Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What about a Natural Disasters pack

I think if we are trying to make these games like the real world we should have a pack where natural disasters can occur.

Things like;

- earthquakes
- tornadoes
- floods
- tsunamis
- forest fires (in a camping vacation pack)
- landslides
- avalanche (maybe in a ski vacation setting)
- drought ( in a farm pack)
- volcanoes
- hurricanes

If this is created it would give way to new career paths such as a storm chaser or meteorologist or volcanologists. There could even be special storm shelters that Sims could have and each town can have designated storm shelters for anyone who needed it. Also Warning systems to let the Sims know that a potential disaster is on its way.

I would definitely be interested in an expansion pack such as this!!

Comments

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    No very bad idea i do not went to have this in my game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    NagaoNagao Posts: 49 Member
    Natural disasters?
    I thought the romance, family and lack of story progression was already in the game... though a firestorm to cleanse my town would be welcome.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I'd be all for it as long as the humor was light. For example, sims lose power for extended periods of time and have to somehow manage to keep that plumbob green. Snow storms where sims cannot go outside (bet the "loves the outdoors" sims would hate that. In order to do this type of expansion pack, there would need to be more funny, less destruction because the reality is these things ARE NOT fun to experience in reality.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    ashleydawn1987ashleydawn1987 Posts: 4 New Member
    I totally agree in the fact of the sadness, but if it had a funny aspect like having you house covered by an avalanche and having to dig your way out, or suffering from no hot water or computer games it could be quite funny and enjoyable!
  • Options
    BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    I would love this type of expansion pack :3
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    MrGodardMrGodard Posts: 713 Member
    The bug infestations in the previous games were enough 'natural disaster' for me :p .
  • Options
    justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    sounds so-so, not my cup of tea, but very original :)
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    No way. I'm not going to spend all that time building my sims' homes just to have some random event destroy it all. If they put that in the game, it would be the end of it for me as an EA customer.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    No way. I'm not going to spend all that time building my sims' homes just to have some random event destroy it all. If they put that in the game, it would be the end of it for me as an EA customer.

What if they had a 'reset lot' option after a disaster happens.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    the most I can see happening.
    Earthquakes
    mini-tornadoes
    Hurricanes
    possibly drought and Floods
    However since Willow Creek is New Orleans Hurricanes and floods may bring up memories for some people.

I hope there are powerful weather storms
    from Blizzards to Ice Storms
    not too much to destroy homes but to snow my sims in and knock out the power and heat. I would love to do a Sims version of the Long Dark. hopefully pets can add vicious wolves and bears.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I'm not a fan of this idea, but it's always optional so if it's ever made I think I'll pass on this one, just hopefully they won't include this in Seasons :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    craftaholiccraftaholic Posts: 447 Member
    Not a fan. if they put it in, they need a turn off button in settings, so I don't have it in my game.
    Stop me if you've heard this one: a sim walks into a bar....player moves bar out of the way.....sim walks on without walking into anything else.
  • Options
    edwardianededwardianed Posts: 49 Member
    > @Memina11 said:
    > No very bad idea i do not went to have this in my game

Well then presumably you would just not buy it.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    No X 1,000!!!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif