Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chess Board

If this has been mentioned before, I apologize.

Whenever I have any Sim (regardless of age) play chess (by them selves, or with another Sim) their Mental/Logic skill gets glitched. The percentage keeps going up and up (like I've seen it go over 1000%), even after they stop playing chess. Reset Sim doesn't work. I have to save and quit, when I reload it's back to normal. I've 'repaired' the game through Origin.

Comments

• Options
    Bumblebee26200Bumblebee26200 Posts: 239 Member
    You could try removing cc or mods if you have any. If not it might be a good idea to try uninstalling and reinstalling your game through origin (don't worry you won't lose your saves but it's a good idea to make a backup of them anyway)
  • Options
    Shelle58704Shelle58704 Posts: 751 Member
    No CC or Mods. This happened on the very first game I played. Back in October, and I'm just getting around to reporting it! *blush* It happened just again. Figured if I was out of the game to fix it, I may as well report it!
  • Options
    Wow that sounds like a pretty hardcore glitch you have there, hopefully the devs will hear of this and provide a fix :)
  • Options
    Now I have the fridge glitch. Quit again, and repairing. Kinda frustrating. I have 4 kids. Game time isn't very plentiful. Even less so when I'm working around glitches. :(
  • Options
    If repairing doesn't work then you could try a reinstall if you haven't already - I generally have to do one after every update and it fixes most glitches :)
  • Options
    Ok, the game table has the same glitch. :(
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Ok, the game table has the same glitch. :(

Try this sequence:
    Origin > right-click The Sims 4 > Repair Game
    followed by a full cache refresh:
    1. Move (not copy) Saves, Tray, Mods, Screenshots, and Custom Music folders and the Options.ini file to your desktop. Delete the Scratch subfolder from inside Saves.
    2. Delete the rest of the The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder.
    3. Start the game, and exit the game. Now you have a fresh Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder.
    4. Copy all the folders and the file back and start the game again.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.