Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like a Magical University themed expansion?

I remember the survey we got last year, and one of the themes was Magical Univeristy, like a Hogwarts-ish theme. I would LOVE IT. Like a mix of University + Makin Magic (not supernatural though)

Official description:
Join your fellow sorcerers at a school specializing in hexes, potions, and dragonology. Do you have the skills and commitment to gain the rank of Supreme Dragon Handler, or will you drop out and be stripped of your powers forever?

some things i would like too:
. Unlock magical objects as you progress through the classes, and use them to experiment with ingredients and learn spells!
. Discover the new magical ingredients, like plants, foods and crystals. Use the Poisoned Apple on your enemies or eat a Fruit Of Life to expand your days!
. Cast spells, prepare potions, and earn gifts like predicting the future of your friends! You can even gain simoleons doing that.
. Follow your sim on the classroom and choose how they will behave in the class!
. Do magical duels on your vacations and win magic prizes!
. Use the magic to greatly help your Sims life, or even ruin your neighbors house! But use your power with caution. Using it outside the university can cause the loss of your powers!
. Adopt magical animals including Dragon and Phoenixes, personalize them the way you want and get unique help with them.

any other suggestions?

Male. INFP. Virgo.

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Ahem, You called my dear? haha

I am not a Harry Potter Fan anymore, (I lost interest at the Prisoner of Azkaban). I'm more Once Upon a Time, Teen Wolf, Merlin.

But I think As a Game Pack, "Magic University" Would be great. An Enchanted (Sims Medieval) realm with a Castle on a Mountaintop (Editable to be a home btw) and a village neighborhood at the base of the castle. With 4 other neighborhoods that symbolize the different life states like a Fairy Glades. a hidden lot dungeon that contains the dormant dragon egg. and the choice to just live in this world. but only accessible by portal.

I think The Sims 4 Magic is Coming (see link in my Signature!) would make the best Expansion Pack to define supernaturals, magic and mythology, and Magic University Can Add that distant land they come from. and maybe Mortals who want to learn magic, can go.

I am on the wall about "Secrecy of Magic" however. it depends how powerful you are... No "Magic Council" should Limit my sim's abilities.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »

I am not a Harry Potter Fan anymore, (I lost interest at the Prisoner of Azkaban). I'm more Once Upon a Time, Teen Wolf, Merlin.

But I think As a Game Pack, "Magic University" Would be great. An Enchanted (Sims Medieval) realm with a Castle on a Mountaintop (Editable to be a home btw) and a village neighborhood at the base of the castle. With 4 other neighborhoods that symbolize the different life states like a Fairy Glades. a hidden lot dungeon that contains the dormant dragon egg. and the choice to just live in this world. but only accessible by portal.

I think The Sims 4 Magic is Coming (see link in my Signature!) would make the best Expansion Pack to define supernaturals, magic and mythology, and Magic University Can Add that distant land they come from. and maybe Mortals who want to learn magic, can go.

I am on the wall about "Secrecy of Magic" however. it depends how powerful you are... No "Magic Council" should Limit my sim's abilities.

oooo i'm a big fan of Once Upon a Time too!
    i saw your thread and thought it would be incredible but probably too "hard and expensive" for them :neutral:

Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

i saw your thread and thought it would be incredible but probably too "hard and expensive" for them :neutral:

Hard? maybe. Expensive? most likely, but worth every penny.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
    > @Osuperlegal said:
    > I remember the survey we got last year, and one of the themes was Magical Univeristy, like a Hogwarts-ish theme. I would LOVE IT. Like a mix of University + Makin Magic (not supernatural though)
    >
    > Official description:
    > Join your fellow sorcerers at a school specializing in hexes, potions, and dragonology. Do you have the skills and commitment to gain the rank of Supreme Dragon Handler, or will you drop out and be stripped of your powers forever?
    >
    > some things i would like too:
    > . Unlock magical objects as you progress through the classes, and use them to experiment with ingredients and learn spells!
    > . Discover the new magical ingredients, like plants, foods and crystals. Use the Poisoned Apple on your enemies or eat a Fruit Of Life to expand your days!
    > . Cast spells, prepare potions, and earn gifts like predicting the future of your friends! You can even gain simoleons doing that.
    > . Follow your sim on the classroom and choose how they will behave in the class!
    > . Do magical duels on your vacations and win magic prizes!
    > . Use the magic to greatly help your Sims life, or even ruin your neighbors house! But use your power with caution. Using it outside the university can cause the loss of your powers!
    > . Adopt magical animals including Dragon and Phoenixes, personalize them the way you want and get unique help with them.
    >
    > any other suggestions?

please read my post on dragons in the sims 4 and please comment.
    t0j4i8.jpg
  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member

Hard? maybe. Expensive? most likely, but worth every penny.

agreed

Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    keyendeekeyendee Posts: 66 Member
    I don't want that for me. the single university is fun, being single in a Sims 4 EP and we also need the supernatural ep.
    But that's just my Opinion. SOrry 'bout that.
  • Options
    KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    No, this kind of special interest EP should wait until there's more stuff for all sims to do in terms of activities and new lot types - like restaurants.
  • Options
    I don't want that for me. the single university is fun, being single in a Sims 4 EP and we also need the supernatural ep.
    But that's just my Opinion. SOrry 'bout that.

No they still would do the actual single University and "Supernatural" EP and also aMagic University EP/GP is just something extra I think well deserves.
    KevWalker wrote: »
    No, this kind of special interest EP should wait until there's more stuff for all sims to do in terms of activities and new lot types - like restaurants.

We all know, seasons, pets has to come before it, so transformation and weather spells can be possible. Like werewolves turning into actual wolves.

but once those two EPs are added we/I can start expecting Magic is Coming and Magic University.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    a Hogwarts ep!?!? DUHHHH who doesn't need that! We can relive our childhood dreams, can we even get letters in the mail saying we're accepted!?! I would juat melt. But I agree that wed need a university and making magic or something first unfortunately.
  • Options
    MLPTSMLPTS Posts: 461 Member
    I like this idea very much...
  • Options
    simsilversimsilver Posts: 562 Member
    edited May 2015
    Nope. Its still considered supernatural EP. Theres no such thing EP would focused on making magic only, and hogwarts? Duh. Its not natural and probably be low in requests. Wouldnt buy it.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    No I wouldn't, but again, if it's optional I don't see why you can't have it :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1