Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Relativity for TS4. Possible?

SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
There's one at Mod the Sims but it doesn't get as much recognition for some reason. If anyone can tell me why I'd appreciate it.
I haven't tested it myself so I can't really say much about it except that it's not simple to install (I tried, but nothing changed in my game).

I'm just surprised that such a favored mod is not being discussed and is not as popular in TS4 as it was in TS3.
Is there a reason for this?

Comments

• Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited April 2015
    o,O That's interesting to know. I'm always snooping around there now to find mods for this game and I hadn't seen it.

Atm I'm using Story progression, door locking, no free food, and no flirty/enchanting introductions.

Thanks for mentioning the mod, I went to find it.

For anyone else curious:
    http://modthesims.info/d/533026

Also, speaking of mods. Deaderpool's story progression mod can completely destroy relations from the friend's list as well as family ties. (Helpful for infidelity relationships or wanting to get rid of family members. - feature)

((Also it doesn't mess with active households unless you want it to.))
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    @Ayumap
    No problem, but be careful and read the comment section. Many say it's buggy since GTW released.
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited April 2015
    Aw, I seen that it was updated for GTW and I got excited. I'll take a look at the comments indeed. Thanks for the warning. :)

Edit: I think I'll have to check on it again later once it's been updated. The comments seem to say it's causing some issues for the time being but the creator posted on the 9th that they were working on an update. :)
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    I was very excited to see that one a while back and tried using it. It did slow down my game time but the Sims' actions still took the same amount of time as well, so it didn't make a difference in the end, just some insanely long showers. I assumed I was doing it wrong and never got around to trying it again. I may go take another look and see what's up.
  • Options
    @mortia
    Yes I think this could be a reason why it's not as popular as NRASS Relativity.
    If we can't get more done in one day then what's the point?
    Yet some of the comments raise praise for the mod, saying it's near indispensable. So the question remains.
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    @mortia
    Yes I think this could be a reason why it's not as popular as NRASS Relativity.
    If we can't get more done in one day then what's the point?
    Yet some of the comments raise praise for the mod, saying it's near indispensable. So the question remains.

Yes, I've seen those comments too which is why I was confused and assumed I messed up :p. I might try it again someday if I ever get into playing again and see if I can make it work.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    mortia wrote: »
    I was very excited to see that one a while back and tried using it. It did slow down my game time but the Sims' actions still took the same amount of time as well, so it didn't make a difference in the end, just some insanely long showers. I assumed I was doing it wrong and never got around to trying it again. I may go take another look and see what's up.
    i aways used him and not was really bad, the problem is which you can't adjust too much time like the best configuration is between 3 to 10 seconds(for each minute in game take 3 to 10 seconds in real life) the mod not really great increas like 100& but close then if you set a long time then you really hget a long time.

he is also good for you can chat with others sims and do others "instant actions", you really gain a lot of time in game with him, you just can't set it to too long times.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    he is also good for you can chat with others sims and do others "instant actions", you really gain a lot of time in game with him, you just can't set it to too long times.
    Ah yes. That's a good point, thank you for bringing it up.

I wonder if the long actions can be fixed so they don't scale with the time stretch.
    Maybe someone with knowledge in programming can answer this one. Maybe NRASS had a better code to work with.

• Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    Ah yes. That's a good point, thank you for bringing it up.

I wonder if the long actions can be fixed so they don't scale with the time stretch.
    Maybe someone with knowledge in programming can answer this one. Maybe NRASS had a better code to work with.

yeah even with not instants you get a little gain, like ir a shower action normally take let's say 20 minutes in game and you use the mod to make the game more like 50% more slow, then the shower not gonna take the same 20 he will ending taking like 15 to 18 minutes ingame which in real life time could be like 30 to 36 seconds a little less than the 40s(by double rules) you get little gains, but they are only noticiable if you dont make the game take too much time that is why the best configurations is between 3 to 10s per minute, for the best is between 4 to 5 seconds, the long actions dont take too long and you gain enough time to do many others things, many of the partys or social events i can easy make all the tasks and still left with a lot of time to slack off or do others things before the time end.

but we really need something like nrass relative which is really awesome.

have a configuration for the flow of time in game is something which sims is really laking that old rules of for each in game minute take 1second in real life is really annoying, i can't proper chat with others syms and see the time goes wild and lose all one day too much fast.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif