Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 and Windows 10

Comments

• Options
    RodJohnRodJohn Posts: 406 Member
    I'm sticking with windows 7. It's never given me a problem. Not sure about Windows 10 at all. Though I sure do miss Vista. That was my all-time favorite before XP--which was pretty kick-🐸🐸🐸🐸.
  • Options
    MalwareHunterMalwareHunter Posts: 38 Member
    I don't have any issues playing the Sims 3 in Windows 10, but I may think about downgrading down the road if the OS continues to make a lot of my apps and other programs work for a while then let them quit.
  • Options
    pwilliams642pwilliams642 Posts: 190 Member
    install windows 10 - but only if you want your computer telling Microsoft your every keystroke and mouse move.
  • Options
    djsdragongirldjsdragongirl Posts: 843 Member
    install windows 10 - but only if you want your computer telling Microsoft your every keystroke and mouse move.

You have this issue with any Windows install, but in Windows 10 you can disable it.

The only issue I'm having with Windows 10 is that the Mods don't work for Sims 3, I can't seem to get the PosePlayer to work nor the NoIntro Mod. Does anyone know if there is a fix for them yet? I've looked all over and haven't found any.
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    My mods work with windows 10 no issue, didnt even have to reinstall the game, if anything, might run slightly better, not sure how windows would affect your mods at all.
  • Options
    SimKeats wrote: »
    My mods work with windows 10 no issue, didnt even have to reinstall the game, if anything, might run slightly better, not sure how windows would affect your mods at all.

I have uninstalled all my Mods and just tried to install PosePlayer and NoIntro and neither will work still. I'm not sure why they won't work, I own the game, so it's not a cracked copy infact none of my games are. But for some reason when I try to get PosePlayer & NoIntro installed, they install, but don't want to work when I load the game.

They are installed like this: This PC>Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Mods>Packages Just like they always have been and worked before. Maybe you can tell me if i did something wrong? I went and redownloaded them both so they would be fresh installs.
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    Uhm, are you sure you are in the folder windows is using as your documents now? only thing I can think of is your in the wrong folder, probably has to be user>documents, not this pc>documents cause you know, you have to log in for windows 10.
  • Options
    laydaywaylaydayway Posts: 259 Member
    windows 10 and sims 3 work fine on my computor and not half bad graphics
  • Options
    Yes SimKeats I'm sure I'm in the right folder. On Windows 10 that is the way it's listed. I don't have a problem running Sims 3, I just have a problem running PosePlayer & NoIntro Mod. Yes they are installed correctly, I even had one of the Moderators that makes other mods on my computer and even she couldn't figure out why they are not working and she did the same thing I did and re-installed them to make sure they went into the right spot. So at this point we are both stuck as to why they are not working with Windows 10.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Yes SimKeats I'm sure I'm in the right folder. On Windows 10 that is the way it's listed. I don't have a problem running Sims 3, I just have a problem running PosePlayer & NoIntro Mod. Yes they are installed correctly, I even had one of the Moderators that makes other mods on my computer and even she couldn't figure out why they are not working and she did the same thing I did and re-installed them to make sure they went into the right spot. So at this point we are both stuck as to why they are not working with Windows 10.
    I already replied to your similar query at MTS, but when this happens after a Win10 upgrade many players find that starting over with a clean game folder is the way to go.

Mods themselves are not operating system dependent.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I'm finding that Sims 3 is running a little bit better and less laggy for me with Windows 10 than with 7. I upgraded in August but I wanted to play the game a bit before posting how it ran with my game. No complaints.
  • Options
    dw4yne1970dw4yne1970 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @MemoriiValentine said:
    > igazor wrote: »
    >
    > One theory out there is that they skipped "Win 9" because in certain contexts it looks too much like "Win 95" and "Win 98."
    >
    >
    > Edit: And the first one who says, "Oh yeah, my grandparents used to talk about those!" gets smacked in the shins with igazor's walking stick. ;)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Talk about them?i had a 95 and 98 ,even a 2000,ect.dial up was a pain as well :p

