Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Publicly Disgraced...

My Celebrity sims are always being publicly disgraced from false accusations like digging in the garbage or fighting somebody.It's really annoying because what comes with it is heckling,Hate,and being made fun of everytime we step foot out the door and it just straight bugs.Tbh i am not even a celebrity from doing anything.As a matter of fact the only reason i'm famous is because i live in the house with 2 other celebrity folk who are 5 star celebs and in the singing career and i just happen to be really close with another dude.I'm just a local DJ at a club!It seems every week there is some 🐸🐸🐸🐸 rumor going around about us doing something when the ironic thing is we all keep to ourselves.Now i personally wouldn't care if my friends didn't buy into this crap and like 7 people defriend me + Tarnish my reputation around town.Is everybody in town seriously that dim??They'll literally believe anything with no evidence needed..Is there any way to stop the slander??

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Talking about getting slammed by lies, I had this one sim, who's husband died. It was so bad that she was getting slammed two and three times every days. She ended up becoming a recluse.

If your not opposed to mods, there is a way to get rid of the paparazzi, and that really helps in cutting way down the publicly disgraced problems from being falsie accused. I always keep the paparazzi completely out, and my celebrities rarely ever get slammed. It still happens but it is a very rare occurrence.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Register
    It doesn't automatically do it, you have to do the settings, but it is easy. It also has animal control as well, incase your interested.

They also have other things over there that help with celebrity problems as well, but I can't recall which one does which.

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Even though it's annoying it's sadly realistic, people do tend to believe the worst of everything and mistreat others because of it.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    NRaas Story Progression has a setting to turn off false accusations entirely. I always set it to do that.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    NRaas Story Progression has a setting to turn off false accusations entirely. I always set it to do that.

I'll have to check that out, thank you. Do you know where this is located at?
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited June 2015
    Even though it's annoying it's sadly realistic, people do tend to believe the worst of everything and mistreat others because of it.

This simmer above is correct and really why turn it off? it is very true to life,besides just pay off the paparazzi and it takes a while to get another scandal.Click on the business towers or business facility depending on the rabbit hole for the payoff option.And to sue for slander in court click on city hall and if you win the case you get a decent payoff,minus lawyer fees but you can also lose the case (again true to life)

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options

This simmer above is correct and really why turn it off? it is very true to life,besides just pay off the paparazzi and it takes a while to get another scandal.Click on the business towers or business facility depending on the rabbit hole for the payoff option.And to sue for slander in court click on city hall and if you win the case you get a decent payoff,minus lawyer fees but you can also lose the case (again true to life)

It would be a whole lot better, when they win their cases, that it would also improve the relationships lost because of the lie.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    True LaBlue that is the part I hate,losing relations is realistic but it should go up if you win will agree on that 100 percent,kudos for noticing the relation drop some do not notice and do not notice you can LOSE celeb points from scandals.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

Story Progression > General > Options:Friendship > Options: Celebrity > Allow False Accusations > [toggle to false]

• Options
    Thank you.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,926 Member

Story Progression > General > Options:Friendship > Options: Celebrity > Allow False Accusations > [toggle to false]

Thank you. I just fixed it. I had initially looked at this and decided to leave it as true - then decided I'd never again find where I could change the option. So now since you have given this menu path I took the opportunity to make it false.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've had false accusations set to false in story progression for a long time and I always change it if it's set to true.I also disallowed some types of disgrace in story progression like having a child out of wedlock because it could cause an issue if the sim gave birth after her husband had died.I still have a few things allowed for celebrity disgrace though it's just a few things that make sense to allow.I've got paparazzi disabled in Register and can opt households out of the celebrity system in story progression in caste options.It's better to have the lager numbers of NRaas Mods I use because it make it so easy to disable celebrities and the whole system if I wanted to in a smaller town.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    Talking about getting slammed by lies, I had this one sim, who's husband died. It was so bad that she was getting slammed two and three times every days. She ended up becoming a recluse.

