The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I know how to get featured

ricslady99ricslady99 Posts: 1,081 Member
Heres what you do:
Download Le Chateau Contreau by CaliforniaBound and place a family in it and upload it. I think I've seen this lot featured atleast twice like this. Frankly it bothers me just a little bit.

Comments

• Options
    BennjoonBennjoon Posts: 1,909 Member
    edited August 2009
    :S thats not really on is it :< Ive seen someone featured before who has just reuploaded everything that she has downloaded before.

I think I might have made an enemy of the guru's suggesting that they dont check these sort of thing in another thread but yeah I wish they would be more careful :cry: californianbound is a really good lot maker and he shouldnt be losing credit to people.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    No really I have seen his lot featured several times. Heres one http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=778344 and I know there was one other one. He is an awesome builder and that's why it bothers me. To copy is one thing but to get featured is really WRONG.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
  • Options
    Amanda1996Amanda1996 Posts: 2,095 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Ive repoted them. this bothers me too
  • Options
    AsanteAsante Posts: 1,812 Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm better not saying what I think about this... *laugh*
    (something with a "trained monkey"...)
  • Options
    TerentiaTerentia Posts: 353 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Wow .. and who is the original creator?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Terentia wrote:
    Wow .. and who is the original creator?

Californiabound http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=10562
  • Options
    SparkleSparkle Posts: 1,476 Member
    edited August 2009
    Your better off not posting the links

Reporting does no good and posting the links gives them free advertising and makes more people aware of "their" lots.
    Origin: sparklesim | Twitter | Facebook | Click below to read about my Sims 4 Hood
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Sparkle wrote:

Reporting does no good and posting the links gives them free advertising and makes more people aware of "their" lots.

You are kidding right! Why would anyone want to support someone that is a copy cat? Well heck, maybe I'll give it a go (kidding).
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    No, not joking I'm afraid.

Ea don't do anything about theives (that I've seen) there are even a couple of people featured for lots they've stollen from unfeatured creators.

As to the advertising, there are some people who don't care who makes a lot as long as they get it so assuming there are people who read the forum but never post (and you know there are) posting links can just send people there. You're better off posting the original creators link and saying something like... "Someone has stollen this lot, support the original creator by rec'ing and downloading this original creation".
    Origin: sparklesim | Twitter | Facebook | Click below to read about my Sims 4 Hood
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    ricslady99 wrote:
    Sparkle wrote:

You are kidding right! Why would anyone want to support someone that is a copy cat? Well heck, maybe I'll give it a go (kidding).

Seems like they don't pay attention... that's why...
  • Options
    Walden95Walden95 Posts: 3,089 Member
    edited August 2009
    Sparkle wrote:

Ea don't do anything about theives (that I've seen) there are even a couple of people featured for lots they've stollen from unfeatured creators.

As to the advertising, there are some people who don't care who makes a lot as long as they get it so assuming there are people who read the forum but never post (and you know there are) posting links can just send people there. You're better off posting the original creators link and saying something like... "Someone has stollen this lot, support the original creator by rec'ing and downloading this original creation".

What usually happens when people post both links, the state the original creator and the copycat. What usually happens is people download and recommend the original while they report the copycat. I'm sure about everyone here except for the copycats and a few others are honest about that. We've all had at least one copycat experience in our lives.
  • Options
    BeccaRoxBeccaRox Posts: 368 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Wow...unbelievable! Apparently, you don't even have to add a family to it. The last link you posted didn't have family in it. They didn't even bother to change the name of it!

I've personally had one of my lots plagiarized by a "featured" creator and even though they weren't featured for my lot, it still upset me to know that a person can be featured when they clearly aren't the original creator of some of their uploads. :roll:

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Sparkle wrote:

Well they are already featured so I quess it can't get any worse than that. I'll keep that in mind if there's ever a next time. I dislike ea more every day.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Personally I think they should partly involve the community in the choosing process for featured artits... not for every feature, but at give us a choice between some of the most downloaded and most creative things from the last month and give the winner a feature, if the person who hits the feature button likes it or not.
    And they REALLY should pay attention to what they feature or not... I mean, did no one ever recognize that's the same castle again and again? Does no one check that? Do they just take a look at the most downloaded houses of the last week and half randomly hit "this one"?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Well if they aren't going to pay attention nor do anything about copied content, I think I will find another avenue to showcase my lots.
  • Options
    fieryfemalefieryfemale Posts: 1,593 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Unfortunately I think the reuploading of someones creations with no credit given to the original creator is always going to happen. So people just have no manners.

However it shocks me that feature creations are not being checked by the guru's (or the powers that be) that is actually the persons creation before they feature them.

They really do need to bring in some kind of stamp system where as the first person to upload there creation gets it stamped with their name and it forever stays with it.

I am sure they had something a little like that on the sims 2. Probably didnt work quite as well as that, but you could see which members the custom content came from at least.
  • Options
    CaliforniaBoundCaliforniaBound Posts: 676 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I can't stand that EA would let this happen they are truly a worthless greedy company. I mean only a couple people have taken my stuff but for some people their original creations will never get notoriety because somebody took them.

Also are people really getting FEATURED for just putting people in my house as if EA doesn't know that they are using my house.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    There's another thing that upsets me about the things that get featured.
    The lots are either: ultramodern, experimental, cute cottages or what americans think of a perfect place to live in or palaces...
    Have you ever seen one being featured in a different style or being creative without being absolutely insane?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Well lightside got featured for his and that was pretty creative :) Im really annoyed by the fact CB is getting ripped off tho. I dont agree with the community deciding on features because it might just turn into a popularity contest.
  • Options
    CaliforniaBoundCaliforniaBound Posts: 676 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I say we start a thread to get Asante featured. Her works are way better than mine and I got featured, she deserves a feature!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I didn't even realise she wasn't until you pointed that out. I just spent all this time assuming she must be. I'll join that thread.
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    lol Cb... yours is better!
    And I wasn't talking about me alone... I mean, there are a lot of people who think out of the box. Not as extreme als Ralphael and stw maybe, but they invent those little things and build houses that are unusual.
    LightSide is one of the few fitting in that corner who get the attention they deserve, but he's a rather famous featured artist from ts2 (as far as I know :P) and was at that camp thingy. Once you have your status it's easier to be recognised as far as I see it.

EDIT: lol sparkle...
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    maybe its cos she doesnt have base game hair on her avatar? I can only think of that reason why they wouldnt want to feature her lol her lots are amazing. Her tutorials are good too its nice that she shares her tricks so that others can make nice things :)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Bennjoon wrote:
    maybe its cos she doesnt have base game hair on her avatar? I can only think of that reason why they wouldnt want to feature her lol her lots are amazing.

rofl... that's the ULTIMATE reason... *runs off to make an avatar without any cc*