Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Services in Sims 4!

Hi All,

Services have always been apart of the Sims Franchise. I loved all the services that have been in past sims games.

Butler - currently not in Sims 4.
Maid - currently in Sims 4.
Gardener - currently not a hireable service.
Repairman - currently not a hireable service.
Nanny - currently not in Sims 4.
Babysitter - currently not in Sims 4.
Firefighter - currently not in Sims 4.
Police - currently in Sims 4 but not like in past games.
Animal Control - currently not in Sims 4.
Exterminator - currently not in Sims 4.
Obedience Officer - currently not in Sims 4.
Pet Adoption Service - currently not in Sims 4.
Caterer - currently in Sims 4.
Bartender/Mixologist- currently in Sims 4.
Matchmaking Service - currently not in Sims 4.
DJ - currently not in Sims 4.
Singer - currently not in Sims 4.
Magician - currently not in Sims 4.

Deliveries
Chinese food - currently not in Sims 4.
Pizza - currently in Sims 4.
Groceries - currently not in Sims 4.

I know some of these services came with DLC but I'd love to see some more services in Sims 4.

I'd love to have a hireable gardener, repairman, more delivery options.

So... what do you guys think? What services would you like to see?

Aussie_Simmer

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Why have they cut some many services? I am sure that the UK government have made less cuts than this?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2015
    Hi All,

Services have always been apart of the Sims Franchise. I loved all the services that have been in past sims games.

Butler - currently not in Sims 4.
    Gardener - currently not a hireable service.
    Nanny - currently not in Sims 4.
    Babysitter - currently not in Sims 4.
    Animal Control - currently not in Sims 4.
    Obedience Officer - currently not in Sims 4.
    Pet Adoption Service - currently not in Sims 4.
    Caterer - currently in Sims 4.
    Bartender/Mixologist- currently in Sims 4.
    Matchmaking Service - currently not in Sims 4.
    DJ - currently not in Sims 4.
    Singer - currently not in Sims 4.
    Magician - currently not in Sims 4.

Deliveries
    Chinese food - currently not in Sims 4.

I know some of these services came with DLC but I'd love to see some more services in Sims 4.

I'd love to have a hireable gardener, repairman, more delivery options.

So... what do you guys think? What services would you like to see?

While some of those came with Expansions in TS2, for TS4 basegame I would like to see back in an update of sorts: the repairman, the nanny (with or without toddlers for I hate when babies poof), firefighters, social worker npc (and adoption service hireable through the phone) and maybe the grocery delivery man (since we do not have grocery stores in TS4).
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Why have they cut some many services? I am sure that the UK government have made less cuts than this?

Because the majority of these come with Expansions.

Repairmen can be called via a cheat, but weren't used in the final game to make it harder. Gardener's are also in the game, but can't be hired again, so it made the game harder.

A lot of the "cut" NPC's are there just not fully available which is a really weird creative decision
  • Options
    copygirl29copygirl29 Posts: 68 Member
    I would love to have the repairman and the gardener back, it makes it so much easier when it's not your 'focus' but something you need. I'm currently going through a cheat-free phase and I'd like to have these things payable, so it's still like you've earned it. Hopefully they'll bring them in with expansion packs, or just further developments of the game.

I'd also like to have groceries orderable on the computer, so if you don't want to do any gardening, you can still get the ingredients for the baking recipes. That's a real bugbear for me.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited May 2015
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Repairmen can be called via a cheat, but weren't used in the final game to make it harder. Gardener's are also in the game, but can't be hired again, so it made the game harder.

A lot of the "cut" NPC's are there just not fully available which is a really weird creative decision

I'd say a good portion of them have, and should, come in the base games, as they have in TS2 and 3.

Going by memory, these were available in TS2's base game and should return in a patch in TS4:

Nanny (which was the babysitter) - currently not in Sims 4.

Deliveries

I also agree that cutting repairmen/gardeners is a strange creative decision, as they don't make the game harder at all. What would actually make the game harder, for example, is having bug infestations, along with the return of the exterminator. Bug infestations, in TS2, caused our Sims sickness and disease if left untreated, and they had to pay their hard-earned Simoleons to have an exterminator get rid of them. That's challenge, IMHO.

