Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

grieving

how do i get my sims to quit going to the tombstone and mourn. it has been way over a sims week and they still do it, how do i get them to stop?

Comments

• Options
    melslittleworldmelslittleworld Posts: 399 Member
    Destroy it.. only way it worked for me.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Could you put it in the middle of a room with no doors, instead of destroying it?
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Could you put it in the middle of a room with no doors, instead of destroying it?

hmmm basement mausoleum maybe

Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    I saw an LP where someone enclosed it in a fence and the sim just stood outside the fence to mourn.

One of my sims kept doing it, and I later moved her into another household, and when she comes by the household with the tombstone to visit - she goes outside and mourns. STILL!
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    I saw an LP ...
    What's a LP?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    mikmaker wrote: »
    What's a LP?

Let's Play

Edited to add quote

• Options
    mariepeek28mariepeek28 Posts: 172 Member
    I saw an LP where someone enclosed it in a fence and the sim just stood outside the fence to mourn.

One of my sims kept doing it, and I later moved her into another household, and when she comes by the household with the tombstone to visit - she goes outside and mourns. STILL!

man thats so annoying
  • Options
    SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    I had that same issue - my sim kept going outside and grieving, which brought a sad moodlet. It was so frustrating. I just put my tombstones in my inventory and that seemed to help
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    man thats so annoying

Yeah, not so much since I moved her to another household that I don't really rotate play to very often. I refuse to delete the ghost, because this game started as the "Breed Out the Ugly" challenge, and I like when she comes by to visit, because she is the ugly matriarch of the family and it's nice to see how far they have come along in the challenge. The ghost of Brunhilda met her great granddaughter the other night. :D

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I used a mod to kill one of my Sims by laughter (I couldn't get him to take the cake from the cow plant but he was really dragging the household down because of his Evil and Mean traits), and the surviving Sims would go outside and laugh at his tombstone! Considering what a pain he was in life (he was enemies with his twin sister and disliked by his father, and his sister's and father's relationship drastically improved after he died), I thought it was extremely appropriate. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    I used a mod to kill one of my Sims by laughter (I couldn't get him to take the cake from the cow plant but he was really dragging the household down because of his Evil and Mean traits), and the surviving Sims would go outside and laugh at his tombstone! Considering what a pain he was in life (he was enemies with his twin sister and disliked by his father, and his sister's and father's relationship drastically improved after he died), I thought it was extremely appropriate. B)

Oh, that is excellent! I'd love to see some pics or a vid of that. :D

• Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    It seems like once they get rid of the sad moodlet, they stop going to the tombstones to mourn.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    It seems like once they get rid of the sad moodlet, they stop going to the tombstones to mourn.
    Unfortunately no :s

I had a sim who kept going to her husbands tombstone to mourn (even after it was fenced off) every other (sim) hour even when she had happy/playful/inspired/... moodlets. Oddly she wasn't at her husbands grave when she faded.

Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Put the tombstone in family inventory. That will stop Sims from going to it and mourning.
  • Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    My sims girlfriend would come over and mourn over his dad which made no sense at all because she never even met him. I think she just wanted an excuse to be sad.
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    kawaiinicolekawaiinicole Posts: 73 Member
    Other than "hiding" the tombstone from them on another lot or in their inventory, I used a mod from ModtheSims to stop them from mourning so. The family oriented sims mourn the most :neutral: