Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to access the pictures your sims take outside of the game? *Solved...kinda*

SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
Like is there a folder somewhere I'm not seeing?
Post edited by SuicidalSpiders on

Comments

• Options
    BevTweetyBevTweety Posts: 116 Member
    I would like to know if this is possible also. I remember with sims 2 you could paint anything even your own family pics. It would be so neat if you could do this.
  • Options
    lord_hurlord_hur Posts: 1 New Member
    +1. That alone would make me buy this extension.
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    To be clear, you don't mean your screenshots which is documents>>electronic arts>>sims 4>> screenshots, you mean like when a sim takes a selfie? That is a really good question, because the patch is messing up my sims photos.
  • Options
    BevTweetyBevTweety Posts: 116 Member
    Yeah documents/electronic arts/sims4/screenshots, these and your own pictures. I use to have pics of my RL kids and grandkids in my game also
  • Options
    natjadebabenatjadebabe Posts: 148 Member
    I don't think we can access their selfie's outside the game I've tried looking because they'd make some pretty cool profile pictures :p
  • Options
    To be clear, you don't mean your screenshots which is documents>>electronic arts>>sims 4>> screenshots, you mean like when a sim takes a selfie? That is a really good question, because the patch is messing up my sims photos.

Not the screenshots you take by pressing the 'C' key. I'm talking about the ones your Sims take with the new cameras.

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Prt Screen.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    BevTweety wrote: »
    I would like to know if this is possible also. I remember with sims 2 you could paint anything even your own family pics. It would be so neat if you could do this.

We can do this now. It's called paint from reference. Your sim needs to be a level 3 or 4 painting. This came with the March Patch.

• Options
    SimfuncrunchSimfuncrunch Posts: 513 Member
    edited April 2015
    BevTweety wrote: »

We can do this now. It's called paint from reference. Your sim needs to be a level 3 or 4 painting. This came with the March Patch.

They meant painting your real-life family pix, taken in real life and then painted in the game, which you could do in Sims 2. Paint from reference in Sims 4 is for painting scenes within the game (and only within view of the easel).
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    Hmm The selfies and pics I think you can add to your memories (is an option, it asks would you like to add to memory of people in your family?). I think it would then appear in screenshots. Because I know you can use the screenshots to be added as memory. The memory of sims (emotion etc) comes from the screenshot choices. So maybe that is how? I didn't try though. Will check later!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    Hmm The selfies and pics I think you can add to your memories (is an option, it asks would you like to add to memory of people in your family?). I think it would then appear in screenshots. Because I know you can use the screenshots to be added as memory. The memory of sims (emotion etc) comes from the screenshot choices. So maybe that is how? I didn't try though. Will check later!

Ok, so I added them to my Sim's memories and they showed up in a folder in My Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4>Saves>Scratch. But they're really small. :/

2i8xes4.jpg

Here's a pic my sim took with the most expensive camera on the largest photo setting. :/