Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Okay. This is a problem.

So. I have 7 (ha ha ha ha) count them, 7 families in the manager that are a single black woman, her daughter, and a male asian child. Only 2 of them are black. Like. Why game. Why.

Comments

• Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    What? Lol
  • Options
    TheBlaireWitchTheBlaireWitch Posts: 762 Member
    What? Lol

I have 7 randomly generated families (insert sesame Street joke) that are all exactly the same except the sims look different.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    What? Lol

I have 7 randomly generated families (insert sesame Street joke) that are all exactly the same except the sims look different.

Lol.... What?

I still don't see your point or what Sesame Street has to do with it.

I guess I am missing the joke?

--T
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2015
    I didn't understand it either....

Look, the game generates random families and yes, many of those "sets" are all the same.

The single mom with teenage daughter and child son.

It's sad, I know...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    To7m wrote: »
    What? Lol

Lol.... What?

--T

Sigh.

https://youtu.be/2AoxCkySv34
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Look, the game generates random families and yes, many of those "sets" are all the same.

It's sad, I know...

And I don't want to delete them because my sim kid has made friends with the kid in the household (nearly all of them).

I'm also having a problem with my game generating people with CC skin. I have a purple mom with a red daughter (who is adopted because she only appeared when a sim of mine wanted to adopt)
  • Options
    SeannamiSeannami Posts: 5 New Member
    I think they meant that is odd the son is ethnically different to his mother in all seven versions of the same family. Not really a problem but a coincidence. You could always Full Edit them, make the son an adult husband instead of a son and generate a new son. Children with an Asian parent are, in my experience, beautiful people.
  • Options
    Seannami wrote: »
    I think they meant that is odd the son is ethnically different to his mother in all seven versions of the same family. Not really a problem but a coincidence. You could always Full Edit them, make the son an adult husband instead of a son and generate a new son. Children with an Asian parent are, in my experience, beautiful people.

Somebody else had the same thing happen. Until then I never realised the other girl was their kid and not their significant other.
  • Options
    What? Lol

Lol.... What?

--T

Sigh.

It's sad, I know...

And I don't want to delete them because my sim kid has made friends with the kid in the household (nearly all of them).

I'm also having a problem with my game generating people with CC skin. I have a purple mom with a red daughter (who is adopted because she only appeared when a sim of mine wanted to adopt)

I'm sorry, but I still don't get it... Lol

It's been a long time since I watched Sesame Street so I don't remember much about it.

It's also 23:07 where I am so that probably doesn't help either.

I hope you get your problem sorted.

--T
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    What? Lol

Lol.... What?

--T

Sigh.

It's sad, I know...

It's been a long time since I watched Sesame Street so I don't remember much about it.

--T

Don't worry I still don't get it either :p (we live in the same time zone apparently xD).
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    What? Lol

Lol.... What?

--T

Sigh.

It's sad, I know...

--T

He counts then laughs.

And yeah, that probably doesn't help.

I'll probably just make an orphanage.... Real problem is my sims are unable to make food that isn't from the grill. Sigh.
  • Options
    What? Lol

Lol.... What?

--T

Sigh.

It's sad, I know...

--T

Don't worry I still don't get it either :p (we live in the same time zone apparently xD).

My joke was wasted ;-; Oh well..
  • Options
    Haha...

I'm so sorry. I still don't get it. But I'm sure it was a good joke to those who did catch on.

To be fair, you did make me laugh at myself, if that helps. Lol

--T
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    What? Lol

Lol.... What?

--T

Sigh.

It's sad, I know...

--T

UK?

I'm in London.

--T

ETA: Not sure if I'm allowed to say that but it's not like it's my address or you're gonna hunt me down and axe murder me...!? Are you?

Lol
  • Options
    Haha...

I'm so sorry. I still don't get it. But I'm sure it was a good joke to those who did catch on.

To be fair, you did make me laugh at myself, if that helps. Lol

--T

Apparently, I have very dry or off the wall humor. Lol
  • Options
    What? Lol

Lol.... What?

--T

Sigh.

It's sad, I know...

--T

UK?

I'm in London.

--T

ETA: Not sure if I'm allowed to say that but it's not like it's my address or you're gonna hunt me down and axe murder me...!? Are you?

