Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If TS4 had an online mode would you play it?

BellaGothIsQueenBellaGothIsQueen Posts: 531 Member
So we all know that TS4 was originally planned and optimised to be an online game, but that was scrapped and instead the devs went with the single player offline gameplay option. But what if all this time they were continuing to develop the online aspect so they could later implement it back into the game through a patch? The game's already optimised for online play, so it wouldnt really be that hard. I'm sure there's been a million and one threads on this already, but what do you guys think? Would you ever want to test out the online gameplay mode? I think it would be really fun to see how we could shape our sims world's when we all work together (or against each other) and play side-by-side, because I do get really lonely when I'm playing sims and it would be nice to have the option to join an online world where I can talk to and interact with actual people! I never actually got to experience The Sims Online which really upsets me, because from what I've read and seen on youtube it looks like it was really fun. Of course the online mode would be separate from the rest of the game, it wouldn't be forced upon anyone like it was with SimCity, its totally up to you if you want to use it. Idk what do you think, would you like to be able to play side-by-side with your origin friends and other simmers from across the world? Or do you prefer to play by yourself. :)

Comments

• Options
    0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    Nope, nope. Nooooope.

Single-player only for me, I'm afraid.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    hahaseriouslyhahaseriously Posts: 86 Member
    No. That would just kill most mods/customization made for the game atm.

dis yo
  • Options
    wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    When I play Sims I want to play by myself. I do love sharing stuff, pictures, stories, but playing it by myself. If I wanted to play with others i'd play an MMO.
    If it's not forced upon us then I wouldn't care that it was there though.
  • Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    I can see where it might be interesting, but I feel that would be taking things in a way other direction and would not feel like The Sims any longer. But maybe thats because when I read that description it reminds me of something like Second Life - which is so not The Sims, to me.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    I did enjoy the online part of Showtime where I could chat to other simmers playing the game and sharing screenshots etc keep the game alive. I keep be fun I guess if there was a "social park" for online players to meet in game.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I can see where it might be interesting, but I feel that would be taking things in a way other direction and would not feel like The Sims any longer. But maybe thats because when I read that description it reminds me of something like Second Life - which is so not The Sims, to me.

I've played second life and I was really disappointed with it. What I'm suggesting is that everything would be exactly the same as it is now, but it would just be online. So there would still be townies and NPC sims and gameplay would still be the same, but there would also be other players living alongside you.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2015
    Not in the game's current state, I feel like if the game were to acquire an online feature, a lot of gameplay would have to change, radically.

and only if those changes are made I would play.
    So technically the Sims 4 would have game play more like Minecraft, the ability to go into first person. and play through the eyes of your sims. the WSAD and arrow keys become the movement keys, Space bar is jump, and Hot bars are added to the UI.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    Of course a would play it...... this game has so much online potential, and it could be an optional feature, you can play all by yourself, or connect and play with others players, and it could be a co-op type of option, and maybe using a LAN connection. If it is a optional feature i don't understand why people keep saying no to that, because it could be an option to play that way or not, like in the sims galery, you can disconnect the galery and when you want to upload things or take things to your game you connect.
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
  • Options
    knazzer wrote: »
    I did enjoy the online part of Showtime where I could chat to other simmers playing the game and sharing screenshots etc keep the game alive. I keep be fun I guess if there was a "social park" for online players to meet in game.

You mean sort of like a lobby where players can log into and chat with other players? That'd be cool, I'd like that. Then maybe there could be like a ClubPenguin aspect where you can invite your friends over to your sims' online house or something.
  • Options
    0Chloe wrote: »
    Nope, nope. Nooooope.

Single-player only for me, I'm afraid.

dis yo
    wickedjr89 wrote: »
    When I play Sims I want to play by myself. I do love sharing stuff, pictures, stories, but playing it by myself. If I wanted to play with others i'd play an MMO.
    If it's not forced upon us then I wouldn't care that it was there though.
    No, my computer hates it when the game has online enabled. I also am not at all interested in any sort of online dating game. It seems to me that Sims 4 was trying to be another Second Life. That game is nothing but random online hookups, it seems.

Fair do's, I get that it's not for everybody!
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Not in the game's current state, I feel like if the game were to acquire an online feature, a lot of gameplay would have to change, radically.

and only if those changes are made I would play.
    So technically the Sims 4 would have game play more like Minecraft, the ability to go into first person. and play through the eyes of your sims. the WSAD and arrow keys become the movement keys, Space bar is jump, and Hot bars are added to the UI.

