Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family life

At the minute the things in a 'family' are very basic.. Like biological family on the Genealogy (mother, father, son, daughter)... But it seems that step-family or anything like that aren't recognised! It's not a big deal but it's small things like that, which were once in the sims, that have been forgotten which are really annoying. Not only this but when two sims are married their names do not change and there isn't an option to change them either. Come on EA!! Hopefully they will make an expansion for all the family things soon (like toddlers)!!! and concentrate on the main things The Sims usually have rather than making silly and unneeded expansion packs. One of the greatest things about the Sims was how complex a family could get, so please don't take that away!

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Expect not everyone changes their name on marriage. You can change their names if you so wish in "Manage HouseHold" CAS
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Charlotte3998Charlotte3998 Posts: 11 New Member
    [quote="MadameLee;13644249"]Expect not everyone changes their name on marriage. You can change their names if you so wish in "Manage HouseHold" CAS[/quote]

Yes but as I was saying, it is something that was on the sims 2 and 3, but they have suddenly got rid of it
  • Options
    Jen_CharltonJen_Charlton Posts: 69 Member
    I find it a pain the don't change there name, would be handy once they are married if it opened a box giving you the option to change name of everybody in household (so any children can change name if you wanted to). I am really hoping for a family based ep
  • Options
    SerenaSimsySerenaSimsy Posts: 28 New Member
    > @Jen_Charlton said:
    > I find it a pain the don't change there name, would be handy once they are married if it opened a box giving you the option to change name of everybody in household (so any children can change name if you wanted to). I am really hoping for a family based ep

I would LOVE a family based EP! I was hoping that'd be the first EP released, even though I'm happy with GtW.
  • Options
    Charlotte3998Charlotte3998 Posts: 11 New Member
    I know - there most likely will be a family ep, hopefully including toddlers (im praying!!)
  • Options
    Simsuperhero89Simsuperhero89 Posts: 169 Member
    I want these things back, the sims just seems basic