Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I like the expansion pact but

I am getting extremely frustrated with one Sim career breaking after another. What I mean is I started the detective career and it worked fine until one day it stopped having sims come in to get reports from. Then no prisoners in the cells. Finally first my Col was able to capture the crook but he never came back to the station with me. I could catch him over and over but he just never came back. So I retired her and played another Sim to detective and the same thing. The crook won't come back with her.

Ok, on to the science career. I managed to max this sim out but it was difficult because often only one of three of her tasks were doable towards the end. How am I going to talk to tourist if there are no tourist to talk too? Then when they do show up the option that they want me to interact with them never shows up.

Finally, I had tons of problems with the doctor career. It seems a certain mod was messing it up. Removed the mod and the career is working fine. Until now. Please tell me how am I suppose to introduce myself to new patients when there are no new patients? Worse, how am I to refer a patient to a doctor when I am the only one that has shown up to work?

I don't know,it just seems one career breaks after another for me. becoming nothing but a waist of time to even attempt a career any more.

Comments

• Options
    DrnSimmerDrnSimmer Posts: 473 Member
    edited April 2015
    Hii,

So I have had some of the same issues as you.

For the detective career
    1. I found one day i went to work and there were no prisoners in the cell. So i just did other tasks. A day or two later when i arrived at work there were different prisoners in the cell.
    2. As far as the problem of arresting a sim and them not coming back to the station with you, I found what seemed to work for me was the third time i issued the APB (after failing the first 2 times) I first gave the sim a rude introduction so they knew each other then i arrested them. And upon arriving back at the station the suspect was there with me.

For the Scientist career
    Now I'm pretty sure this should work unless you've already tried it. But if it asks you to interact with a tourist on a day that they have not invaded your building there is a spot on the lot (a little park with picnic tables and grills, it's by a road) where sims gather and hangout. I'm pretty sure these sims are aliens in disguise and you can speak with them to complete these tasks.

Unfortunately I have no input on the doctor career as I have not tried it for myself yet.

I hope some of this helps. If anything it may be a temporary fix..
    TszwvJw.png
  • Options
    BokimbolBokimbol Posts: 503 Member
    Thank you so much for the tips. The frustrating part for me is, why does everything work fine for a long long time, then for no reason at all these glitches show up? With the Science career, she is maxed out so I don't really need to do anything more but I will start another Sim down that career and I will keep that in mind.

The detective career, yes, the prisoners did show back up after awhile and I was able to continue. But then the police stop showing up. All but the Chief that is. I will give your idea a try when I play again. Just annoying that the game is so buggy. It's a game in itself to make the game work despite itself.

I don't even want to tell you what I went through the past week trying to get the game to stop crashing every time I saved. And not being able to delete anything from my 5 oldest Sims inventory. This past week I have spent way more time trying to fix something than actually playing. The last thing I want to struggle with is a new problem with the careers. And just when I felt comfortable again about the saves problem, it just crashed for no reason in game. And of course my last save was like 2 hours ago. Argh!

But thanks again for the tips.
  • Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    I'm having the same problem with the doctor not showing up and I have no mods or cc.
    heartstopper-couple.gif