Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 VS The Sims 3 Island Paradise

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    @fullspiral I don't understand you

What I am wondering about is why the sims 3 lovers aren't posting all their fun and pics and gameplay in the S3 section of the forum. Or comparing their beloved game to 4 there?

I see a few regulars there posting and sharing, but most post in the S4 section about their love for S3 and how much better it is. Why?
    Because it's important the spontaneous nobody-asked-but-thanks-for-sharing Sims 3 bashing over here gets some counterweight. Why is that important? Sims 5. EA simply has to know their predecessor with its open world and CASt is loved by many.
    (and many of us are still curious what's happening to Sims 4, it being the future and all)

That's not how it is though. The S4 forum is mostly about comparing it to S3. Maybe they need to start a S5 section then? Sims 5 is a long ways off, but it might be better for the forum if they opened one for that purpose.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2015
    Sims 3 always, always get mentioned--even by some TS4 lovers just to "bash" it, lol. I think it's because it's still relevant because...well, it's like looking at history and maybe repeating the same mistakes or to remember how good/bad it was, and how will it affect things in the future.

It's a love/hate kind of game (like TS4?), I guess. It's still in people's mind because it was the last generation game, AND the store is still open, etc. Whether it's to "bash" it or to reminise about it, many simmers will end up mentioning, somehow, someway. Even if it's a one-off comment about how it rocked/plum/blah, blah.

So, many people are worried about how TS4 will be similar and/or different to Sims 3 (and Sims 2). Some people don't want TS4 to become like TS3 or even to have features from TS3 (ex: like, the sort-of career SP-ish thing TS4 added recently with GTW).

Some (I think many, actually) are worried that EA will repeat mistakes like it did with Sims3 (ex: price gouging; buying back items that were originally in previous base-games; unfixed bugs; etc).

And, then of course, being the last generation, people will still compare/contrast it with the new iteration. I mean, it's a sequel due to the number 4 being in its title, lol. So, like with other games, there are expectations that the sequel will improve on its predecessors. Which...it sort of doesn't (in general to various websites and professional review sites and general user base), so far....
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited June 2015
    @bunnygypsy I get all that. And I am one of the ones that does NOT want it to become like 3. So I share my thoughts on the matter from my perspective.

I am more talking about the posts that are always there rooting and rah-ing for TS3 and how it will always be the better game, no matter what. IMO, that is not feedback.

IMO, that is an opinion.
  • Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    You cannot compare a base game to an EP.

Also,
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    @kremesch73 what do you mean

I mean that nothing in S3 was way cooler than S2. My opinion, of course.

I see no mention of TS2 in the OP's comment - try to stay on topic, yes?

--T

I see no mention of TS2 and TS3 in a lot of TS4 threads. If everyone stayed on topic there would be fewer of these comparison threads but as soon as someone makes a positive comment about TS4 posters start bringing up the TS2 and TS3, along with picture spamming to prove their points.
  • Options
    @bunnygypsy I get all that. And I am one of the ones that does NOT want it to become like 3. So I share my thoughts on the matter from my perspective.

I am more talking about the posts that are always there rooting and rah-ing for TS3 and how it will always be the better game, no matter what. IMO, that is not feedback.

IMO, that is an opinion.

Ah, I understand. Yeah, that can get annoying after awhile. :/ (Even to me, who's a little more pro-TS3 in these kinds of comparison threads, but have a love/hate relationship with TS3 from time to time, lol.)

Well, right now, this thread is comparing them. So, it is on topic, at the moment....

Yeah, if the rah-ing gets too much or there's some condescension towards TS4 users, I would sometimes just ignore those posts if they're off-topic too much.
    Simulator4 wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »
    You cannot compare a base game to an EP.

Also,
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    @kremesch73 what do you mean

I mean that nothing in S3 was way cooler than S2. My opinion, of course.

I see no mention of TS2 in the OP's comment - try to stay on topic, yes?

