Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened?

natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
edited June 2015 in The Sims (2000)
What happened to the care that used to be put into the world and graphics? Just look at the detail put into the discontinued Sims Castaway and how much detail was out into it.

free-sims-2-castaway-stories-hd-desktop-wallpaper.jpg

black_piratecastaway00.jpg

And then look at Sims 4 the brand new 2015 game.

LS4%252520Trailer%252520Historias%252520%25252884%252529.png

SxAd4NU.png

Why can't they focus on the fine details that were out into past games? Even the unsuccessful ones had more detail put into them.

Comments

• Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    I never played Castaway. Can you still buy it? It looks one heck of a lot better than Sims 4 with those pink trees.
  • Options
    TheBlaireWitchTheBlaireWitch Posts: 762 Member
    Castaway is like the pinnacle sim game. On all platforms.
  • Options
    alexis3142alexis3142 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Castaway was amazing, but I think what happened was the game was too rushed, plus simmers want many more things that the base game was lacking so they work on that instead of graphics? Or maybe the sims 4 is suppose to be more of a "comic looking" game than realistic like the sims 3
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    My Origin ID is Sinnamonalisa
    Check me out on Tumblr where I post MySims 4 Legacy Challenge Updates!
    3cyI.gif
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I don't want them to be too realistic, but I miss those breathtaking graphics :( I don't like this new saturated lack luster look they've given the scenery. The water looks like goo now, and the trees look so fake, like cardboard stands.
  • Options
    LaAbby wrote: »
    I don't want them to be too realistic, but I miss those breathtaking graphics :( I don't like this new saturated lack luster look they've given the scenery. The water looks like goo now, and the trees look so fake, like cardboard stands.

I agree Abby. Everything in 4 is overexposed to too much to the eyes.
  • Options
    xBob18 wrote: »

Thats for a new copy, they haven't made them since they were discontinued years ago xD You could try used?
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    Sul5ul wrote: »
    Oh how I miss Sims 2.

Me too :(
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    I do not see a difference honestly...
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    and the first one was one of the offshoot games?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    and the first one was one of the offshoot games?
    It had better graphics than the main game!
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    I do not see a difference honestly...
    *hands you a pair of glasses* You see it now?
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    In fairness, you are showing closeup shots of one game and distance shots of TS 4. Apples and oranges.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    kirby356 wrote: »
    *hands you a pair of glasses* You see it now?

Nope.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    In fairness, you are showing closeup shots of one game and distance shots of TS 4. Apples and oranges.

That's a pretty sad argument.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    I don't think it makes much difference whether you take close-ups or distance shots, the difference in the graphics is readily apparent.

What I believed happened was that game corporations decided that the PC market was dying and everyone was buying tablets and phones. When they say they created this game for low end computers, I'm guessing they really mean tablets.

It appears to me that TS4 was created to be easily turned into games for multiple platforms. I'm expecting them to announce some kind of tablet/console/mobile version at the games conference in August. :/
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    It's like a grownup's game and then a kid's game...(imo)

Here's the kids game:

TS4%202015-03-07%2017-30-44-14_zps8mnbhg9r.jpg
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member

I have to agree here, up close TS4 is over all a pretty world. I do understand some folks will take issue with the design style, and it's uber annoying that players cannot design their own neighbourhood theme rather than have to have all these gaudy Victorian/New Orleans style houses. However, ignoring stylistic choices, the close up hood is rather lovely.
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member

Not only that, but the graphics for TS4 must be on super low because my game looks nothing like that. Especially the second pic. :|
  • Options
    have2admit wrote: »

Not only that, but the graphics for TS4 must be on super low because my game looks nothing like that. Especially the second pic. :|

The first pic was a EA screnshot, the second one was from my game on medium settings
  • Options
    TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    me @ those zoomed out TS4 screenshots:

tumblr_n1gnrcQl9z1qg5o2oo9_250.gif
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Teresita wrote: »
    me @ those zoomed out TS4 screenshots:

tumblr_n1gnrcQl9z1qg5o2oo9_250.gif
    Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! :trollface:
  • Options
    Luke2153Luke2153 Posts: 538 Member
    They are right once you look up close TS4 is gorgeous.
    large.jpg
  • Options
    TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    Maybe they're trying to signify a new meaning to the beautiful on the inside thing. The game is still ugly if you look at it as a whole.