Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you enjoy most about TS4?

ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
1. CAS
2. Build/Buy mode
3. Live mode
4. The forums

Just curious, I probably have spent more time in these forums than I have in the game lol.
Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter

Comments

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Everything.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    mushplomplommushplomplom Posts: 760 Member
    Definitely CAS and the stability of the game.
    I bought a GTX 1070 to play Sims 4.

• Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I would have to say I enjoy live mode the most. I also love that I can save my Sims to the my gallery and they retain their skills, aspiration points and traits etc. I just wish I could transfer aspiration points to other Sims.
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    @AnnLee87 yes, I'll admit the gallery is very handy. It would be nice if sims could share their points.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    CAS and Build mode. :) I love the premade rooms and being able to move rooms around. (Building is tedious for me, so that helps.)

I wish we had a bit of CASt, a color wheel or a Body Shop program, though.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    olyanaesmeolyanaesme Posts: 338 Member
    Everything.

I love how your so optimistic about the game and how you love everything about it :smile:
    we way too young to get old <3
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    CAS
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Emotions!
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    It was easy to uninstall.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Cas. Build mode. Search and filtering. The look and lighting.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    FabooshFaboosh Posts: 160 Member
    edited May 2015
    How easy it is to make attractive Sims! The search functionality when building or buying.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Aspects of CAS and aspects of build mode-namely premade rooms and the dragging options.
    I like the pregnancy test.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,924 Member
    Gardening, cooking, baking, collecting.
  • Options
    SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    I haven't been shy about pointing out the areas I feel need improvement with the game (and, in my opinion, there are many such points). In all fairness, however, there are a lot of things TS4 got right as far as I'm concerned. Here's a list, off the top of my head:
    • I really like Aspirations and how I can switch between them at will without losing progress.
    • I like the concept of Emotions (although I wish they didn't change so fast and I wish the portraits weren't so exaggerated).
    • I like the artstyle a whole lot more than I thought I would.
    • I like the new UI and how unobtrusive it is. Going back to TS3, I realized that the UI takes up nearly 25% of my screen.
    • I like opening menus with keyboard shortcuts.
    • I like the concept of multitasking (even though it needs a lot of tweaking).
    • I like the ease with which homes/rooms can be resized, rotated and remodeled.
    • I like different styles of base cabinets (corner, side, endcap and so forth).
    • I like that the electronics are more up-to-date (more flatscreen TVs, fewer big box monitors).
    • I like that I can place items on walls at different heights without needing to use a cheat.
    • I like the concept of having to do something for a promotion at work (I just wish the tasks weren't things like "Get a cup of coffee").
    I'm sure there are more -- that's just what I could come up with on the spot.
  • Options
    lovely_bridelovely_bride Posts: 93 Member
    *cas, even though people still complain about it
    *new interactions
    *the cooking skill is amazing
    *emotions
  • Options
    DarkSlayer1331DarkSlayer1331 Posts: 429 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    It was easy to uninstall.

As negative as this was, it actually did have me laughing out loud. Probably because of how matter-of-fact you were about it. xD

For me, I really like the CAS portion. But I also enjoy the moods and how they affect your interactions.
  • Options
    AngurritoAngurrito Posts: 3 New Member
    The AI. I just enjoy small things in the live mode like being able to eat and greet someone at the door. Saves a lot more time and it's small touches that I can really appreciate.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited May 2015
    I enjoy the level of detail sims have gotten in CAS, minus the omission of Cast.

Build mode is probably my favorite aspect of the game. The push and pull nature was confusing when they first announced it, but it has really changed the way I build. Add in the additional decorative things like roof and wall trims, they have done a great job improving on it.

Buy mode has also been upgraded which I enjoy. I do however think that they should work to improve the way objects can be customized. There are not nearly as many color options as one would hope for, especially when we could change everything in The Sims 3, and we could even customize different parts of objects independently in The Sims 2. I think one swatch dictating the color pallet for the entire object is a bad design, especially when certain things only partially match. In the future it would be appreciated if they allowed different parts of the object to be customized separately (ie. Wood can be changed without changing the supporting color of the couch/bed/etc) not holding my breath on that though.

