Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Rip Off

Whovian97Whovian97 Posts: 392 Member
I just checked the balance on my card and it showed that I had 8 transactions from EA with four of the eight times being charged $1.00. I contacted EA and am currently in the process of getting my refund, but was told that those were basically just charges for me attempting to buy a game. It doesn't make sense to me, because Origin rejected my card when I tried to purchase telling me that it's not compatible. Now, tell me how it's right that I wasn't allowed to make a purchase, but it was totally ok that they charged me for $4. NOT AT ALL. The worse part is, that I never even received notification by email that the charge had been made. So, it leads me to wonder, how much longer would have EA continued to charge my card for this until I noticed? Just Pathetic.

My advice to you guys is to go check your accounts/cards that you use to buy on Origin. EA could've been taking from you and you might not even know it. This is just terrible.
siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
FIND ME ON THE GALLERY: holdenwade97

Comments

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    I was charged before.

I didn't care, because it was just those gift card credit things. :D

I laughed it off when it charged me. :p
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    This is the main reason I don't use Credit Cards online. I'm sorry for you, glad you could figure it out!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
    edited June 2015
    I used EA gift cards when I bought stuff from EA. Sorry this happened to you. Glad you got it settled.

What doesn't make sense is why you were being charged for ATTEMPTING to buy something. What's next? getting charged for just looking at games in the store?
  • Options
    Whovian97Whovian97 Posts: 392 Member
    I used EA gift cards when I bought stuff from EA. Sorry this happened to you. Glad you got it settled.

What doesn't make sense is why you were being charged for ATTEMPTING to buy something. What's next? getting charged for just looking at games in the store?

That's what makes me the most mad about it. Yeah I was charged $4. Big deal, but charging me at just basically adding it to my cart is just wrong!
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
    FIND ME ON THE GALLERY: holdenwade97