Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is The Sims Franchise heading to E3 this year?

Comments

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I actually think that everyone, no matter what they think of the game, is actually united in one thing. Fear.

The players who like the game are afraid that the complaints will eventually end Sims 4. I say this because if they weren't afraid they could play their game, be happy and not worry about what other players think.

The players who don't like the game as is are afraid that it's not going to get any better.

I think both points of view are afraid that this just might be the end of a franchise they love.

Totally right. And I think most feel totally hopeless about getting through to EA however they feel about the game.
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    I actually think that everyone, no matter what they think of the game, is actually united in one thing. Fear.

The players who like the game are afraid that the complaints will eventually end Sims 4. I say this because if they weren't afraid they could play their game, be happy and not worry about what other players think.

The players who don't like the game as is are afraid that it's not going to get any better.

I think both points of view are afraid that this just might be the end of a franchise they love.

Totally right. And I think most feel totally hopeless about getting through to EA however they feel about the game.

By bombarding the forums and filling it with negativity? Very effective.........
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member

By bombarding the forums and filling it with negativity? Very effective.........
    Not all of this feedback is negative, some of the people who want things put into the game actually like the idea of things that it has to offer, but delay getting it because of things that it doesn't have.
  • Options

Excuse me? I certainly do not 'bombard the forums with negativity'. In fact I think you'll find the family thread is one of the nicest on here. A place where people are nice to each other no matter how they feel about TS4.
  • Options
    Anyway. This thread has gone off topic a little. I think I'll tweet one of the guru's this week and ask whether they can confirm any details.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

David you need to realize that negativity comes from both points of view. I've seen threads that are starting out in a very benign manner and people will pop in with comments like..."oh the haters will be along soon". Everyone needs to stop with the comments.

If someone doesn't like the game it should have no effect on you and how much you like playing.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options

David you need to realize that negativity comes from both points of view. I've seen threads that are starting out in a very benign manner and people will pop in with comments like..."oh the haters will be along soon". Everyone needs to stop with the comments.

If someone doesn't like the game it should have no effect on you and how much you like playing.

I just find it annoying..... bit overwhelming. Obviously... this is a forum... constructive criticism is good but on here it's far from that.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options

Exactly.
  • Options

I just find it annoying..... bit overwhelming. Obviously... this is a forum... constructive criticism is good but on here it's far from that.

Again I'll say that the people who don't like the game get as much abuse as those who do. You don't think it's annoying for people who think this game is under done, thrown together and want something better to be called haters just for having an opinion?

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    NagaoNagao Posts: 49 Member
    > @David_Wharton said:
    > sparkfairy1 wrote: »
    >
    > PHOEBESMOM601 wrote: »
    >
    > I actually think that everyone, no matter what they think of the game, is actually united in one thing. Fear.
    >
    > The players who like the game are afraid that the complaints will eventually end Sims 4. I say this because if they weren't afraid they could play their game, be happy and not worry about what other players think.
    >
    > The players who don't like the game as is are afraid that it's not going to get any better.
    >
    > I think both points of view are afraid that this just might be the end of a franchise they love.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Totally right. And I think most feel totally hopeless about getting through to EA however they feel about the game.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > By bombarding the forums and filling it with negativity? Very effective.........

I don't see a post of yours that has offered much of a solution, either. It's very annoying to encounter people like you who write "haters" or even just members here with legitimate views as to why they don't love the game.
    I'm annoyed by being "bombarded" by constant vitriol from S4 fans to the members who don't see eye to eye.
    See how it works the same way?
  • Options
    If you have a problem with my comments.... just message me privately. I'd rather keep this thread on topic than it be derailed.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member

The message I am getting from your post is that anybody that is not happy with Sims 4 is a negative person and they should be happy and not complain at all. Yes, complaints work in some shape or form and Sims 4 is not the best game out there to some and even myself and if I wish to express my negativity I can do so regardless of how you feel/ If you are pleased with Sims 4 then be happy.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

The message I am getting from your post is that anybody that is not happy with Sims 4 is a negative person and they should be happy and not complain at all. Yes, complaints work in some shape or form and Sims 4 is not the best game out there to some and even myself and if I wish to express my negativity I can do so regardless of how you feel/ If you are pleased with Sims 4 then be happy.

I hardly ever say 'I enjoy/love Sims 4' on these forums as I know it often leads to bullying. That's why I'm annoyed. People don't realise they're bullying on here. That's what's wrong.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    If you have a problem with my comments.... just message me privately. I'd rather keep this thread on topic than it be derailed.

Um....this thread has strayed back and forth since page one.

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    .....regina-hallbrenda-meekspopcorn-gif.gif?cea947
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    First E3. Rachel Franklin confirmed the presence of TS4 in a tweet a couple of weeks ago. If you can find out anything further OP it would be appreciated. There are a lot of simmers including myself who are concerned that the possible announcement at E3 will be about transferring the game to consoles and mobiles. While this might not be a big deal for some for others that is the worst possible. I am not going into the whys and wherefores here.

