Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Notebook?

In the March patch notes it says:
We have added a Notebook, found in the phone menu, under a tiny button at the top of the menu (we tried to make the button even smaller, but some folks wanted you to find this new feature).
Now as your Sim is gardening or fishing and they make discoveries (such as splicing recipes, or what bait caught what fish) these discoveries will be catalogued in your Notebook.

Has this actually worked for anyone? I have a gardener who has spliced a number of things since the patch, but the notebook remains blank.

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    yeah it never recorded anything.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    I second the above post.
  • Options
    TigresslullabyTigresslullaby Posts: 94 Member
    I've really only seen it work with the new careers. It's helpful with them, but I haven't seen it work with my gardener
    Origin id: DontBlink21

=] Happy Simming!
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I don't have GTW. Wonder if one must have it in order for it to work? Hmm. It would be rather silly of EA to add something with a patch that could only be used with an EP, but then, they've done silly things before.
  • Options
    TigresslullabyTigresslullaby Posts: 94 Member
    Pretty sure it was made for the EP and everything else was an after thought.
    Origin id: DontBlink21

=] Happy Simming!
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    It only works with the ep. I have the ep and it works fine for meh.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    Okay. It's settled, then. It was very silly of them to add an EP feature using a patch for people who only have the base game. They should at least have explained that in the patch notes. Why load us up with features we cannot use? Surely they are not so smug that they believe we will all buy all the EPs, or that we will all buy them the moment they come out. Bleh.
  • Options
    xdominicanboyxxdominicanboyx Posts: 71 Member
    Thank you so much.
  • Options
    smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Not to be too different, but between the patch and when I got the EP, my notebook recorded some splices and fishing finds just fine. Since I got the EP, I've mostly been focusing on my detective, who doesn't do either of those other two things (yet), but it does record her current case's clues.
  • Options
    Sims3And4AreFabbSims3And4AreFabb Posts: 215 Member
    It helps in the detective career. I have a sim in the career and when finding a suspect all the clue you have transfer to there:)
    k36kqq.jpg
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    Okay. It's settled, then. It was very silly of them to add an EP feature using a patch for people who only have the base game. They should at least have explained that in the patch notes. Why load us up with features we cannot use? Surely they are not so smug that they believe we will all buy all the EPs, or that we will all buy them the moment they come out. Bleh.
    Not every1 likes every ep so most ppl won't get them all.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    The notebook doesn't just work with the EP. It works with Gardening and Fishing but it won't record everything you do. Only things you do that discover something. In order to get a Cowplant Berry through Gardening you have to graft certain things. My notebook recorded this. To catch a Batfish easier then you have to use a frog as bait. My notebook recorded this. Everything that is not the scientist career on my notbook is all base game related to Gardening and Fishing. If you have done these things in the past before the notebook got patched in then you will not see them listed.

17138545315_8842b8381a_o.png
    16516120114_661e357857_o.png
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    The notebook doesn't just work with the EP. It works with Gardening and Fishing but it won't record everything you do. Only things you do that discover something. In order to get a Cowplant Berry through Gardening you have to graft certain things. My notebook recorded this. To catch a Batfish easier then you have to use a frog as bait. My notebook recorded this. Everything that is not the scientist career on my notbook is all base game related to Gardening and Fishing. If you have done these things in the past before the notebook got patched in then you will not see them listed.

Ooooo! Thanks for showing us your notebook! Now I know what to use to get a batfish! LOL :D But let me ask you this.... Did your sim try fishing in ALL of the spots in all of the worlds and in Granite Falls (provided you have OR)? Cos in Magnolia Promenade, I have only found ONE spot that you can go fishing at. And the harvestables? They hardly show up at all. But, I only (like a few sim days ago) just started having my sim actually live there. I know I haven't seen any rocks that you can use the "dig" option on, either.

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited April 2015
    @MsPrissy88 This sim has not fished in Magnolia Promenade or Granite Falls yet. I looked up Carls guide on Gardening and Fishing to find everything. http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/

The game doesn't spawn things randomly. They all have assigned spots kind of. Like apples, lemons, strawberries, mushrooms, etc will always be in the same spot. Collectables spawn in groups at certain spots. It could be all fossils in that spot until a sim collects them and then the spot could change to metals and crystals. Fish like to stick to certain areas as well.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options

Thanks. The things I spliced just made hybrids (like a carrot-spinach plant), so I guess that's why it didn't record it. Makes sense now.
  • Options
    SimsdxSimsdx Posts: 210 Member
    Oh, I was confused as well, thanks for the thread. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.