Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which store world is the best buy?

Hi, I've been saving up my store points and am now considering purchasing a world. I like the look of Hidden Springs, Midnight Hollow and Sunlit Tides. I also love Italy so Monte Vista appeals to me, although I understand you cannot use points to get it. My question is are any of these worlds worth it (over venues and CAS store items) and if so which one do you think is the best? Which has the best content, attractive premade sims and importantly doesn't tend to lag too much?

I have Ambitions, Supernatural, Late Night, Generations, Pets and Seasons EPs. I also own Sims 4 although I have yet to really play it.

Comments

• Options
    kiwisimmingkiwisimming Posts: 16 New Member
    Personally I love Sunlit Tides! I love the spa equipment that comes with the world and I just love beachy vibes, and since Isla Paradiso of Island Paradise is so glitchy it's kind of my go-to world when that's the kind of thing I'm feeling.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    sunlit tides is nice. I also like Lucky palms its huge and flat easy to build on. Dragon Valley is really nice but its small. Love the build objects in it. Roaring Heights is my favorite and has good premade sims but I believe you can't buy that with sim points. I don't own midnight hollow but I hear the world lighting is very dark
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited April 2015
    Maybe take a look at what you get with those worlds and get the one that gives you more stuff with it?

I like all the store worlds for different reasons and dislike them all for different reasons, lol.

Sunlit Tides is nice but it can be very limiting in game play and some people find the layout confusing and annoying. I find it to beautiful and it is a world I often play.

Dragon Valley is small but it is also the smoothest running EA world with no lag or issues. I often play this world, as well.

Since you don't have Island Paradise (right) then maybe Sunlit Tides isn't the best choice since it works better with IP (you can make it an alternative to that world by adding dive lots and ports).

I don't like Monte Vista. I think it would be a great world for somebody wanting to play a nectar growing or to turn it into a horse town. There are tons of big lots and if you are willing to demolish and rebuild? It could easily be turned into a farming/vineyards/horse ranch world.

I'm not a fan of Roaring Heights. I find the builds hideous and demolish the entire world. I also find that it lags more than any other world that I play. I don't normally have lag issues (not even in IP). I do think it's a beautiful world and if I could figure out what causes all that lagging after a few Sim weeks? I would play it more.

If you prefer green worlds, then I wouldn't get Lucky Palms. I like green and that world depresses me after awhile. I do love how easy it is to build on it and wish it was just a little greener and perhaps only the other side of the highway had been the sandy part.

Anyways....I think you might be really happy with Dragon Valley or Sunlit Tides. Dragon Valley has some very attractive Sims living in it (once you change their skin color and get rid of the mullets and rat tails on the guys). Sunlit Tides? Hmm...the Sims are rather homely and ugly looking, IMO. Also, that world is a vacation world so I've found that if you are not using mods that it tends to be very slow paced and inactive for the most part.

ETA:

Hidden Springs - there are some decent looking Sims in it and the venues are good. Also, many people love the Vanderburgs and Liam lives there (another favorite of many people). I don't like it because the water looks like sludge on the corners when in world view, lol. I have played in that world many times though so obviously it doesn't bother me all that much. It is also one of the prettiest worlds in the winter. Send you Sim to the top of the overlook and look at the rainbows in the snow over the town. Gorgeous!

Yeah...I don't know what to tell you. I think you would be happy with either Dragon Valley, Sunlit Tides, or Hidden Springs. BTW...I got Hidden Springs and Monte Vista in a disc at Target for really cheap. Check there first, you could get both for under $10 and use your points for another world.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Sunlit Tides is awesome I played it with no lag AND it's on the Daily Deal rotation for 1100 points sometime in May toward the end of the rotation. There a list on the forum of the day to day listing for the DD. Just do a search and it will come up. The best deal for a store world out there- hands down. If Origin has a 50% off sale the Monte Vista/ Hidden Springs set for ten dollars is fantastic! You can't use points BUT it's a great deal!
  • Options
    Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    I'd like to cast my vote for Monte Vista, myself. It's absolutely gorgeous.

Plus, old Italy, man!