Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-An-Item: The infinite item expansion

I had this idea recently while building a lot and looking for the most interesting items to put in it and felt the lack of some things that popped up in my mind, so I felt the need of a tool to create such items myself.

The way I see it currently, it could be something similar to the Create-A-Sim system, where we could take shapes or parts and assemble them into a bigger thing, add effects to them, add what kind of item it is, what it can do, it's color, etc. Maybe even make it available to be uploaded to share with other Simmers once they download such custom item. About pricing and more technical details, I think there could be a system that takes into consideration what it is, what it does, how well it does the things and calculate it's approximated price, allowing players to build their own items while still keeping the sense of progress for a family instead of having level 10 items at the creation of a new Household.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    craftaholiccraftaholic Posts: 447 Member
    don't know if that would be feasible for them to program in, but I am intrigued by it.
    Stop me if you've heard this one: a sim walks into a bar....player moves bar out of the way.....sim walks on without walking into anything else.
  • Options
    KaerfusKaerfus Posts: 49 Member
    edited May 2015
    @craftaholic Even something oversimplified like Spore's buildings creator would help, I'm also sure that it can be heavily improved. Certainly wouldn't mind paying for it as an mini-EP or similar.