts: 245 Member

True, but before now you had to down load it into your game to have. In other words, those who did not want it did not have to have it. The freedom that many of us have loved from Sims 1 forward is now gone. It started decaying in Sims 3 and Sims 4 killed it for us. I am not going to play pretend that I am in Sims 2, no - I will save my money and just boot Sims 2.

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    edited June 2015
    You ain't neva lied OP!

In particular? For the kitchen, dishwashers! Maybe also a dishrack for when the Sims have been handwashing dishes. Plus I would love if Sims set the table for family dinner, and if parents could tell kids to clear the table. And for the bedroom, bunk beds and a couple of small bedside-table alarm clocks, even a phone-charging stand. I loved that IKEA stuff pack from Sims 2 and would buy something like that again in a heartbeat.

Oh! And toasters. (I can't believe I almost forgot that.) I would so much love a toaster that sometimes burned the toast, and that sometimes popped it right out, and that you could stick a fork in to find out what happens.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
    You ain't neva lied OP!

In particular? For the kitchen, dishwashers! Maybe also a dishrack for when the Sims have been handwashing dishes. Plus I would love if Sims set the table for family dinner, and if parents could tell kids to clear the table. And for the bedroom, bunk beds and a couple of small bedside-table alarm clocks, even a phone-charging stand. I loved that IKEA stuff pack from Sims 2 and would buy something like that again in a heartbeat.

Oh! And toasters. (I can't believe I almost forgot that.) I would so much love a toaster that sometimes burned the toast, and that sometimes popped it right out, and that you could stick a fork in to find out what happens.

I second this! You have such great ideas. :)
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member

They also did IKEA SP in TS2. :)
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Yes please no more star wars, sausage outfit or any kind of these outfits. I never use them. I would be happy happy to see new costumes instead even if they were just the normal shirt and pants or dresses for our sims.

I totally dont mind getting a dress of some actresses during The Oscars ceremony.

I never liked star wars films
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I still don't understand where this is coming from. Star Wars stuff has been out for a while now. No sense in complaining about it now.
    LR3g0ni.jpg