And, had they designed GTW differently, it would have been real fun having to actually take our Sims all the way to the hospital to get treated. But alas, shortcuts were made as usual, and you must work there to actually access it, or be in labor.

There is a difference between grind and challenge, and these developers don't seem to know the difference. Shoving 1000 goals in my face is not a challenge, it is an annoying grind.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Gardener and repairmen NPC's are in the game, they are unavailable to the player which was a choice made by the developers. There was a mod that added them to the hirable services.
  • Options

Gardeners came with TS2 Seasons.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Sul5ul wrote: »
    Does anyone have a link to the gardener/repair person MOD?

It should be at http://ts4mods.com, but it's offline right now for some reason.
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    While not a service sim, burglars are still missing. While at times they could be annoying they still added a certain amount of spice to the game as did Mrs. Crumplebottom in ts2.

I'd love to see them bring back ordering Chinese food, but maybe they could also add take out food from other cultures like Indian, Thai, Mexican ..... and so much more.
    There is a difference between grind and challenge, and these developers don't seem to know the difference. Shoving 1000 goals in my face is not a challenge, it is an annoying grind.
    Agreed!
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    GreyhoundMamaJGreyhoundMamaJ Posts: 87 Member
    I would love to have the ability to hire a Gardener and food other than pizza delivered.
    Find a fast friend...adopt a Greyhound!
    My Origin ID is japowell6
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I miss the NPC Sims as well. Even though Gardening is probably my favorite skill in TS4, it just takes way too long to get your plants to 'perfect'. Having a Gardener come out and weed/water would be amazing. I also miss the Butler, Nanny, Police, & Fireman. It doesn't really make any sense why they decided to not include these features. I can see maybe not including some of them like a DJ, Pet Adoption Service, etc. in the base game, but NPC's have been apart of the Sims franchise since the beginning. It's similar to how they made the worlds smaller, when we're used to space. I like TS4, but some of the decisions made for the game really make zero sense whatsoever.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited May 2015
    The link to the mod files for services mod are in this post:

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=4741747#post4741747

Edit: The link goes straight to mediafire link, but I have downloaded it, scanned it and installed the mod and it works fine.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    joseiloaizachjoseiloaizach Posts: 298 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Actually you can hire a gardener in TS2 base game for watering plants, pluck the weeds and prune the bushes. You can also do that in TS1 base game. Without installing Seasons or Unleashed.
    SWB%2BBanner%2BForums.png

♦ Origin ID: joseiloaizach
    ♦ Blog: simwillbuild.blogspot.com
    ♦ Twitter: twitter.com/SimWillBuild
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I love all those NPCs, but there is a lot more than that over the life of the franchise. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Non-playable_character

NPCs I would love to be patched in that have been part of a base time at least once:
    1. Gardeners
    2. Repairman
    3. Firefighter
    4. Police
    5. Burglar
    6. Real social worker
    7. Paper delivery
    8. Carpool driver
    9. Taxi driver
    10. School bus driver

NPCs I would like to see in EPs:
    1. Clown catcher
    2. Tragic Clown
    3. Chip and Bunny the Dancer
    4. Mime
    5. Claire the Bear
    6. Racoon
    7. Skunk
    8. Bonehilda
    9. Gardening gnomes
    10. Server
    11. Chef
    12. Busboy
    13. Director/Producer
    14. Fashion Designer
    15. DJ
    16. Organ Grinder
    17. Snake Charmer
    18. Old prude
    19. Pet trainer
    20. Nanny
    21. Exterminator
    22. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 matchmaker
    23. Butler
    24. Landlords
    25. Chinese good deliver
    26. Bellhops
    27. Housekeepers
    28. Cashiers
    29. Cafeteria chefs
    30. Baristas
    31. Stylists
    32. Masseuses
    33. Fire dancers
    34. Tour guides
    35. Professors
    36. Couches
    37. University mascots
    38. Grand vampires
    39. Pack leaders
    40. Penguin
    41. Unsavory Charlatan
    42. High witches
    43. Hula Zombies
    44. Social Bunnies
    45. Headmasters
    46. Therapists
    47. Bigfoot
    48. Remote control car
    49. Babysitter
    50. Tattoo Artist
    51. Bouncer

