Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help Setting Up For my Story (Detective and Criminal)

So...I want to work on a Sim Story about an ex-con getting a second chance. But before I get to that part of the story, I want him in prison. Anyway, I've built my prison and have it set. Buuut, I want to get the arrest and the mug shot for my pictures. Now I made not only my criminal, but also a Sim to play as a detective to arrest him. I placed them in two separate households. Is there anyway I can make sure the odds are in my favor for my "criminal" to be the suspec of a crime? I tried testingcheats to see if the debug for arrest would work...but it doesn't have my sim arresting who I want him to arrest. Doesn't do anything but give clues. UHG.

This is actually going to follow the lives of like three-six sims, and the detective is one, the criminal is another, and I haven't decided the other sims to follow for my story. But I want to get the pictures for the criminal part of my story. He's starting the story out.

Comments

• Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    I would recommend you use a test town to do this part of the pictures. Put in 10 to 20 copies of your sim, some in houses and some homeless. Delete all the townies in homes and homeless, so it's just your detective and criminal clones. The game will generate some other townies of course, but that will severely boost your odds of getting the arrest screenshot you need. If it's in public and there are clones visible, make sure you arrest the right one in a good spot for your pictures ;)

Good luck, and please share your story when you're ready! I love stories that writers work so hard at because the effort always shows!!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.