Second TS5. It takes several years to put an iteration together. Nobody knows at the moment if there will be a TS5. If they have started work on a TS5 then they will not be telling us about it for at least another couple of years. What we can hope is that someone within the company is paying attention to the constructive feedback and good ideas the simmers on this Forum have generated.

Finally we are all very different in our likes and dislikes. I have said this many times and that fact is not going to change. It is human nature. One other thing is that most people on this Forum love the sims but have a personal preference as to which iteration. Variety of opinion is the lifeblood of any reasonable debate. That includes respect for all the individuals involved. Calling people selfish or trolls just because they don't share your opinion is offensive and insulting. It is also against the Forum rules. A little bit of tolerance and forbearance of others and respect would do much to improve the quality of this Forum.

Now I am looking forward to E3. I really want to know what the developers have in mind for this game. So any additional information anyone can glean before the event would be much appreciated.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited May 2015
    First E3. Rachel Franklin confirmed the presence of TS4 in a tweet a couple of weeks ago. If you can find out anything further OP it would be appreciated.

Do you have a link? I can't find that.
    (Not questioning it, mostly annoyed that I can't find it in the Tweets & Replies for her.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    At E3, console version would actually be a good thing to announce. But whether it's gonna happen or not, idk. But I hope a console version comes soon and is availible on ps4. I prefer consoles to PCs although pcs can be good sometimes for some games. A console port with DLC you can get off ps store would be perfect release idea. Yes it'd have some bugs but they could patch them out.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    All I want is for Sims 4 to not be the focus of EA anymore. I want the majority of the sims team, like 85-90% working on Sims 5 so that they can have it developed faster, not rushed, but sooner because most of them would be working on Sims 5, and then the remaining sims team can work on content for those who do like Sims 4.

I just don't understand the mindset to defend Sims 4 saying it deserves to be around for 4-5 more years like the previous games, when EA threw it together in 1 year. They clearly didn't care about the quality of the product they put out, so why should we have to fork out money to make it "better" and hope it does? I would rather them just forget Sims 4 and properly make Sims 5 without rushing it in 1 years time. That way we get a great Sims game.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    If you are happy with TS4 then say so OP. We are all entitled to our opinion just as long as we respect others and they respect us :) I don't believe there is a single person here who would begrudge another simmer the pleasure of a game they enjoy.

here you go. I googled it but it was posted here in a thread as well.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    If you are happy with TS4 then say so OP. We are all entitled to our opinion just as long as we respect others and they respect us :) I don't believe there is a single person here who would begrudge another simmer the pleasure of a game they enjoy.

here you go. I googled it but it was posted here in a thread as well.

Thanks! I must need an umpteenth coffee break. That's something to look forward to then, even if it's just an EP announcement that we see.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    Sul5ul wrote: »
    dmel25 wrote: »
    All I want is for Sims 4 to not be the focus of EA anymore. I want the majority of the sims team, like 85-90% working on Sims 5 so that they can have it developed faster, not rushed, but sooner because most of them would be working on Sims 5, and then the remaining sims team can work on content for those who do like Sims 4.

I just don't understand the mindset to defend Sims 4 saying it deserves to be around for 4-5 more years like the previous games, when EA threw it together in 1 year. They clearly didn't care about the quality of the product they put out, so why should we have to fork out money to make it "better" and hope it does? I would rather them just forget Sims 4 and properly make Sims 5 without rushing it in 1 years time. That way we get a great Sims game.
    Great post.
    Sul5ul wrote: »
    dmel25 wrote: »

Great post.

Thank you Sul5ul, got my back and all that chiz. *fist bumps*

Also, just to clear this up because I feel like people believe this. I am not like, "I hope they stop making Sims 4 because it sucks and just to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 guys who do like it!" That isn't it at all. I just don't think Sims 4 deserves to be continued because EA clearly didn't care about the quality of it. I love the Sims series and I want to have a great Sims game to play, but Sims 4 is not it, and this is why I hope they start working on Sims 5 so I can get that great game (assuming EA listens to fans about what we want and the backlash Sims 4 got).
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Foxcrest wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    djaygamer wrote: »
    Sincerely doubt there will be a Sims 5 announcement. We usually get a new generation every 5 years and Sims 4 has only just started.

If you don't like the game play TS3, it bothers me how selfish people are torwards this franchise. TS4 has yet a long way to go, probably about 5 years like previous games so my sugestion is: wait.

Sims 2 brought aging, genetics, and new life stages
    Sims 3 brought an open world and no loading screens, in addition to the same life stages.
    Sims 4 brought ____________? What exactly? Please help me fill in the blanks.