ah yes do not forget win3.1
  • Options
    marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    dw4yne1970 wrote: »
    > @MemoriiValentine said:
    > Talk about them?i had a 95 and 98 ,even a 2000,ect.dial up was a pain as well :p

ah yes do not forget win3.1

I think I still have original DOS on 5.25" floppies buried in a box somewhere. Used to use it on occasion to get around copy-protection on discs where the volume name contained characters that were disallowed in later versions.
  • Options
    WonderstruckkWonderstruckk Posts: 195 Member
    I just upgraded to Windows 10 and it works fine, probably a bit better actually...I noticed there's not as much lag as there was before.
    anigif_enhanced-25237-1426197588-11_preview.gif
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    I wasn't planning to upgrade to Windows 10 as I'm happy with Windows 7 but since Windows 7 has decided that the original The Sims game is no longer compatible I am beginning to think I may have to upgrade sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    brittanyannemaybrittanyannemay Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Sk8rblaze said:
    > slynnski wrote: »
    >
    > What are you kidding me? Windows 10?? I feel like 8 just came out! Where's 9?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Windows 7 8 9. Duh.

dude they skipped 9 it went from windows 8 to 10 there is no windows 9
  • Options
    brittanyannemaybrittanyannemay Posts: 2 New Member
    Here's my question why wont the mods install to the sims 3 i have windows 10 but the mods wont install
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    Here's my question why wont the mods install to the sims 3 i have windows 10 but the mods wont install

Do you mean that they won't extract to the mods folder in your sims 3 folder? If so, I've noticed that as well, and would like to see someone more experienced talk about it. What I do, is make a temporary folder in the downloads folder, then when I get all my cc, I go into the folder, cut it out, and then I can paste it in my mods folder. I'm not sure if there's a better way, which is why I'd like to see someone more experienced talk about it.
  • Options
    hnj4xxhnj4xx Posts: 14 New Member
    oof, i've wanted windows 10 but i'm holding on because sims 3 seems to be a little dodgy
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    > @Sk8rblaze said:
    > slynnski wrote: »
    >
    > What are you kidding me? Windows 10?? I feel like 8 just came out! Where's 9?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Windows 7 8 9. Duh.

dude they skipped 9 it went from windows 8 to 10 there is no windows 9

Whoosh.

Say it out loud. Seven Eight (ate) Nine.
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    I just installed it this morning and so far it seems fine. Just had to reset all my settings.
  • Options
    yoyoyokatyoyoyokat Posts: 7 New Member
    > @SIMSPuppetMaster said:
    > So I've installed Windows 10 and have played Sims 3 for about 2 weeks now with only one issue: Most (but funny enough, not all) of the items I customized and saved in Create-a-Style have been deleted, so I have to recreate some patterns and colors for clothing, furniture, wallpaper and flooring, and hair and and make-up colors, etc, but other than that, the game has been working just fine and I have all of the EPs, except for Supernatural and some SPs.

Is the the Sims 3 disc or on Origin? :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    yoyoyokatyoyoyokat Posts: 7 New Member
    > @bklienhart said:
    > I've been running all my games on Win 10 for the last couple of months, and they all work fine. Including Sims 3. I've been doing a "progressive" run where I install a new expansion pack every 3 or 4 weeks, so I don't have all of them up yet, but haven't had any problems so far.
    >
    > While the UI still isn't as good as Win 7, it's much less horrible than Win 8.

Are you using Origin or a disk? :)
  • Options
    KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    Not sure if this question has gotten a definite answer yet, but I upgraded my computer to Windows 10 and Sims 3 works fine on it.
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    yoyoyokat wrote: »
    > @bklienhart said:
    > I've been running all my games on Win 10 for the last couple of months, and they all work fine. Including Sims 3. I've been doing a "progressive" run where I install a new expansion pack every 3 or 4 weeks, so I don't have all of them up yet, but haven't had any problems so far.
    >
    > While the UI still isn't as good as Win 7, it's much less horrible than Win 8.

Are you using Origin or a disk? :)

A disk.