Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA: Alien R@ping Must Stop. An Option Please!! [Fixed] Thxs EA

Comments

• Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Hey EA, remember these shirts?
    04-06-15_3-54nbspPM_zpsryaqkncr.png

And do you recall the message behind those shirts?
    itsonus_zpstejhjbrq.png

So, are our controlled sims being forced into non-consensual woohoo?

Can you identify the situation in which our sims are being forced into non-consensual woohoo?

Will there be intervention where consent has not or can not be given?

Can we have an environment for our sims where non-consensual woohoo is unacceptable? Can we get your support?

I still adore the way you think!!!!

kim :)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2015
    Scobre wrote: »
    I think the Sims need a birth control potion and a potion to turn aliens into humans since the turn off option isn't going to be provided for the Sims 4 according to Gurus.

Where did the Gurus say they wouldn't provide the turn off option? I'd be interested in hearing what they've said about the subject, as they seem to be silent in all the threads I've found.
    It was at an Ask the Guru Session a few weeks ago. I forgot how to find old ask sessions to pull it up. I think old ones get deleted now. Sorry I don't have the source anymore. Basically Gurus said there would be no option to turn aliens off and no plans of adding one. So why I want the potion idea to be done since the game already has potions. But despite what was said, I still want options for Simmers.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    waterandorangeswaterandoranges Posts: 8 New Member
    Yeah, this is just terrible. One of my favorite Sims got pregnant now, and he has a wife and three kids, which is already a really uncomfortably full house. Trying to marry out the kids at this point...but this abduction was horrible and it has me so upset that I don't want to keep playing the game AT ALL. I think I might delete his Sim, which is a shame because I've done a lot with him. The only problem with that is I'm now too paranoid about my other Sims, for instance my Dean Winchester and Cas couple who have most of their skills maxed and over $2mil saved up, getting abducted and pregnant. I'm too scared to play my favorite households >( I'm too paranoid to keep playing the game!!
    I'm considering removing the expansion pack, if that's even possible, but I enjoy the photography and baking skills -so- much that it would break my heart to get rid of it. However, the fact that all of my Sims are always CONSTANTLY GETTING SICK also frustrates me, so...I don't know what to do :/
  • Options
    tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    edited April 2015
    So we need the 'tin foil hat' option for the entire house. Maybe a pair of gnomes for the garden, alien gnome for the 'I believe' group, and tin foil hat gnome for the 'et go home' group. Problem solved! :)

...on that subject, one of my sims got strange red tiger stripes all over her body and when she was abducted the stripes went away... Illness or conspiracy? :*
  • Options
    waterandorangeswaterandoranges Posts: 8 New Member
    > @tommynocker001 said:
    > So we need the 'tin foil hat' option for the entire house. Maybe a pair of gnomes for the garden, alien gnome for the 'I believe' group, and tin foil hat gnome for the 'et go home' group. Problem solved!
    >
    > ...on that subject, one of my sims got strange red tiger stripes all over her body and when she was abducted the stripes went away... Illness or conspiracy?

Vein-like stripes? I had that and it was just an illness.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited April 2015
    edit :
    i didn't play the scientist career ... so a correction

the satellite dish can be made at the level 4 the scientist career
    & cannot be bought via the cheat cause it's not a career reward but a sim made object

satelites prevent homes from alien abduction i guess, so
    you could make a retail shop selling the satelites, that way it would be at least within the game's options

there are reward satellites through the criminal & agent career, but don't know if those help against aliens

& for the impatient
    if you don't have a maxed out scientist yet are the satelites available via the bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement cheat

illnesses are being cured by medicine, an drugstore as a shop could be possible to make it more game
    & i suppose we can expect a mod soon, which makes sims immune to all sorts of illness

here's the hope, that maybe the devs were this time genious & made the active sims more immune to illness,
    would make sense

Post edited by Rukola_Schaaf on
    i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    GoodFairyGoodFairy Posts: 205 Member

itsonus_zpstejhjbrq.png

Can you identify the situation in which our sims are being forced into non-consensual woohoo?

Can we have an environment for our sims where non-consensual woohoo is unacceptable? Can we get your support?

They are aliens. You don't know how they impregnate abducted sims. Maybe it's something similar like the na'vi do with their hair and it's not sexual at all. :)
    (*) My Origin-ID GoodFairy684 (*)
    You find my sims in the gallery tagged with #SimsFairy.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited April 2015
    GoodFairy wrote: »

itsonus_zpstejhjbrq.png

They are aliens. You don't know how they impregnate abducted sims. Maybe it's something similar like the na'vi do with their hair and it's not sexual at all. :)

Regardless, it is really stuffing up the intended game play of many people who would rather NOT be abducted and impregnated however method or style the aliens use in popping that bassinet into mama/daddy's tummy. It is uncontrollable and without cheats you can't stop it without going through ridiculous actions in the science career. An option for 'quit knockin' up my hood, alien bro!' is what is needed. It should be controllable and optional.

edit: Is there anyone who can check if an abduction which results in pregnancy counts as woohoo in the stats? Like, check your stats and remain celibate until after the experiment and get abducted and pregnant from it and check the stats again?
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited April 2015
    They're Aliens... they don't play by the same rules we humans do... their rules of consent must be very different from ours on Planet Sixam... lol
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    kimjo313 wrote: »
    @luthienrising
    Thanks. I was afraid of that. Seems like something that would be "left" in. I have never really played aliens and would like the option not to in TS4. It was easy in prior games to avoid abductions. I
    It is so sad that it seems there are so many problems/issues with TS4 that we would need mods to "fix". It seems less and less likely I will be moving on with this game. I have never "needed" mods to play sims games before and if that is what I would need to do in TS4, I will pass on investing further.

kim :/

Aliens who you send back to the alien world don't show up in your family tree. Just had the second abduction happening and i sent it home, so Pollination Tech 3 would have one of the two children. But now little Lilly did never exist according to my family tree.

• Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    edit: Is there anyone who can check if an abduction which results in pregnancy counts as woohoo in the stats? Like, check your stats and remain celibate until after the experiment and get abducted and pregnant from it and check the stats again?
    I doubt it counts as woohoo (but I can't test), either way it's not just about woohoo... whatever is happening in those spaceships is invasive and my sims (and me) are not given any way of consenting (or saying "no"). I guess when people get parasites they don't think of it as 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Aliens are sim size parasites, but their size and "intelligence" means they shouldn't be able to get away with this kind of behaviour.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    moondragon77moondragon77 Posts: 9 New Member
    The bottom line of this for me is pretty simple. The number one thing that brings customers from all age groups and all walks of life into The Sims games has always been choice. The ability to make any kind of world, any kind of home, the ability to control what does and does not come into it. If they take away those choices, they will greatly reduce their customer base, as those who care about the choices they remove stop playing.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    The bottom line of this for me is pretty simple. The number one thing that brings customers from all age groups and all walks of life into The Sims games has always been choice. The ability to make any kind of world, any kind of home, the ability to control what does and does not come into it. If they take away those choices, they will greatly reduce their customer base, as those who care about the choices they remove stop playing.

Totally right.
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member

^ Thank you. Well said.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I think the Sims need a birth control potion and a potion to turn aliens into humans since the turn off option isn't going to be provided for the Sims 4 according to Gurus.

Where did the Gurus say they wouldn't provide the turn off option? I'd be interested in hearing what they've said about the subject, as they seem to be silent in all the threads I've found.
    It was at an Ask the Guru Session a few weeks ago. I forgot how to find old ask sessions to pull it up. I think old ones get deleted now. Sorry I don't have the source anymore. Basically Gurus said there would be no option to turn aliens off and no plans of adding one. So why I want the potion idea to be done since the game already has potions. But despite what was said, I still want options for Simmers.

Maybe no plans now, but enough complaints from simmers may change their minds. Remember when celebrities were out of control in Sims 3? They said they weren't going to change that, but then someone started a petition, and the rest of us complained loudly & often, and while it took forever, they did eventually add some options. So I wouldn't give up hope yet.

Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »

Maybe no plans now, but enough complaints from simmers may change their minds. Remember when celebrities were out of control in Sims 3? They said they weren't going to change that, but then someone started a petition, and the rest of us complained loudly & often, and while it took forever, they did eventually add some options. So I wouldn't give up hope yet.
    Yep anything is possible. :)
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    MarianneSimmerMarianneSimmer Posts: 1,113 Member
    Rapunzel wrote: »
    Does this happen so often?

Some people have reported it happening three times to the same sim.

• Options
    I think Maxis thinks there doesn't need to be an off switch for Aliens if they're 'rare' to find.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    I think Maxis thinks there doesn't need to be an off switch for Aliens if they're 'rare' to find.

They need to read the dictionary entry for the word 'rare' then. :p Right now, they have coded aliens to be as 'rare' as pimples on a teen.

• Options

They need to read the dictionary entry for the word 'rare' then. :p Right now, they have coded aliens to be as 'rare' as pimples on a teen.

Pimples are actually rare for most people in my school... lol
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member

They're probably "modding" them with lots of expensive pimple creams.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    The motto for ts4 gtw should be "aliens rule" because apparently they're just taking over and using people's games as petri dishes. :(
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    Juliee101Juliee101 Posts: 479 Member
    i used to get abducted all the time.
    i now never get abducted idk why
  • Options

They're probably "modding" them with lots of expensive pimple creams.

Oddly enough, the pimple cream is one of the few cheap things available here.
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member

Well, depends...if we're talking about TS4 teens then, yeah, they're as probable as unicorns. We could only wish aliens were that rare :D