The gardener/repairman mod for anyone that needs it: http://www.mediafire.com/download/a4ra2hk4m29bybh/Daveo88_NPCs_updatedbyqc.rar

Some new NPCs that would be cool to have would be:
    1. Sports instructor
    2. Lifeguard
    3. Scuba instructor
    4. Circus NPCs
    5. Aquarium NPCs
    6. Theme Park NPCs
    7. Zoo NPCs
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    DaemonPawsDaemonPaws Posts: 192 Member
    I would be thrilled if they put a gardener back in at the very least. It takes SO long to garden, and is a huge waste of time. If not that, then at least put in the sprinklers again. I'd love to have more services returned, and new services added.
    Origin - DaemonPaws
  • Options

Actually you can hire a gardener in TS2 base game for watering plants, pluck the weeds and prune the bushes. You can also do that in TS1 base game. Without installing Seasons or Unleashed.

Nice I thought it came with Seasons :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

Nope, it is in the base game. Gardening skill came with Seasons. The Sims 3 didn't have a gardener in the base game but added it in an EP.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    Just bring back bonehilda & I'm good XD
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Nope, it is in the base game. Gardening skill came with Seasons. The Sims 3 didn't have a gardener in the base game but added it in an EP.

Which one? I'm in game and there's no gardener option under the service menu, and I have all ep's & sp's. Did you perhaps get it from a mod, if so please share a link.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »

Which one? I'm in game and there's no gardener option under the service menu, and I have all ep's & sp's. Did you perhaps get it from a mod, if so please share a link.
    Oh shoot I forgot it never was added into the Sims 3. Yeah it was in a mod. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=459967
  • Options
    LukkyLukky Posts: 31 Member
    I do miss the repair man since it was always nice to be able to call someone to come fix everything when it all breaks simultaneously. I also miss the robbers since it was always something to keep you on your toes, I do hope they bring them back at some point in time.
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I could do without a repairman now that we have the option to either just replace the broken item or fix it our simselfs. I do miss the gardener a ton and would love to see the burglar in the future, I mean we have a law enforcement carreer now with GTW. How cool would it be for one of our detective sims to show up after a robbery!?
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Well the maid and caterer don't even work...-_-
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Thanks for posting everyone!

Let's hope an update is coming making these services available.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Sk8rblaze wrote: »

I'd say a good portion of them have, and should, come in the base games, as they have in TS2 and 3.

Going by memory, these were available in TS2's base game and should return in a patch in TS4:

Nanny (which was the babysitter) - currently not in Sims 4.

Deliveries

I also agree that cutting repairmen/gardeners is a strange creative decision, as they don't make the game harder at all. What would actually make the game harder, for example, is having bug infestations, along with the return of the exterminator. Bug infestations, in TS2, caused our Sims sickness and disease if left untreated, and they had to pay their hard-earned Simoleons to have an exterminator get rid of them. That's challenge, IMHO.

And, had they designed GTW differently, it would have been real fun having to actually take our Sims all the way to the hospital to get treated. But alas, shortcuts were made as usual, and you must work there to actually access it, or be in labor.

Nanny was saved for Generations I believe. Groceries weren't in The Sims 3 or Sims 4. A lot of people hated the exterminator and bugs (I know I'm one of them) and I'm so glad they aren't in the game.
    Having no Repairmen or Gardener is extremely hard. Repairmen is hard if you don't have money to replace everything, or the time to fix everything. And if you plan to Garden, growing a massive one ends up being super hard work.

Also, the most obvious reason why we don't go to Hospital to be treated is to slow down the amount of Townies being generated. If every time a Sick sim went to hospital, it would generate new Townies and we'd be even in a worse place than we are now. They will probably let us go to the Hospital once they sort out the Culling issues.

They didn't make the game harder via goals. They made it harder via Gameplay. Aka Bills being more realistic, having to do more things yourself etc.