Let me correct you.
    The Sims 3 brought an Open World with LESS loading screens, but LONGER loading screens. The Sims 3 has plenty of loading screens still, and the ones the Sims 3 does have, The Sims 4 does quicker (eg. Loading a World, Switching Families, Travelling to a Different World, Going on Vacation, Rotating a Lot, Moving House etc. are just some of the things that require loading screens in The Sims 3, and yet in The Sims 4 the loading screens to do these things is either quicker or instant).

I mean to rotate a lot in The Sims 3 can take almost 15 - 20 seconds, yet in The Sims 4 it's instant. Travelling to another world in The Sims 4 can take around 15 seconds, while in The Sims 3 it can take between 3 - 15 minutes depending on your computer.

---

And the Sims 4 brought a variety of things. I'm currently doing things in The Sims 4 that were either impossible in The Sims 3, or like 1/10th of the experience. It just depends on your playstyle. Right now my Legacy are also running a Mall, based on an Ikea type store, which I couldn't do in The Sims 3.

The Sims 3 basically had the same fundementics as The Sims 2, except it made the world open and added some customisation features. Even the graphic engine is the same, with recycles animations from The Sims 2 as well. At least in The Sims 4, everything is new.

The Sims 3 vs The Sims 4 arguments get so shallow, mainly because people expect different things from The Sims, and it's just a matter of whether which game suits your play style more.
  • Options
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

I hardly ever say 'I enjoy/love Sims 4' on these forums as I know it often leads to bullying. That's why I'm annoyed. People don't realise they're bullying on here. That's what's wrong.
    The way you conveyed your post you lumped everybody who had a negative thing to say about Sims 4 into one group. Yes, there is people who go over and beyond but they are others that complain without calling anybody names of any sort. As I said I went by what your post conveyed.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Foxcrest wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    djaygamer wrote: »
    Sincerely doubt there will be a Sims 5 announcement. We usually get a new generation every 5 years and Sims 4 has only just started.

If you don't like the game play TS3, it bothers me how selfish people are torwards this franchise. TS4 has yet a long way to go, probably about 5 years like previous games so my sugestion is: wait.

Sims 2 brought aging, genetics, and new life stages
    Sims 3 brought an open world and no loading screens, in addition to the same life stages.
    Sims 4 brought ____________? What exactly? Please help me fill in the blanks.

Let me correct you.
    The Sims 3 brought an Open World with LESS loading screens, but LONGER loading screens. The Sims 3 has plenty of loading screens still, and the ones the Sims 3 does have, The Sims 4 does quicker (eg. Loading a World, Switching Families, Travelling to a Different World, Going on Vacation, Rotating a Lot, Moving House etc. are just some of the things that require loading screens in The Sims 3, and yet in The Sims 4 the loading screens to do these things is either quicker or instant).

I mean to rotate a lot in The Sims 3 can take almost 15 - 20 seconds, yet in The Sims 4 it's instant. Travelling to another world in The Sims 4 can take around 15 seconds, while in The Sims 3 it can take between 3 - 15 minutes depending on your computer.

---

And the Sims 4 brought a variety of things. I'm currently doing things in The Sims 4 that were either impossible in The Sims 3, or like 1/10th of the experience. It just depends on your playstyle. Right now my Legacy are also running a Mall, based on an Ikea type store, which I couldn't do in The Sims 3.

The Sims 3 basically had the same fundementics as The Sims 2, except it made the world open and added some customisation features. Even the graphic engine is the same, with recycles animations from The Sims 2 as well. At least in The Sims 4, everything is new.

The Sims 3 vs The Sims 4 arguments get so shallow, mainly because people expect different things from The Sims, and it's just a matter of whether which game suits your play style more.
    Since you are referring to the loading screen bringing the player into the game, yes that was a longer screen because it loaded a whole world and even with that some people like myself had a loading time of 1 to 1 min and a half which was not horrible because of systems specs. Now since you are talking CAS which is a little different than me walking down the block into another Sim's house which did not involve a loading screen. It is unfair to compare CAS to actual playing in the world so in that aspect Sims 3 still beats Sims 4 IMHO. Now if you are running a low end computer you cannot expect to hit the margins that a high end computer can do so you are going to suffer. Sims 4 does not have much to keep one drawn because you do not have any terrain editing tools as you did with Sims 2, Sims 3. Sims 4 appears to be having problems just like Sims 2 and Sims 3 had and the game was made by the same Pub/Dev as Sims 2 and Sims 3. The argument may appear shallow to you and if it is then so be it because everyone is entitled to their opinion and your opinion is not more important than the next person opinion. As I play a lot of games, most games incorporate or recycle some type of elements from previous games as well as introduce new elements as well and some elements in Sims 4 is not new. To you Sims 4 may seem like crème of the crop, but to me I see it as lacking even if you add EPs/GPs. Being open world has zero chance of coming back and seeing what neighborhoods that EA/Maxis offering and the customer cannot even alter the size or create their own lots and must depend on EA/Maxis the game will always lack and I might reconsider my opinion if this was made possible and another thing those emotions are bugged out.