Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hiring a specific Sim/Townie

Okay, so I own a retail business and [b] I want to employ a specific Sim who's not in my main household[/b], but belongs to one of the other households currently in my game. I've tried this method (which worked for The Sims 3 when managing my resort workers). I employ a random worker, then use cheats "testingcheats on" and "edit.fullcasmode". I shift click on my worker and go to "edit in CAS". There, I have my Sim friend (the one who I want to employ) already saved in my gallery. I try exchanging that Sim with my worker. And this is where I'm stuck at.. there's no option to replace my worker with that Sim, only to add the Sim to my worker's household.

If anyone could suggest a fix or another method of doing it, it would be extremely helpful!
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    TheRealSimzFanatikTheRealSimzFanatik Posts: 118 Member
    I thought I read somewhere that you could temp add the worker to your household and then just call them into work with you. Doesn't really seem to be the best option but it would be a way I guess. Maybe they will add that option to hire whoever you want at a later date, you should put it in one of the suggestion/wish threads!
  • Options
    Aeriagloris89Aeriagloris89 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited April 2015
    Glad to see that I'm not the only one with this question!! Haha. I recently decided to make a single young adult sim, cheat-max out her retail related skills, and then went back to my sim that owns a bakery and check to see if she could hire her. Nope. :( I thought maybe that might have done it, because it would look for the skills, but apparently I'm wrong -flails helplessly- I hope they fix this because it defeats the purpose when you force add them to household.

The only way I can see them really fixing this would be to add retail employee as an actual job? Maybe part of the active jobs or something? I dunno. Kinda sounded good in my head before I started typing.

{{EDIT:: Ok so not even half an hour later I check the employee listing again and find the sim that I mentioned before! Maybe try what I have? ;P }}
    Post edited by Aeriagloris89 on