Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it just me or are there ridiculous number of evil folk in Sims 4?

copygirl29copygirl29 Posts: 68 Member
edited May 2015 in Off Topic Chat
My sim has been looking to find a bestie of late, which has led me to make friends with a whole lot of sims, but every time I learn their traits, it turns out their evil. Seriously, at least 8 of them have turned out to be evil. It's starting to make me think that I'm going to have to repopulate the entire town, just to have some people my sims can get along with.

Anyone else gone down that route? It seems kind of time consuming to me, but potentially beneficial.
Post edited by copygirl29 on

Comments

• Options
    pax1swpax1sw Posts: 654 Member
    edited May 2015
    Same in my game... (before I stopped playing TS4 a few weeks ago)... most of the game-generated townies were Evil and/or Mean and a lot of them also Hated Children. "Evil" little kids? Really? Finally had enough of it and started using cas.fulleditmode to change the traits of all those Evil and/or Mean townies, turning them into decent simmie beings. The thing is, they don't interact with other sims all that differently from sims without those awful traits, so their personalities really don't seem to change that much, since they're townies... (noticed more of a personality change for the better when altering the Mean trait).

*WARNING* Found out the hard way cas.fulleditmode can do erratic things to your sims... (like resetting body build to average, wiping some history/counters, etc.)... but with townies, that shouldn't be a problem, unless you plan to play them later. If that's the case, it would be better to build a BFF for your sim in CAS.

Also, don't know if they fixed it with a new update, but BFF was treated as a romantic relationship up until the time I stopped playing, so be careful.
  • Options
    > @pax1sw said:
    > Same in my game... (before I stopped playing TS4 a few weeks ago)... most of the game-generated townies were Evil and/or Mean and a lot of them also Hated Children. "Evil" little kids? Really? Finally had enough of it and started using cas.fulleditmode to change the traits of all those Evil and/or Mean townies, turning them into decent simmie beings. The thing is, they don't interact with other sims all that differently from sims without those awful traits, so their personalities really don't seem to change that much, since they're townies... (noticed more of a personality change for the better when altering the Mean trait).
    >
    > *WARNING* Found out the hard way cas.fulleditmode can do erratic things to your sims... (like resetting body build to average, wiping some history/counters, etc.)... but with townies, that shouldn't be a problem, unless you plan to play them later. If that's the case, it would be better to build a BFF for your sim in CAS.
    >
    > Also, don't know if they fixed it with a new update, but BFF was treated as a romantic relationship up until the time I stopped playing, so be careful.

I heard that when you change a sims traits in cas, you get the new trait, but you don't get rid of the old one. I tried it on one of mine once when I realised how annoying the ambition trait can get when you don't move up in your career fast enough, and that's certainly how it worked out – they still got stressed from not progressing fast enough.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    copygirl29 wrote: »
    > @pax1sw said:
    > Same in my game... (before I stopped playing TS4 a few weeks ago)... most of the game-generated townies were Evil and/or Mean and a lot of them also Hated Children. "Evil" little kids? Really? Finally had enough of it and started using cas.fulleditmode to change the traits of all those Evil and/or Mean townies, turning them into decent simmie beings. The thing is, they don't interact with other sims all that differently from sims without those awful traits, so their personalities really don't seem to change that much, since they're townies... (noticed more of a personality change for the better when altering the Mean trait).
    >
    > *WARNING* Found out the hard way cas.fulleditmode can do erratic things to your sims... (like resetting body build to average, wiping some history/counters, etc.)... but with townies, that shouldn't be a problem, unless you plan to play them later. If that's the case, it would be better to build a BFF for your sim in CAS.
    >
    > Also, don't know if they fixed it with a new update, but BFF was treated as a romantic relationship up until the time I stopped playing, so be careful.

I heard that when you change a sims traits in cas, you get the new trait, but you don't get rid of the old one. I tried it on one of mine once when I realised how annoying the ambition trait can get when you don't move up in your career fast enough, and that's certainly how it worked out – they still got stressed from not progressing fast enough.

Don't do cheats :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    pax1swpax1sw Posts: 654 Member
    > @pax1sw said:
    >
    >

You're right, that's very true, at least for my Mains. I changed Smokey's Loner trait using cas.fulleditmode and he kept a residual of it, but not the bad parts, only the Enjoying Being Alone positive moodlet, which stuck permanently (even when I aged him down to a child). Overall, I was pleased with the results of him still having the good parts of that phantom Loner trait.

As for the Evil and Mean traits, I've never played a sim with those traits so can't say if they have any positive aspects or what might hang over from them, it's probably random, but the worst aspects of the traits seemed to be gone in my altered townies.
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Thought you were referring to the forum...
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    Thought you were referring to the forum...

Ha, no, the people are lovely. The sims have a penchant for evil & mean traits.
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    > @pax1sw said:
    >
    >

Don't do cheats :)

In Sims 4, I'm pretty much cheat-free (more likely to marry into money if that's the route I'm going down), but I'm also enjoying the way they've set up towns, so if you want, you can insert the kind of people you like and build the kind of friend/family groups you want. Definitely a perk for me, especially as you can keep the money of the household for any sims you don't intend to play.