Live mode is okay, it's very bland in comparison to the other games. There isn't a whole lot for your sims to do unless you are following aspiration or workplace goals. The sims aren't necessarily smarter than they have been in the past; they still seem pretty robotic to me. Just perkier animations. What bugs me the most is that there is no continuity; when I take one sim off of the active lot onto another everyone still at home stops what they are doing. When I return they are doing something completely different, and didn't even finish the tasks they were doing. This is a definite turn off for me, and it's one of the biggest reasons (aside from the lack of things to do) why I can't play the game for very long. In all honesty, with how they set up time to flow constantly no matter where you are they should have designed inactive sims to simulate better than they do. Your sims home lot should behave differently than all of the other lots, sims should not spawn on the sidewalk when you return, they should not be spawned in areas they could not route to when you left. They preferably should be able to work on skills and a variety of tasks that pertain to them like having the ability to accomplish their daily career task while they are inactive. Thisbpart of the game, to me, seems like it got the least amount of attention during development. With how much of an upgrade build mode and CAS got, I feel this part should have also been improved.

Emotions really have no affect on the game for me, they are too inconsistent with their emotions. My sims will go from angry to happy in a split second when they walk into a room that is nicely furnished. I think they need to adjust what forces a sim to be happy, as it's the most prominent emotion in the game. My sim shouldn't be happy just because I decorated their home, they should have a reason to be happy. Same goes with the other emotions, they need to have a reason to feel that way. As of now emotions are just part of the UI, they don't really have a profound effect on your sims or their surroundings like they said they did. I like the idea of my sims having different emotional states, but they didn't quite capture it good enough here. It needs improvement.

The gallery is pretty cool, but I really don't use it all that often. I think the new way "modded" content is handled kind of turned me off from it, I play with mods but I have created several lots and sims that contain no cc, yet they are still marked as modded because I have it in my game. Bad approach imo.

Sorry if this seems like a rant, but if I'm gonna list what I like about the game, I'm gonna also put it what could be improved. :smile:
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,984 Member
    Faboosh wrote: »
    How easy it is to make attractive Sims! The search functionality when building or buying.
    For some reason I find it hard to find some things in search.... I should read up more on it. I love CAS and build mode, and the gallery. I think a little more work needs to be done on live play, but, it has a lot of potential.
  • Options
    ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    CAS right now since creating custom content is addicting.
    Second runner up would be Build/Buy mode! Building homes without CC for the gallery is a challenge in itself.
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • Options
    moonandsixpensmoonandsixpens Posts: 553 Member
    Reading debates about TS4 on the forum :mrgreen:

Building, of course. Interior design, to be more specific. I am not comfortable working with exterior without the cfe cheat. It's also a pleasure seeing pics of other simmers' designs.
    tumblr_noncvdlzEI1unxm84o1_540.png

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2015
    I'm shocked my list has grown to 10 things now. XD
    1) Killing Sims especially lighting them up like matches
    2) Breastfeeding
    3) Basements
    4) Being able to visit multiple worlds
    5) Gardening, but still missing the gardener
    6) The Sims community
    7) Mods and CCs made for the game
    8) Amount of recipes and books
    9) Musical instruments
    10) Lump of clay
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    kaichen04kaichen04 Posts: 376 Member
    What I enjoy the most is Live Mode, playing romances and families in my own lots.

I do like building too. When I have an idea, it entertains me for hours.

I use CAS a lot through Manage Households, but that is because I am a control freak who needs to create and dress every single sim in my game and style them properly as they age.
  • Options
    xtinagaga97xtinagaga97 Posts: 600 Member
    edited May 2015
    Create-a-Sim
    Build mode is good, but I HATE the whole foundation system
    Gameplay is okay, but a bit repetitive and predictable. (Where's the random meteorites to kill the townies??)
    The forums... well it's the forums :D
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    There are so many things to love:

- game graphics and sims looks
    - interactions between the sims
    - Sims emotions
    - how easily u can click on UI to make the sim automatically use an object
    - how u can easily change names, give makeover to your townies
    - CAS
    - Build Mode and how easy it become
    - How a sim can use an object even if a non playable sim is using it
    - How you can introduce more family members using the DNA option

There are so many perks
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif