Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did anyone else do this?

wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
edited June 2015 in The Sims 4 Lots
Back when the Sims(1) first came out, I build the house I was living in. I don't remember how well it turned out, just that I didn't use it.. mostly because why would I want to live in the house I already lived in? I wanted... ~*~*~*ThE MaNSiOn*~*~*~! (Remember when people typed like that? Yup.) Anyway... fast forward to now.. I kinda miss that house, and as my parents moved out of it a few years back, I don't even get to visit it.

Or do I?

DUN DUN DUUUUUN...

tl;dr: In a fit of childhood nostalgia, I built my childhood home in Newcrest.

And onto the pictures...

The real house - taken just after my mother went through an "omg the flower bed is eatting the house" gardening kick... it was seriously overgrown...
6cDw4FM.jpg

And my Sims 4 version... I think it turned out pretty well. Some of the proportions are off, and I ended up making the house bigger than I thought, but that's mostly so I could even decorate the interior the way it was when I was a kid! :D I could (and might) move it to a larger lot so I can make the yard bigger, but I dunno, I kinda like it.
g0o9uQu.png

Also in my fit of nostalgia... Christmas. Just because. So this's the living room~
4sMAPiV.png
4PX4vIS.png

And our kitchen with the EVIL faux brick that was the worst thing EVER to dust... (plus it was kinda oogly.. irl anyway) The tile is even oddly almost exactly the same as the linoleum we had. (Seen Here in a picture of my old dog Freyja..RIP :'( )
MBOT1H0.png
nwV98iL.png

This was my brother's room... I was nice and gave him a bigger bed, since when he last lived there he only had a single until he moved out with his now wife...
BASZwfM.png

I even kept our small bathroom this hideous mauve color my mom painted it (it used to be light blue)
Fk31zab.png

An aerial of my parent's bedroom and closets... Complete with the random stuff they kept in their closets as extra storage.
H6OkHeH.png

And best for last... MY BEDROOM. Complete with my year round Christmas lights, the TV on my dresser and the bat I kept in my closet in the event of an intruder! (I lived in a sketchy neighborhood on Long Island :p )
FlLAQH0.png
m6Ys7T5.png

Oh.. and I just noticed I forgot to show the basement.. SO FOR REAL LAST... Our unfinished basement (thus I left the walls unfinished) where we stored our junk, and my Dad had his tools and tool bench. I even put in my easels from my art classes... (art may be subjective, but I was bad, mkay? To quote Matthew McConaughey.. "I just liked it")
7BuDMJG.png
0TKDGON.png

There's more skill stuff down there, but to keep it true to my childhood reality... it's all kinda strewn about because it just didn't fit upstairs anywhere and got shoved in the basement.

So that's it! This post was much longer than I anticipated.. and if you're on a crappy computer that my imagine intensive post just killed... er.. sorry, and may your computer rest in peace.

Oh, and I uploaded it to the gallery, there's no CC, you just need to turn on the bb.moveobjects cheat.

ZE LINK (30x20 with small yard..)

edit: And because now I put that thought in my own head... I moved it to a larger lot for a more "real" yard. I was even able to put in the 2 birch trees my parents planted for my brother and I. LINK HERE (40x30)
Origin ID: WyntirLily
Post edited by wyn on

Comments

• Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I've done the same thing with many of the houses I have lived in. It is REALLY fun!

Here is the last house I lived in with my family before I moved out:
    04-24-15_9-22nbspPM_zpsuobkwklb.png

And here is my Aunt's house that I lived in for a while:
    05-04-15_6-52nbspPM_zpsgyu24ylv.png

I also have several apartments and a few more homes I have lived in, and my Grandmother's house, too. I've tried making my current house, but I can't quite get the dimensions right.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    justletmedownldjustletmedownld Posts: 63 Member
    Wow, that looks really nice. Good job.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

It looks Wonderful! Nice job. :mrgreen:

