Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

why can't I invite coworkers over?

So my Sim has relationships with a lot of his coworkers at the science lab, but I can't invite them over.
If I go to the phone and clock invite to hangout at current lot, no co workers pictures show up. If I try the relationship tab, I can only chat or send text....

Comments

• Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Also, sorry if this post belongs somewhere else.... Lol
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Try calling them first and then see if you get the option. I noticed this the other night when trying to just invite over a normal sim.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    I called and chatted with them.. Then I checked the neighborhood to make sure they weren't nearby and nothinnnn...
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Do they exist outside of the workplace? Or are they specific workplace NPCs?
  • Options
    They're workplace NPCs.. Can those not be invited over!?! :(
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited April 2015
    I saw one of the lets players invite a doctor coworker from the new jobs. I think it was Andrew Arcade. OP maybe your expeirencing a glitch. Do you have any cc or mods in your game?
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    surraaaaaa wrote: »

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I don't think the situation you're describing is limited to the active career co-workers. My Sim is a Writer and she had co-workers that she couldn't invite over. My understanding is that if the relationship level is 0 (no relationship), than you can't invite any Sims over. In my game, I would call & text over & over to get the meter moving. & hope that I run into them on a lot. I find the co-worker situation very frustrating. Not sure if you're into cheats, but there's a relationship cheat....that's a good one to use if needed. But to use that cheat, it's two side...it has to be entered with your Sim as played Sim and then again as your Sim as the target cheat.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yes because Andrew Arcade invited one of them over in his GTW Let's Play. I think it was part 3 or 4.
  • Options
    nascginascgi Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Sha2520032003 said:
    > surraaaaaa wrote: »
    >
    > They're workplace NPCs.. Can those not be invited over!?!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm not 100% sure on this, but I don't think the situation you're describing is limited to the active career co-workers. My Sim is a Writer and she had co-workers that she couldn't invite over. My understanding is that if the relationship level is 0 (no relationship), than you can't invite any Sims over. In my game, I would call & text over & over to get the meter moving. & hope that I run into them on a lot. I find the co-worker situation very frustrating. Not sure if you're into cheats, but there's a relationship cheat....that's a good one to use if needed. But to use that cheat, it's two side...it has to be entered with your Sim as played Sim and then again as your Sim as the target cheat.

Chatting on the computer works great too.
  • Options
    Ok it's part 5 at 22 28. The coworker is an npc.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUy0Flapb5I
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    This happens to me and I don't have any active career sims. I feel like it's been happening for months, but maybe I'm just imagining things. I don't always have the option to invite people over. Sometimes I can only chat and text and I have no idea why, but it's annoying.
  • Options
    Luturna1313Luturna1313 Posts: 85 Member
    I'm having this issue as well. I've only played the science career so, anyway to get DNA from a co-worker you have to be somewhat friends. Now at first I chatted them up at work (this is also part of your workday requirements at times), then I chatted with them on the phone, once I had one lady at just under the halfway friend mark I decided to invite her over after work. Got home and boom, she is no longer listed on my friends or acquaintances lists, not on the phone, computer or friends window. She's just gone.. go to work the next day and all the sims usually there (I was at level 3 of the career) were now gone and replaced by all new workers that I had to start friending all over again. Paired with the new freezing while time carries on glitch and this gets really frustrating.
  • Options
    I had the problem with NPCs disappearing so I stopped trying to befriend them, but with this new expansion I thought I'd try to be their friend... So far no ones disappeared like that, but I just can't invite them over.
    Also, I don't have any cc or mods.
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    edited April 2015
    I have no mods or CC in my game and never have...and I can't invite coworkers over either.

Don't gunna lie. I'm a little disapointed
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Make sure that you aren't trying to invite the coworkers over during their workhours. Work schedules depend on job level, so they might be working even though your Sim is at home, and you can't invite them over while they are supposed to be at work.
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited April 2015
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    Make sure that you aren't trying to invite the coworkers over during their workhours. Work schedules depend on job level, so they might be working even though your Sim is at home, and you can't invite them over while they are supposed to be at work.

I mean this is EA we are talking about, so you may be correct on this, but wouldn't it make sense for the option to invite the person over to still be listed on the phone regardless of the other sim's schedule and then if they are busy when you call you would just get a notification saying they are busy?

I mean if the game was saying x sim is busy right now after my invite attempt that would be one thing, but the issue is thet the only two options on the phone when you click on certain sims are chat and text.
  • Options
    WakeMeUpInParisWakeMeUpInParis Posts: 8 New Member
    ^ I have the same issue too, only with certain sims. Weird.
  • Options
    If I invite any other Sim over during work hours I get the notification that the Sim is busy, so I can still invite them... But not with coworkers
  • Options
    kristinepunktumkristinepunktum Posts: 166 Member
    I can't invite them over either.. So my Sim married a coworker at the hospital they both worked at haha. But I've seen that a distant family member (an aunt) is now working there so I don't know if you can invite her over.. Hmm. I'll have to try.
    My Youtube Channel
    Current challenges: The History Challenge, the 10 Baby Mama Challenge (Sims 3) and of course; The Legacy Challenge.

kEVfgAW.jpg
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I noticed some sims are not available during work hours (I know because I play rotational, but they could 🐸🐸🐸🐸 flag like at work, like in sims 2 when you called them on the phone).
  • Options
    FoxcrestFoxcrest Posts: 348 Member
    Is there no solution to this? As this is happening to me. I noticed the sims I can't invite over are part of the Active Careers, but it's outside of their work hours so they should be free. But there's no option
  • Options
    I just tried again with detective coworkers and still no... Can't invite them only chat or text
  • Options
    DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    edited April 2015
    I never tried to invite co workers ( didn't think to) But I do have one that comes over alot on her own.
  • Options
    Really? I never have that!! I see my customers walking but never coworkers..
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member

None are 'just' npcs look into your sim bin and worlds, they're there.... They're perfectly playable.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!