Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Elite families, butlers and cooks, and ability to individualize funds

choowychoowy Posts: 13 New Member
I like creating rich families but I'd like it if I could individualize money so that each sims has their own share of the household funds. For example, the dad would have 500000 but the child would only have 500 since he's a child. Also, it'd be nice if the politician careers was brought back.

Comments

• Options
    cesankowski93cesankowski93 Posts: 13 New Member
    Awesome idea! Deserves more support!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'd like to see the ability to individualize funds too, but available to all families -- children could have a "piggy bank" where you can click on it and add money from household account. Teens should be able to have savings accounts where they can put any money they earn: part-time jobs, selling paintings/books/collectibles. That money could be taken with them to use at University (when we get that pack) or when they move out on their own in addition to the starting amount (18K or whatever) all Sims get for their first household. Money could be added from household funds, or if needed transferred to household funds to cover bills. Right now it makes no sense for teens to get a part-time job unless you're playing a really poor family -- it would give more incentive to try that out if the teens could take that money with them, and maybe they'll be able to get a better house when they move out on their own.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    ..children could have a "piggy bank".... Teens should be able to have savings accounts where they can put any money they earn: ... Right now it makes no sense for teens to get a part-time job unless you're playing a really poor family -- it would give more incentive to try that out if the teens could take that money with them, and maybe they'll be able to get a better house when they move out on their own.
    I would love this! I already try to make it so my teens have to purchase things like easels, a better bed, instruments, etc from the money they earn. I try to do it a bit with children giving them an allowance. This would make it so much easier, better and able to be used for wider application (like saving for a house which is too much hassle as it is now). I pretty much always play poor families, or grown children of poor parents who want their own kids to learn the value of money.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I am adding my voice to this idea. Allowing individual Sims to have control over their own money would make a world of difference to the gameplay
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,762 Member
    Maybe could you expand and what you mean by butlers do you mean the kind from Apartment Life and Sims 3: NightLife?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    shan_26shan_26 Posts: 951 Member
    Oh boy were the butlers in TS3 bugged, a lot of tuning needs to be before they return. Cooking needs to be changed where we can ask him/her to cook. The butler used to cook when one SIM was hungry then call the whole family to eat and sims would get fat. Then they would harrass the pets,babies, and toddlers non-stop. And while the house is filthy and you try and hire a maid to help out , they would just dismiss them. "I'm more than enough to clean the house." Ugh, I would be staring at the computer like "the house is trashed, you do need help." Lol, Most people with butlers have maids as well.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    shan_26 wrote: »
    Oh boy were the butlers in TS3 bugged, a lot of tuning needs to be before they return. Cooking needs to be changed where we can ask him/her to cook. The butler used to cook when one SIM was hungry then call the whole family to eat and sims would get fat. Then they would harrass the pets,babies, and toddlers non-stop. And while the house is filthy and you try and hire a maid to help out , they would just dismiss them. "I'm more than enough to clean the house." Ugh, I would be staring at the computer like "the house is trashed, you do need help." Lol, Most people with butlers have maids as well.

I think we could turn the the butler NPC into a lot of different servant jobs:

Butler-answer doors/check on nectar supply (once we get nectar)-head of male servants
    Housekeeper-head of the female servants
    maids-(both the above jobs can be disquaifled if the family only had enough money for a maid of all work) but other wise you could have about 3-4 live in maids with different jobs
    cook-discuss meals (especially parties) with the mistress of the house for the family
    I would also included Valet/laddies' maid but we don't really need them now do we?
    footman-serves food at parties

Nurse, Nanny (and maybe also a governess)-for the children

ah of these will be NPC live-ins.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    shan_26shan_26 Posts: 951 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

Butler-answer doors/check on nectar supply (once we get nectar)-head of male servants
    maids-(both the above jobs can be disquaifled if the family only had enough money for a maid of all work) but other wise you could have about 3-4 live in maids with different jobs
    cook-discuss meals (especially parties) with the mistress of the house for the family
    I would also included Valet/laddies' maid but we don't really need them now do we?

Oh, good idea i would love a live in nanny.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »

Oh, good idea i would love a live in nanny.

You're welecome
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MillerFlameMillerFlame Posts: 21 New Member
    love the idea of individualized funds!