Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

mermaids! :D and boats!

mermaids definitely should be added back in with their own underwater world that you can access through a loading screen by *boating* off the lot into a load screen after finding some hints or seeing a mermaid when out on a secluded "lot" as in place you can boat in a neighborhood on the water

my idea for boating would be to have one separate world and multiple new "neighborhoods" that are actually just lots on water that may or may not include a dock
it works with it not being open world
by clicking on the boat you can travel different places

the separate world would be an underwater world only accessible by completing a task or meeting a mermaid something Im sure maxis will figure out if they took my ideas into consideration
This world would let mermaids SWIM freely around not just on the underwater roads
have buildings that look like something you would see in a fish tank and underwater caves
houses, shops, and even places to work
sims can only access in scuba gear if they don't have the mermaid kelp or are a mermaid themselves
if you zoom out enough in a neighborhood it gives you the option to return to surface and you are returned to your boat or dock.

Comments

• Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Mermaids? Sorry, I am not 4 years old anymore. No thanks.

Boats? Same as any other vehicle: absolutly useless in a closed world since every sim has the ability to teleport.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    But what if you want to start playing from the merfolk perspective?
    I like what you're saying about humans finding the underwater world, however it also sounds like, humans have to find the mer- world in order to unlock the mer- content.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,408 Member
    edited April 2015

Boats? Same as any other vehicle: absolutly useless in a closed world since every sim has the ability to teleport.
    Most of us are adults but we still want mermaids and boats. TS3 Island Paradise had both.

Just cause we can only teleport now doesn't mean we won't have boats and cars in the future. TS2 had cars and it was a closed world.
  • Options
    jesse40jesse40 Posts: 381 Member
    edited April 2015

although I hate to return rudeness to a rude comment, I must say your picture says otherwise
    plenty of adults like the addition of mermaids and let's not forget not only adults play this game
    Island Paradise for Sims 3 was the first expansion to introduce them

• Options
    GalantisGalantis Posts: 7 New Member
    I just hope for the love of gawd that mermaids do a lot more than eat kelp and step around. I want them to have more powers and abilities. Other occult life styles aside from plant sims have powers and mermaids just swim around like goldfish. I hope things are a lot different this time around.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I love mermaids. I would love for them and houseboats to return again. I really would love an Atlantis world in which mermaids could live in underwater lots.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    MLPTSMLPTS Posts: 461 Member
    Mermaids are like the most fab thing!!!
    (Other than mah banana)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    MLPTS wrote: »
    Mermaids are like the most fab thing!!!
    (Other than mah banana)

Wut......?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1