If your not opposed to mods, there is a way to get rid of the paparazzi, and that really helps in cutting way down the publicly disgraced problems from being falsie accused. I always keep the paparazzi completely out, and my celebrities rarely ever get slammed. It still happens but it is a very rare occurrence.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Register
    It doesn't automatically do it, you have to do the settings, but it is easy. It also has animal control as well, incase your interested.

They also have other things over there that help with celebrity problems as well, but I can't recall which one does which.

@LaBlue0314
    how do you do that?

keep the paparazzi out

I can't seem to find where to do it
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    City Hall or Computer > NRaas > Register > Global Roles > Allow Paparazzi > False (The default is true). Also in this area is the number of Paparazzi allow, the default is set at 3, I always change that number to 0.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Register+Interactions
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member

I had the problem playing a Sim in Bridgeport ... Lots of gossip and false accusations.
    But then I started dragging them to the courthouse in City Hall and suing the tar out of them.

If you win, you get paid ... If you lose, you pay the court costs.
    Which really doesn't matter because you can sue them as many times as it takes until you win and it will always cover any court costs you have been charged by then.

Let them talk about you ... Take their money and let the gossip make you richer along the way.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    City Hall or Computer > NRaas > Register > Global Roles > Allow Paparazzi > False (The default is true). Also in this area is the number of Paparazzi allow, the default is set at 3, I always change that number to 0.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Register+Interactions

THank you so much @LaBlue0314

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2015
    I usually play with the celebrity system disabled. Just recently I enabled it again to check if it still bugs me the way it used to (disabled it as soon as it became possible) and yes, it does. What parts in the system do you like? ('you' plural, not just the OP)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I usually play with the celebrity system disabled. Just recently I enabled it again to check if it still bugs me the way it used to (disabled it as soon as it became possible) and yes, it does. What parts in the system do you like? ('you' plural, not just the OP)

It is another built in EA "Cash Cow" if you sue them for slander.
    You can make more money suing the people talking trash than you can working your job.

And ... Who cares what your fair-weather friends may think?
    Your best friends don't care ... And the friends my Sims have that don't know me better or want to think the worst can "hit the road" for all I care.

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    The times I sued them my sim lost the case :( But I'll try that next time it happens to my homeless sim (I thought the celebrity system could add something to the gameplay for him, he's the reason I enabled it again). Might be interesting. Maybe we just end up broke again :D (or filthy rich if he wins, which is our goal in life, his life that is)
    I didn't know best friends didn't care by the way, that's good.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Getting discounts at stores and restaurants, and the free things manufacturers send you for being a celebrity. I usually play with celebrity turned off too, but now and then I like to have it turned on for a change. Of course, there are quite a few settings in NRaas mods having to do with the celebrity system, and even when I have it on, I always have it modified from the way EA designed it to work. I even cheat around some parts of it, when it doesn't make sense the way it's set up.

My current sim in Hidden Springs just married Liam O'Dourke. His closest friend is Sebastian Vanderburg. Only a total snob, which Sebastian is not, would go to a close friend's wedding and refuse to speak with the friend's new wife unless she impresses him, especially when she's also a friend of his own wife, and best friends with his sister, who is her coworker. I bypassed this nonsense by making them friends with Master Controller before she spoke to him. I also sometimes use Retuner to set it so sims won't follow my sims home from community lots, or constantly interrupt them in public asking for autographs. It's not nearly so annoying when you make some changes in the way the celebrity system works.

And, like TadOlson, I also sometimes disable accusations for certain things, like detonating things in public when I was playing an inventor. Of course, the time he did get disgraced, before I disabled that, another sim came and stood right behind the trash pile after he had placed the explosive, and got badly singed from it. But that wasn't my sim's fault.
    Post edited by IreneSwift on
  • Options
    The times I sued them my sim lost the case :( But I'll try that next time it happens to my homeless sim (I thought the celebrity system could add something to the gameplay for him, he's the reason I enabled it again). Might be interesting. Maybe we just end up broke again :D (or filthy rich if he wins, which is our goal in life, his life that is)
    I didn't know best friends didn't care by the way, that's good.

