Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims culled - wasn't at the 180 limit though..

So I don't keep track of my population super closely, but I tend to have the same visitors on a regular basis. I hadn't noticed a few of them, so I checked.. and my pop was down to 106.

I loaded up a save from a week ago, which I'm not entire sure if it was pre or post patch... and my population was at 166.

I know it's been reported that they purge sims after 180... but my pop has always been under that.. in the 160s.

Has anyone noticed sims being deleted when your pop wasn't near the 180 limit?

Comments

• Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    How do you check your population ??
  • Options
    RacerX780RacerX780 Posts: 475 Member
    I have this mod:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=535402

Get Town Population

Once installed, you just open the command box (CTRL-SHIFT-C) and type: getpopulation and it will tell you how many sims are in your town.

• Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    Yeh, but some Sims are surely spawned dynamically to be culled - they are not meant to be resident unless you specifically strike up relations with them.
  • Options
    QwexiiQwexii Posts: 6 New Member
    I am losing relationships too. I'm noticing I'm not just losing relationships with townies but also with people who live in town. I've befriended them and even become best friends but randomly I lose the relationship as if I'd never met them at all.
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    Yeh, but the game still has to cull them.

The 180 limit is irrelevant by default.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I heard the culling messed up more with the last patch like culling dead relatives. I honestly hate the culling feature and wish we just had the Sims 2 townies generator system back.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    MarianneSimmerMarianneSimmer Posts: 1,113 Member
    Since you do use mods, this one stops culling and has been updated for the latest patch:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=545615
  • Options
    RacerX780RacerX780 Posts: 475 Member
    Yeah, I've since put that mod in... Not sure if I wanna go back to the older save or just add people to the town. I have aging off.. and whatever other setting there is that would move people in and out.. Many of the current 106 population that aren't living in houses already are new.. never seen them before. So while my pop is down 60 some people, I'd say it's actually more then that culled since a number of them are new.