Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Walls and the Activity Feed

Would it be possible to exclude what content we post to our personal walls, and the content that others post to our personal walls, from appearing on the activity feed? I would like it much better if someone who wanted to see what I was up to had to come to my page personally rather than have it splashed across a public feed for all to see.

Comments

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Thanks, Harmony!
    I recall a few days back a user was upset because she posted something to her wall which was sensitive information she wanted to share but probably not with EVERYONE. Her post about a loved one's passing got LOL'ed and caused some stuff that didn't need to happen in the first place.

I honestly had no idea that what I posted on my wall would be seen without having to go to my wall first.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    That would be nice to have that option,
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i would like to have this option as well
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    @Memina11, you've agreed with me twice now, what is this world coming to?! :D Just kidding.
  • Options
    BellaGothIsQueenBellaGothIsQueen Posts: 531 Member
    Although I agree that it would be nice to have private walls, I think the reason everything we post on our walls also appears on the activity feed is for moderation purposes. If everything was private then the Mods would have to look through every single user's wall to make sure they're behaving and not breaking the TOS. Because our wall activity is publicly visible it means the mods can easily scroll through the activity feed and moderate it all, it's more practical that way. But again I wish that our walls were private because I don't like my conversations to be eavesdropped on. :)
  • Options
    Fair point, so maybe it could be a feature available to those moderating the forum only?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Yeah if the activity feed was inaccessible to regular forum users and kept only for moderation then that could work, but now I think about it I'd also like a public discussion board like the activity page, but separate from our walls. So we can keep our private conversations away from the rest of the forum, but there's also a place to go talk to other users. I guess what I'm trying to say is that there should be 2 activity feeds; a hidden one for the Mods to monitor private wall activity, and one for public use that is separate from our walls. :)
  • Options
    K4le8K4le8 Posts: 217 Member
    It really doesn't improve anything, I was being harassed last week on the activity page and nothing was done about it.
  • Options
    K4le8 wrote: »
    It really doesn't improve anything, I was being harassed last week on the activity page and nothing was done about it.

Oh, I fully agree it wold 100% solve anything. But instead of your every thought showing up in thread for public consumption, one would have to physically go to your page to read what you post and not be able to see it in that activity feed.
    This was one thing they kind of got right with the TS3 site. You could set your page to be private except to friends. I'd love that setup back but I don't think it is possible.
    I know I would be satisfied if I could freely post to my page knowing that the only people who will read it are the people who bother to come to my page.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I really like this idea. The first time I posted there I thought it was just an about me type area. I didn't understand that it went to everyone that was looking at that feed. I kind of like the thought that we can have a flowing activity and a personal area. Was that the way it was before? I've seen other new people get a first badge and then they post hello? They don't know what's going on.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I really like this idea. The first time I posted there I thought it was just an about me type area. I didn't understand that it went to everyone that was looking at that feed. I kind of like the thought that we can have a flowing activity and a personal area. Was that the way it was before? I've seen other new people get a first badge and then they post hello? They don't know what's going on.

On TS3 site, it ended up a lot different than when it started. In the beginning, anything you posted on your page/wall was visible to only those who went to your wall. Later on it was changed to a Facebook-like feed. People could see your wall depending on your preference of settings. I always left mine open to anyone who wanted to look and post. Some people had theirs hidden except to those whom they'd chosen and accepted as 'friends'.

The settings on the page to either have things show on your feed included: Status updates, Achievements, Exchange Uploads, Memories, Movies and Stories, Simport Reviews and Greeting Cards. You could pick and choose what of these things you did or didn't want to see in your feed.

Personally, I chose to only have 'My Activity' shown in my feed because it got overwhelming tracking through all of my friends posts.

So, anything I posted on my page/wall was only visible to others if you either went physically to my page or were a friend and chose to have my posts appear on your wall/page feed. If I only wanted friends to be able to view my page, I could have easily made that so.

Now whatever you have to say or post on your page gets put through the activity feed whether you intended to share it with the world or not.
    I will say I am very happy we get personal message now, always really wanted that. :) I guess I will just use that and now being aware about my wall and the activity feed I will likely post a lot less than I already did to my page.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    What they could do is add an option that asks if you want to make your post private or public when you click the post button....

Or they can make PM's have an unlimited amount of people in them again, so that could be where you chat about private stuff.
  • Options
    ZSims601 wrote: »
    What they could do is add an option that asks if you want to make your post private or public when you click the post button....

Or they can make PM's have an unlimited amount of people in them again, so that could be where you chat about private stuff.

Yes to both of these! :p
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    ZSims601 wrote: »

agree

and if the mods need to see what we post privatly, well then they could ahve their special wall, as some one mention.. where they can see all things.

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