Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Luxury Party Overpriced?

I'm not putting down the content that comes with the pack. I personally think it all looks great, but I can't get past the small amount of stuff that came with the pack. It's so minimal that I don't think it's even worth ten dollars! I would gladly pay five dollars but certainly not double that! not worth it to me.

What are some of the opinions form you guys who own it? Do you think ten dollars is really worth it?
siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
FIND ME ON THE GALLERY: holdenwade97

Comments

• Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    Whovian97 wrote: »
    I'm not putting down the content that comes with the pack. I personally think it all looks great, but I can't get past the small amount of stuff that came with the pack. It's so minimal that I don't think it's even worth ten dollars! I would gladly pay five dollars but certainly not double that! not worth it to me.

What are some of the opinions form you guys who own it? Do you think ten dollars is really worth it?

I agree with you.
  • Options
    Whovian97Whovian97 Posts: 392 Member

I agree with you.

Yes someone who sees it too! Glad to know I'm not the only one!
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2015
    I paid euros ;)

Hum...honestly it's not bad. I really like the new hairstyles and the new furniture is always welcome and I think it's quite usefull for both parties and bars etc, but in terms of clothing....for males it was kind of a disapointment, I felt like we got pimp outfits for males :neutral: as for females I think they are quite nice though :).

The gameplay objects are good, I do love the new fountain in which you can put cheese, carmel, chocolate and three types of drinks, and the banquet table is great to have around for parties and weddings.

I think it was half worth it maybe, so I guess you are right in the 5 dollar thing :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    Meh. It's alright.

I feel like I'll get use of it (I like the tacky outfits/buffet table/fountain) and compared to previous stuff pack pricing and store content I think it's reasonable. I guess it depends on you though. If you wanna shell out the cash for it or buy a big juicy hamburger with fries and a soda ;)

Since it's fairly low to start with the sale price will likely be 50% at some point. You could try waiting it out. :smiley:
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I don't know if it's overpriced if you would use it all. There isn't much I would use so only wanting two or three objects would make it over priced for me.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    Since it's fairly low to start with the sale price will likely be 50% at some point. You could try waiting it out. :smiley:

That's pretty much what I plan to do.
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
  • Options
    I don't know if it's overpriced if you would use it all. There isn't much I would use so only wanting two or three objects would make it over priced for me.

Yes and that's my problem with TS4. I look at the content and find maybe 5 items at most that I'd use, so I know where you're coming from there.
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
  • Options

Yes and that's my problem with TS4. I look at the content and find maybe 5 items at most that I'd use, so I know where you're coming from there.

That's like Outdoor Retreat. I'd like the tents and the sleeping bag/air mattress beds but I'm not paying 20.00 for two items.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options

That's like Outdoor Retreat. I'd like the tents and the sleeping bag/air mattress beds but I'm not paying 20.00 for two items.

I beat you there. I only like that one long hairstyle for the women. That's it.
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    Considering the amount of content, perhaps it is a little over priced, but then, when you compare the price to TS3 SPs and Store stuff, not really.

Since 10 euros really isn't that much, I feel kind of tempted to buy it. But I still haven't thought of any use for it, so I'm kind of hoping Origin will start it's summer sale soon and I'll get at least a couple of euros off it :)
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    LaurenHullLaurenHull Posts: 55 Member
    Eh, I don't think its badly priced, at £7.99 its fairly cheap. I couldn't find it else where cheaper. The content isn't too bad either.
    vsJ0Hg0.gif
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    edited June 2015
    LaurenHull wrote: »
    Eh, I don't think its badly priced, at £7.99 its fairly cheap. I couldn't find it else where cheaper. The content isn't too bad either.

Its cheap for you.. 10 euros for me is too much for 12 build mode items and some clothing..! thank god we have a lot of cc creators

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    I would pay $0.00.
    Yes it's overpriced and a waste of money.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    [/quote]thank god we have a lot of cc creators[/quote]

This is what I say when I look at TS3
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited June 2015
    That's money that I would probably spend on beer. I don't really mind spending money on video games. It's a hobby that I know isn't cheap. If you're patient enough you can always wait for a sale. You have every right to state your opinion. :)

I like the pack and use all of it.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    That's money that I would probably spend on beer. I don't really mind spending money on video games. It's a hobby that I know isn't cheap. If you're patient enough you can always wait for a sale. You have every right to state your opinion. :)

I'm glad you like it! At least someone does. I'm actually excited for The Perfect Patio Stuff Pack! Now that's a stuff pack I would use ALL the time!
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member

I'm glad you like it! At least someone does. I'm actually excited for The Perfect Patio Stuff Pack! Now that's a stuff pack I would use ALL the time!
    Me too ^^ Outdoor Living was my favorite Stuff Pack in TS3.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    Almost everything EA sells is overpriced, but this isn't that bad for them. It's still overpriced but it could have been much worse. I personally wouldn't spend more than $5 for it. The sale price should be the normal price, fortunately however, their sale's are that rare.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I think that price is great because I find myself constantly using its items already. I am very happy with my purchase. Amid all the disappointment people have gotten from Sims 4 since release I have found myself a very content simmer. I have already clocked in so many hours into this game and am more than happy to hand them money for future content! :)
  • Options
    CollectTheShellsCollectTheShells Posts: 62 Member
    I typically always feel like I'm missing out when I don't get the game or stuff packs. I prefer getting major content and game updates in an expansion. And when anything adds a collectible I definitely feel like I'm missing out.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I consider myself to be pretty critical of the game. A ten dollar stuff pack with some small game play added is reasonably priced. I mean complain about no toddlers or the incest bug or the world being too small or no CAW...

I am not trying to be rude but ten bucks really isn't a lot of money. I was surprised they gave us as much as they did for ten dollars. In the past, stuff packs went for $20 and we never got new game play...only stuff.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I typically always feel like I'm missing out when I don't get the game or stuff packs. I prefer getting major content and game updates in an expansion. And when anything adds a collectible I definitely feel like I'm missing out.

I feel the same. EA doesn't get it that not everybody can afford to shell out money whenever they release a new EP, SP, or GP. I guess that's why I look at the games so critically in the way I do, because I'm not always fortunate to just go in and buy one the very day it comes out. I guess when you're in a situation like me, you want to make sure whatever you buy is going to be worth the money put into it. BUT...It's not a fair world blah blah blah and we can't all have our way blah blah blah. It is what it is I guess.
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
  • Options
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I consider myself to be pretty critical of the game. A ten dollar stuff pack with some small game play added is reasonably priced. I mean complain about no toddlers or the incest bug or the world being too small or no CAW...

I am not trying to be rude but ten bucks really isn't a lot of money. I was surprised they gave us as much as they did for ten dollars. In the past, stuff packs went for $20 and we never got new game play...only stuff.

Insect Bug? I really hope you had a typo there... :#

Besides that, I understand you. Ten bucks isn't much, but when you don't have it, then it is.
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
  • Options
    keekee53 wrote: »

I see it this way if I have a use for the majority of items in a SP no it isn't a lot of money. If I only like one or two items it is too expensive. I learned this lesson from TS3....had to have it, had to have it. So I had a game bloated with content I never used and that, to me, was a waste of money.

• Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    I don't understand how 50+ items is expensive for 9.99. Some Sims 3 store sets had less than 20 objects/items and cost 17 dollars.

I think it's because of the content. this stuff pack was very clothing heavy. This next one looks more object heavy.