Lol

No, bellow UK, in Portugal.

Lol, yes I'm gonna hunt ya down and cut yo throat cause I'm that evil xD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Oh, so not overly far. Howdy over there *waves*

--T
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Real problem is my sims are unable to make food that isn't from the grill. Sigh.

Delete the localthumbcache file in your Sims 4 folder and repair the game. Happens if you've been playing the game for an extended period of time at one sitting. Really hope it gets fixed soon.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I cracked a smile. I got your joke xD

As for the single mom households, I'm sort of upset there's no ratio change between the teen and child's gender at least. So many teen girls and little boys running amok.
    I can't even give them a spontaneous gender change because some of them are already friends with my child sims and it feels wrong
    So I just give them a dad xD
  • Options
    MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    So. I have 7 (ha ha ha ha) count them, 7 families in the manager that are a single black woman, her daughter, and a male asian child. Only 2 of them are black. Like. Why game. Why.

I get the Sesame Street joke but I don't get what you're trying to say :/ "I have 7 families in the manager that are single black woman..." & "only 2 of them are black"? How can there be 7 black single women but only 2 of them are black? :D or are you talking about the male children being all asian except 2 that are black?

Either way, I wish there was a way to disable the game from generating random sims all-together. I hate it. I want there to be my sims & my sims only except for the worker NPC's. There needs to be a mod for that soon! I stopped playing TS4 because of the silly randomly generated sims getting into 'lovebird' relationships with my married sims while I was on rotation with another family. That's bad enough but then her stupid 'lovebird' kept showing up at the door every-single-day...ugh! Why? Just...just why?!
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    What? Lol

Lol.... What?

--T

Sigh.

It's sad, I know...

--T

I got it don't worry! In the show when he counts numbers he laughs after each one. I got you OP ;)
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    What? Lol

Lol.... What?

--T

Sigh.

It's sad, I know...

--T

I got it don't worry! In the show when he counts numbers he laughs after each one. I got you OP ;)

I still don't understand...honest.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    What? Lol

Lol.... What?

--T

Sigh.

It's sad, I know...

--T

I still don't understand...honest.

Idk what's not to get lol if you've seen the show then you'll get it :yum:
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    I had a different Sesame Street song going through my head.

"One of these things is not like the other...."
  • Options
    Real problem is my sims are unable to make food that isn't from the grill. Sigh.

Delete the localthumbcache file in your Sims 4 folder and repair the game. Happens if you've been playing the game for an extended period of time at one sitting. Really hope it gets fixed soon.

I /just/ repaired my game.... Ugh. Not again ;- ;

I get the Sesame Street joke but I don't get what you're trying to say :/ "I have 7 families in the manager that are single black woman..." & "only 2 of them are black"? How can there be 7 black single women but only 2 of them are black? :D or are you talking about the male children being all asian except 2 that are black?

Either way, I wish there was a way to disable the game from generating random sims all-together. I hate it. I want there to be my sims & my sims only except for the worker NPC's. There needs to be a mod for that soon! I stopped playing TS4 because of the silly randomly generated sims getting into 'lovebird' relationships with my married sims while I was on rotation with another family. That's bad enough but then her stupid 'lovebird' kept showing up at the door every-single-day...ugh! Why? Just...just why?!

I meant all but two of the kids are Asian XD

But I know what you mean about the lovebirds thing. Ugh.
    What? Lol

Lol.... What?

--T

Sigh.

It's sad, I know...

--T

FINALLY ;-; thank you..
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    edited June 2015

MC Command Center
    by Deaderpool Posted 29th Mar 2015 at 1:27 PM - Updated Today at 3:55 PM by Deaderpool

(not a mod update, he added a table to the Description page)

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680 Comments page 56, post 1393 tells about 1.0.6 (support starts there, in other words)

MC won't completely disable the NPC generator. He tried that in an early version and it broke GTW, so he turned the block into more of a bottleneck that will let NECESSARY new NPCs be created (Reaper etc), but it does filter out tons of extra mailmen and the like. And does a ton of other cool things, depending on which parts you want to install.

There's also a "forget me" option you can use to get rid of those stupid extra romances.

Definitely check it out, I believe it's got just what you're looking for. I'll never play without it again (as long as it works).