Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Graphics Quality

Which graphics quality option do you use? I just recently started using "Ulta" and it's pretty great! :)

Comments

• Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    I use ultra on my new laptop. Before I had a very cheap laptop and I could only play on medium. Definitely a difference.
  • Options
    mushplomplommushplomplom Posts: 760 Member
    This game needs shaders bad.
    I bought a GTX 1070 to play Sims 4.

• Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    As high as the pc can handle. Currently I'm just drooling over high/medium/ultra/very high as I have to play on low medium. I've seen better graphic settings and soon I'll be able to play higher. Lol I would go down to low but tht would still crash so. Tried ultra, looked great but too many annoying crashes. Enjoy ultra :)
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    ValkyrieFarrowValkyrieFarrow Posts: 111 Member
    Since my laptop is not that good, I use custom settings such as sim detail: very high / refections: low / edge smoothing: medium / visual effects: high.
    The Confrontation of an Imperfect Valkyrie
    Mariah_Carey_H_A_T_E_U_zpsljuktbmp.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    I'm playing on Ultra and really like it. High was pretty darned nice too, though. I've considered picking up a laptop so I can play in the living room, but I'm spoiled by the high/ultra graphics so I really can't do that without a bit of a windfall coming my way.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    everything set at max and the game runs buttery smooth
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    When I first started playing TS4, I had an older card that only allowed medium settings. I have since upgraded and the newer card allows Ultra settings. There is quite a difference. The top screen is medium settings and the bottom is ultra.

FLCuUBV.jpg

QNt8F1M.png
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    I've never even seen the game on anything but ultra. I'm afraid to turn my settings down and look, haha xD
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    mushplomplommushplomplom Posts: 760 Member
    When I first started playing TS4, I had an older card that only allowed medium settings. I have since upgraded and the newer card allows Ultra settings. There is quite a difference. The top screen is medium settings and the bottom is ultra.

FLCuUBV.jpg

QNt8F1M.png

Your medium settings look the same as my ultra settings.
    I bought a GTX 1070 to play Sims 4.

• Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    I'm lucky enough to be able to play on ultra, but on my old laptop I ran on medium, I can't tell the difference between the 2 xD
  • Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    I played on medium on my old computer, but when I upgraded I played on ultra, like others have said there really isn't a difference that I see very well.
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    CipherMandyCipherMandy Posts: 524 Member
    Ultra all the way, and it is gorgeous!
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Ultra, I love the look of the game. Its so colorful and pretty.
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I'm using ultra. I'm thinking about changing it, since I'm scared my laptop can't run it :confused:
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    bioshockbarbieebioshockbarbiee Posts: 56 Member
    My laptop is actually pretty cruddy, but i run ultra just fine. Weird, but I'm not complaining :p
  • Options
    Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member
    I've had all my Graphics settings as high as they can go since I started playing TS4.
    I'm playing on a slightly older PC with Windows 7 and the game looks & runs great for me. :)
  • Options
    Raynic781Raynic781 Posts: 205 Member
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    I play on ultra but it doesn't really make sense since basically all the setting look the same and won't be able to tell especially when on medium-ultra
  • Options
    Alexis402Alexis402 Posts: 238 Member
    I use to play ultra but like others have said i can't find a big difference between ultra and med/high.
  • Options
    boyinflorida21boyinflorida21 Posts: 477 Member
    edited June 2015
    I play on ultra. I have 2 NVidia 980 graphic cards so it just puts it on that setting when you first install the game.
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    I used to play on a laptop with an nvidia gt 745m on medium with a couple highs thrown in and edge smoothing off. But since I got my new computer I play on ultra. :)
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited June 2015
    Ultra with Uncompressed Sim Textures and edge smoothing. :)

It's really pretty and I feel refreshed just by looking at the scenery. <3
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    Default settings put mine at Ultra, but I also applied check-marks for "uncompressed Sim textures", (helps make hairs look a bit better too)
    Vertical sync, (to keep frame rates smoother, & avoid screen tearing - sometimes caused from too-high frame rates).
    and unchecked "post processing effects" (to lose the distance blur).

~ Graphics cards can also be set for vertical sync, if preferred. ~
    (I did it on both, not sure if that matters.) :|
    2wr280j.jpg
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,741 Member
    I think mine are the saddest settings on here. :joy:

Everything is on medium even for edge smoothing, view distance is high, post processing fx is on and laptop mode is on.
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    MyDarkSimsMyDarkSims Posts: 534 Member
    I use medium settings for my laptop I use, if I did ultra it would lag so bad. Medium settings are not bad at all imo
    tumblr_newjmcFwHD1r2nmjyo1_500.gif