Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alien Pregnancy not working?

Simlish20Simlish20 Posts: 2 New Member
I have a male sim who was abducted by aliens. He isn't pregnant at all though, and it has been a whole sim week at least. I have tried to get him re-abducted, but 'contact aliens' either doesn't have any effect, make aliens visit the house or makes him chat on the phone to an alien. (He is a scientist, btw.)

Help! What can I do?

Comments

• Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Simlish20 wrote: »
    I have a male sim who was abducted by aliens. He isn't pregnant at all though, and it has been a whole sim week at least. I have tried to get him re-abducted, but 'contact aliens' either doesn't have any effect, make aliens visit the house or makes him chat on the phone to an alien. (He is a scientist, btw.)

Help! What can I do?

It took me some while to finally get abducted and the first abduction I got happened to be the one to give me an Alien baby! It is working but I guess with the last patch the chances are lowered. You need to contact them every evening before it turns dark. It could happen that you also get a visit from Aliens after contacting them. If you know at least one disguised Alien, it will boost your chances for abductions
  • Options
    Simlish20Simlish20 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited April 2015
    > @Cyph86 said:
    > It took me some while to finally get abducted and the first abduction I got happened to be the one to give me an Alien baby! It is working but I guess with the last patch the chances are lowered. You need to contact them every evening before it turns dark. It could happen that you also get a visit from Aliens after contacting them. If you know at least one disguised Alien, it will boost your chances for abductions

Thanks! I'll keep on trying...
  • Options
    emochild67emochild67 Posts: 120 Member
    You're out of luck. They ruined the entire game play of those who rarely get abducted, because it was easier to lower the rate abductions than to add a simple option to adjust how often it happens.
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited April 2015
    Yep, now there is only a 25% chance of getting pregnant after an abduction... which they also lowered the chance of happening. They also conveniently didn't give players any sort of cheats to help out with this now that they've completely obliterated the alien abduction/pregnancy gameplay.

I mean, I don't know, but would it have actually been that difficult to give players an option to allow or disallow alien abductions??? Because that would have been a much better solution than lowering the chance of everything. I mean, come on they could have at least just lowered the chance of abduction without also making it near impossible to get pregnant, especially considering that after the alien baby is born you do have an option right on the bassinet to send the baby back to its homeworld.
  • Options
    Nancy01905Nancy01905 Posts: 3,929 Member
    i have a male that got abducted and it didnt work but his son is expecting. EA should have made so we can click on/off for aliens like they did in TS3 Supernaturals
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    Thank you Sims team!! :p
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    Simlish20 wrote: »

Help! What can I do?

During the Meet & Greet visit from aliens, your sim must discover the alien trait of at least two or three of the aliens--depending on how many come along. If just two come along, talking with one long enough to discover they're an alien will most likely result in an abduction that night. I had one Meet & Greet with five aliens and my girl was quite sociable, and cornered them all into a group conversation. That enabled her to discover all of the aliens and when the last one said goodnight, my girl got abducted even though it was after 4 am!!

Your guy will need to continue using the Satellite every day to contact aliens until you succeed in getting abducted. Pause the game as soon as your guy is going to investigate the lights. Save the game at that point so you can reload if he doesn't get pregnant. However, it would seem that it's easier to create aliens in CAS and breed them to make alien babies, since the developers nerfed the pregnancy chance on abductions.

OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    @enkeli63 I really love the avatar of your alien, she looks so beautiful, almost angelic like! :smile: When my baby boy gets bigger I will make an avatar just for him. Or maybe even now as a baby and then just update it each time!
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    Cyph86 wrote: »
    @enkeli63 I really love the avatar of your alien, she looks so beautiful, almost angelic like! :smile: When my baby boy gets bigger I will make an avatar just for him. Or maybe even now as a baby and then just update it each time!

@Cyph86, Thanks! This is my CAS alien made to replace the one I'd made with the base game blue skin and cc eyes--I had the cc version of her as my avatar before and she was a hidden character planned for the second "season" of the sci-fi story I'm working on right now. I love these new aliens we got in Sims 4. They're the best sim aliens yet!!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.