I've done it a few times in TS2 and TS3. It's fun.
  • Options
    Thanks :) I don't think I ever bothered beyond the original sims, but I do enjoy it. I may try to build out my last rental, which was fairly nice. I'd do the one I'm in now, but I'd need terrain tools since it's on a hill so the garage is like a third of the basement and the "upstairs" has a deck off the back, but is level in front. Anyway, I'm kinda loving it. :)

I also updated the original post and moved it to a larger lot so I could have a bigger yard ~ Linky linky
  • Options
    @Piperbird1 those are cute! :D
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I've never tried but I like what you did. It looks very nice. The flower bed out front is beautiful. :)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    I love it!!! I've never tried making my house before. I don't think it would be easy LOL!
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    Luke2153Luke2153 Posts: 538 Member
    Hmm that sounds fun to make your own house. I should try that out sometime.
    large.jpg
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    I tried to make the house I was living in before, but ended up bulldozing it because it didn't match up properly.
    I ran out of grid space. :s
    Then I tried it again, where I live now.
    After spending hours & hours on it, over several days? Bulldozed it.
    Once again I ran out of space.
    The shape of house where I live, and the grids the game uses, don't match up.
    And if it doesn't match up right, it drives me nuts & I won't keep it.
    Maybe I need to stop trying to make it the same....

But I always love to see what others make.
    Gives me ideas I sometimes never think of. :)

• Options
    I love it!!! I've never tried making my house before. I don't think it would be easy LOL!

Lol it wasn't! I was kinda surprised how easy finding matching wall colors was though. I spend SO much time in my builds trying to find walls and floors that go well together, and that took the least time since I had something to go from, even if I didn't think it went well IRL. (GOD that kitchen floor was horrible LOL)

Luke2153 wrote: »
    Hmm that sounds fun to make your own house. I should try that out sometime.

You totally should! Piece of advice: start on a bigger lot. Our house felt a lot smaller than this one looks, lol.
  • Options
    staravia81staravia81 Posts: 369 Member
    I have built my current home in both TS3 and 4. But until now, I never built the house I grew up in. This thread inspired me to build my childhood home and upload to the gallery:

sZ4SEz4.jpg
    TTR6egF.jpg
    P1fFgLr.jpg
    zHDI1Jm.jpg
    My builds!
    EA ID: staravia81
  • Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    I just recently built my current apartment:

Meet sim me:
    bg5hdk.jpg

And here's where I've lived for the last four years, as shown by sims 4

24npgdt.jpg

2q9jrl1.jpg

11vids0.jpg

ab2t53.jpg

2ly62jm.jpg

p84zm.jpg

1pbdqw.jpg

wqrdi8.jpg

2e3cz6o.jpg

11rg4gg.jpg

2ajaqzt.jpg
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Ah yes, ~*~*~*ThE MaNSiOn*~*~*~ building
    Who wasn't like that? xD

Nice rendition, I love how you kept your basement disorderly to match your memories. It makes it very lived in and cozy. xD You had a really cute dog, btw :(
    I'd try my hand at making my own, but I should wait out for a few more items to be released if I wanna make it any close to mine :s
  • Options
    Oh and hey I live on Long island! Small World :smiley: Where from? @wyn
  • Options
    Cement wrote: »
    Who wasn't like that? xD

Nice rendition, I love how you kept your basement disorderly to match your memories. It makes it very lived in and cozy. xD You had a really cute dog, btw :(
    I'd try my hand at making my own, but I should wait out for a few more items to be released if I wanna make it any close to mine :s

Only thing the basement's missing was the laundry room, but I can't do much about that unless I wanna use CC. Oh well! :)

Well I live in Tennessee now, but I lived in Mastic. :)
  • Options
    wyn wrote: »
    Cement wrote: »
    Who wasn't like that? xD

Only thing the basement's missing was the laundry room, but I can't do much about that unless I wanna use CC. Oh well! :)

Well I live in Tennessee now, but I lived in Mastic. :)

Ahhhh eastern LI ay? I've been to Tennessee once for nine days with family (Pidgeon Forge, Memphis, and Nashville). I grew up in Coram but currently live in Holbrook