--T

I see no mention of TS2 and TS3 in a lot of TS4 threads. If everyone stayed on topic there would be fewer of these comparison threads but as soon as someone makes a positive comment about TS4 posters start bringing up the TS2 and TS3, along with picture spamming to prove their points.

Depends on the topic, though? If it's a speculation of future changes like Story Progression or packs that re-sell base-game stuff (*cough* hot tub *cough*), then people will likely bring up about Sims 3 had done it, and how the changes will be similar/different, etc....
    (She/her)
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @fullspiral I don't understand you

What I am wondering about is why the sims 3 lovers aren't posting all their fun and pics and gameplay in the S3 section of the forum. Or comparing their beloved game to 4 there?

I see a few regulars there posting and sharing, but most post in the S4 section about their love for S3 and how much better it is. Why?
    Because it's important the spontaneous nobody-asked-but-thanks-for-sharing Sims 3 bashing over here gets some counterweight. Why is that important? Sims 5. EA simply has to know their predecessor with its open world and CASt is loved by many.
    (and many of us are still curious what's happening to Sims 4, it being the future and all)

That's not how it is though. The S4 forum is mostly about comparing it to S3. Maybe they need to start a S5 section then? Sims 5 is a long ways off, but it might be better for the forum if they opened one for that purpose.
    Yes, it's mostly about comparing everything to everything and it's been like that since long before Sims 4 was even released. And most of the time it wasn't - and still isn't - Sims 3 fans comparing.That was fun of course, when you hated Sims 3. But it's less fun when you like a good Sims 3 bashing and all of a sudden all this people burst in here to declare the game had flaws but at least it has << insert features Sims 4 sacrifized >> which is actually very on topic for people who loved those features and thought they would be improved, not deleted. It may be off topic for you, it isn't for everyone.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

IMO, that is an opinion.
    Feedback is always an opinion.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited June 2015
    itsug wrote: »
    Sims 3 is awesome but Island Paradise was such a disappointment for me :'( I literally shed tears. I'm one of the people who had the constant freezing problem. I was never able to play Isle Paradiso :'( I had to make due with the tropical store world & it just wasn't the same. Such ugh because it was by far the expansion I was most excited for :'( the fact that they never fixed that just...just ugh lol!

I have a new computer now so I've honestly been thinking about reinstalling TS3 just to see if I can play that expansion!

Also, it's not really fair to compare a TS3 expansion pack to TS4 :/ if TS4 gets a tropical expansion similar, then I can see someone comparing but not at this point.

That was easily solved by removing all npcs from living in house boats, cheat up some money and buy them all yourself.
    But yes, I do agree with you since there were like twenty other bugs.
    The big mansion you couldnt live in or visit, the constant problem of everyone spawning at the nearest beach all of a sudden, too many mermaids, too few mermaids, lag, lag lag, detours, mermaids taking long routes just to swim to their locations...
    I can go on forever.

Not to mention the Sims 3 bugs on top of that, like not being able to load a save game because you had your sims 3 save folder open in explorer.

Um, no. I tried that & EVERYTHING else that was suggested (literally spent days of my life trying things) and nothing worked for me :'( . The sadness! B)
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • Options
    For me, once I did everyone's suggestions and got rid of some houseboats and certain NPC houses, and got nraas mods, etc, Island Paradise worked much, much better. But it worked even better when I downloaded a fixed version of the world. (For example, the modder had moved a tree and rock that were somewhat in the way near one of the ports, fixed the hill near the port so my sims wouldn't get stuck into the geometry whenever they climbed that hill, fixed a house or two, etc.)

The biggest problem for me was the mermaids swimming all around the islands instead of going straight to their destinations next door, and the hangouts were sparse. (But this could be how big and sprawling this world was, and the routing AI.) I'm getting some mods for the sparse hangouts problem. One of the mods was good at pushing sims towards where you sim was, so that helped, too.

Anyway, why are we comparing an expansion pack to a base-game? That's different, isn't it? By the time Island Paradise came, there were already several packs and stuff packs. Plus, the mods were also available by then.

Maybe when Sims 4 has a beach-like pack or EP, then we can compare? :)
    (She/her)