Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fix up the sims Inventories

NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
edited May 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I actually love to hoard objects in The Sims 3, I liked to do it in The Sims 4.

Unfortunately as I found out for some unfathomable reason doing so actually slows things down. I have actually started to sell off several things ONLY because having them makes the game start to chug.

This becomes INSANE when loading my collectables in say... The new expansion when I need to analyze a plant... and heaven save me if I want to analyze a plant I only have a few of.

Here are some ideas
1) Give item categories
2) Cull this split nonsense for objects. There is no reason for the game to think of every single kitchen part as an individual item in your inventory unless you are splitting them up intentionally as it slows the game down. This especially goes for fruit... in fact
3) When you go for fruits and vegetables and you expand it should open up a second category where you select either all of them or the grade... but it never needs to show you every individual fruit or vegetable because they aren't all special snowflakes.

Basically... with my sim I want to be able to find anything I know is in his inventory quickly and painlessly.

I also want to be able to when analyzing collectables to be able to find a mushroom quickly and easily even if it is the only mushroom my sim owns and he owns 1000 of every other fruit in the game. I want the menu to open instant without any slow down or freezing.