You aren't going to lose a best friend over slander ... And you can sue them until you win the case.
    My Sims never have a goal to be filthy rich ... They just always end up that way no matter what they do.

You have to want your Sim to be disadvantaged in an active household for them to actually stay that way.
    I have done a lot of challenges, but most of the time they are not appealing because there is nothing to becoming successful in the game.
    All you have to do is want to be successful and there are plenty of ways to make millions available in the game without cheating.

I mean dang ... In my active game, the twins who are in "child stage" both already bring home more than 5k a week in royalties from books they have written ... One has written two Best Sellers.

The Public Disgracing obstacle is either an anchor if you choose to tie it around your neck ... Or a reason to go lay on the beach instead of going to work if you don't care.

• Options
    edited June 2015

I actually have two, the first being the children who get slammed, they have no way of fighting back. They or their parents can't sue anyone on their behalf. The second being that even though a sim does win in court, that does nothing for all the hits they take with their relationships, including animals. I mean why does Fido care if his owner decided to go through someone's trash, it if were true, Fido would love to help their owner's out. Animals don't care about all that celebrity stuff, just that they have love and care needed to keep them happy.
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    Children can't sue for slander but they can dispell rumor by talking to other sims and after 10 successful attempts the moodlet should be gone.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I don't mind the celebrity system myself, but I've been changing the SP settings per world so that the Levels 3 and higher have very severe caps. And recently I took it further and dialed back Levels 1 and 2. As it is now, no one can become a celeb in one of my worlds until an existing one dies, moves away, or moves up a level to leave an empty slot. Having an actual celebrity in your living room should (to me) be a novelty, not an every day occurrence. In long-running games, it seemed like entire worlds were comprised of all celebs and it gets silly after a while.

I also lost patience with the Public Disgrace scenarios and switched those off long ago, but only because the game engine kept generating more and more of them on my large households. I don't really care what others think of my sims so much, but it couldn't possibly have been intended that the nice, well-behaved ones should have to deal with those several times a day, every day. It really felt like something was misfiring. Could have looked for ways to tune that back, possibly with the Retuner mod, but never got around to it. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    I don't mind the celebrity system myself, but I've been changing the SP settings per world so that the Levels 3 and higher have very severe caps. And recently I took it further and dialed back Levels 1 and 2. As it is now, no one can become a celeb in one of my worlds until an existing one dies, moves away, or moves up a level to leave an empty slot. Having an actual celebrity in your living room should (to me) be a novelty, not an every day occurrence. In long-running games, it seemed like entire worlds were comprised of all celebs and it gets silly after a while.

I also lost patience with the Public Disgrace scenarios and switched those off long ago, but only because the game engine kept generating more and more of them on my large households. I don't really care what others think of my sims so much, but it couldn't possibly have been intended that the nice, well-behaved ones should have to deal with those several times a day, every day. It really felt like something was misfiring. Could have looked for ways to tune that back, possibly with the Retuner mod, but never got around to it. :)

I didn't know you can do this. If you don't mind, where are the settings to make this possible? I too think it's quite lame that everyone is a celebrity, and would love to knock it down to just a small handful of truly famous sims (like sports players, and actors, such as Matthew Hamming and Richie Striker).
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2015
    I didn't know you can do this. If you don't mind, where are the settings to make this possible? I too think it's quite lame that everyone is a celebrity, and would love to knock it down to just a small handful of truly famous sims (like sports players, and actors, such as Matthew Hamming and Richie Striker).
    On City Hall or an in-game computer,
    NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Friendships > Options:Celebrity > Celebrity Ratios (1 though 5)

These are the caps I mentioned, as a percentage of total world residents. The defaults are 100/50/25/12/6. I'm still experimenting with this, but am currently trying things like 10/5/3/2/2. Being that strict might not work so well in Starlight Shores, but in Riverview I don't really need 200 celebrities out of a world of 205 residents. Makes things feel a lot less "special." :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net