Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scientist, new co-workers, AGAIN

I think they are getting culled? If I see them in the manage world list of townies can I move them into a house and will they still show up at work when I play my Scientist? Getting tired of trying to make new friends and the whole OMG your an alien thing, the embarrassment etc, etc.

Comments

• Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Moving them into a house sounds like it might work. I'd try it.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    I've had that happen in my game twice during this past week. I'm gonna get the No Culling mod from MTS since I learned about it today.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    Other than the "No Culling" mod, has anyone else found a solution to the problem?
  • Options
    It's nice not to be alone with this, but sorry you are experiencing this as well. Since there is a population cap the fact that the game itself is generating unneeded Sims is just salt on the wound.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    It would seem to me that once you are "friends" with someone, whether related or not, that you should no longer have issues with them being an alien.
  • Options
    MunchyMunchy Posts: 513 Member
    Wow.. I'm lucky that everyone in my sim household seems to be thrilled that one of my sims, is an alien.

Anyway, I use to keep getting new co-workers as well. If you do want to play with mods, I suggest getting the 'Command Center' mod as well as the no culling mod because that seemed to help me!

Good luck. x
  • Options
    I have been trying so hard to avoid mods. 90% of the time I see someone posting about a glitch or problem in the forums, it is because of a mod. Mods can be awesome, or they can be your worst nightmare from what I can see. This may be the very first version of the Sims since the very beginning where I will finally be FORCED to mod my game. I'm a bit sad, disappointed, and apprehensive.
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited May 2015
    The only thing at the science lab that bothers me right now is, it doesn't matter if I choose a male or female sim, but all of the co workers are always ALL female... Nothing against females, as I am one myself lol... But it's ridicules that the game assumes only females do that job and no males whatsoever... If I choose to play a male that's kind of funny... Because he can choose one of 5 co workers who are all female... I wonder why that happens...

But I am also using the NO Culling mod, as the game loves to delete sims even if you got to meet them and make friendships with them....
  • Options
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    The only thing at the science lab that bothers me right now is, it doesn't matter if I choose a male or female sim, but all of the co workers are always ALL female... Nothing against females, as I am one myself lol... But it's ridicules that the game assumes only females do that job and no males whatsoever... If I choose to play a male that's kind of funny... Because he can choose one of 5 co workers who are all female... I wonder why that happens...

But I am also using the NO Culling mod, as the game loves to delete sims even if you got to meet them and make friendships with them....

That is interesting. I have always had a mix of male and female co-workers, including some elder sims and usually at least one disguised alien. I have played 3 different scientists each in their own saved game. I wonder why your game generates all females?

@HarmonySims280 I will probably check mods out when I get the time. Thank you for the advice. The no culling mod will probably be my first, and then the alien abduction one that someone very clever has put together ;)