No no no it wouldn't be like that at all, it would all still be point-and-click based like it is right now. I think it would confuse people if they changed the controls to be like Minecraft.
  • Options
    SlyStarDustSlyStarDust Posts: 341 Member
    I do not think I would have played it. The place would be trolled out the wazoo with all kinds of crazy looking sims walking around picking fights and doing whatever people could do to harass you. I can't even imagine how it would work. Plus, I love CC and mods. I think the online aspect would take that part away.

If the world was filled with like minded people, maybe. But there are too many trolls out there. Or maybe WoW killed my online spirit with the jerks on there.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Most likely not, I don't do online games really. I like to watch my boyfriend play them though but thats were my interest stops.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    For me it would all depend. If we could use an online option (like a particular save) and we could populate a town with friends of our choosing, then I'd be interested. It would be fun to run into @HarmonySims280 's cop at a doughnut shop or visit one of my kids' families or meet up with your ( @Llama Del Rey ) sim and have a nice chess game in the park.

What wouldn't interest me is if we were forced to play with any of those who would troll their way into our games just to make us miserable. If I want to be miserable I'd stop playing the game and do housework!

There is potential for something really fun, but also for disaster. I try to keep an open mind.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I play mostly online - I stream on my PS4 4 to 5 days a week.

I wouldn't touch an online version of TS with a 50 foot pole.

But that's just me

--T
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    EA isn't really known for giving us options. We could not turn off pets, zombies, supernaturals, aliens, etc in Sims 3. Yes, I know you could disable them but without using mods? My game still managed to spawn strays all over the place.

Then in Sims 4, we can't stop the game from generating townies and we can't turn off aliens.

Normally, I would say that I'm cool with anything as long as there is the option to not have it in my game. However, given the track record of not giving us options? Then I will have to be selfish and say I don't want it. Really don't like doing that since I do try to be fair.

Sorry, just felt like expanding on my response. Yes, my sense of fair play was making me feel guilty for not considering those who want an online feature and made me come here and explain myself. Dang that sense anyways! LOL

I understand your concern, but I think after the disaster that was SimCity's online features, EA has hopefully learned their lesson and if any online aspect were to be brought over to TS4 then I hope its optional. I'm fairly open-minded when it comes to new content being added, I don't really care if its optional or not or whether things can be disabled/turned off, but for your guys' sake if they do add an online feature then I hope its optional! :)
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    No way in he­ll, considering the amount of resources that'd have to be devoted to online, it'd bury the game... Future EPs would have even less content in them than they do now.
    raw
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    No, just no!

I play The Sims by myself, Sorry
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MunchyMunchy Posts: 513 Member
    I have played all of The Sims franchise except for The Sims Online and I am gutted about that. If it wasn't TS4 but a completely separate game, I would totes play it!
  • Options
    I do not think I would have played it. The place would be trolled out the wazoo with all kinds of crazy looking sims walking around picking fights and doing whatever people could do to harass you. I can't even imagine how it would work. Plus, I love CC and mods. I think the online aspect would take that part away.

If the world was filled with like minded people, maybe. But there are too many trolls out there. Or maybe WoW killed my online spirit with the jerks on there.
    For me it would all depend. If we could use an online option (like a particular save) and we could populate a town with friends of our choosing, then I'd be interested. It would be fun to run into @HarmonySims280 's cop at a doughnut shop or visit one of my kids' families or meet up with your ( @Llama Del Rey ) sim and have a nice chess game in the park.

What wouldn't interest me is if we were forced to play with any of those who would troll their way into our games just to make us miserable. If I want to be miserable I'd stop playing the game and do housework!

There is potential for something really fun, but also for disaster. I try to keep an open mind.

Totally agree with you both about the probable troll threats that would occur, my only solution to that would be active Moderators patrolling the servers, or what poeticnebula said about the online mode being friends and invites only, so the only trolls would be the ones you allow into your game yourself.
  • Options
    Sanriel85Sanriel85 Posts: 362 Member
    No, just no.

200_s.gif
  • Options
    ValkyrieFarrowValkyrieFarrow Posts: 111 Member
    Since I prefer a more private game, no I wouldn't... Mean people would ruin my game. :)
    The Confrontation of an Imperfect Valkyrie
    Mariah_Carey_H_A_T_E_U_zpsljuktbmp.gif
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Lol, I already don't play the game. Having an online mode definitely wouldn't make me want to play it.
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    No!
    The Sims has always and should always remain a single player experience.