Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Story Progression" Mod for the Sims 4 available.

AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
I seen this mod earlier today and was surprised to see no one here seems to be discussing it. What do you all think of it? Have you tried it out yet, are you excited to see what other advances the modding community will make?

Deaderpool wrote:
Description
McCmdCenter
  • This is the main module. It is needed for anything else to work. It has a few "cheat"-type commands built-in, but does very little by itself otherwise.
McCmdCenter_dresser
  • This module allows configuration of black and white lists for specific outfit items. This allows greater control of what Sims will be wearing and methods to run to "clean-up" Sims that are not wearing desired clothing items.
McCmdCenter_pregnancy
  • This module creates a basic story progression of neighborhood Sims in that they can get married and have children as they age-up without direct user control.
McCmdCenter_population
  • This module simulates other basic story progression of moving homeless Sims into households. It has some other moving-in/moving-out type options included as well.
McCmdCenter_cleaner
  • This module handles some basic cleaning-the-game options. Getting rid of homeless ghosts, setting some default makeups on Sims as they age-up...that sort of thing.

Source: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680
2m60a6q.jpg
*There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.

Comments

• Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    I wonder how EA feels, modders got to story progression before they did xD
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    .WTH.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options

Last week it seemed like they were starting to add their own story progression elements but I was pretty surprised to see this mod today. All I know is this really shows some of what is possible in this game so it's going to be hard for the dev team to excuse not adding such things themselves. If they do continue to add story progression elements I hope that they will add options to tick and untick features.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member

Aha.
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    MarianneSimmerMarianneSimmer Posts: 1,113 Member

I hope they feel good. I'd be displeased at these changes. I micro-manage.
  • Options
    qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    I didn't want to install it and the EP at the same time but I'll try it if no one reports any game-breaking issues.
  • Options
    The changes for the base game but with options to turn them off I think would be best. That way all play styles can enjoy.
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    NaiaNaia Posts: 117 Member
    I think EA should hire those modders because they're working better than they are.
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    Has anyone tried it out? Does it actually work?
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Naia wrote: »
    I think EA should hire those modders because they're working better than they are.

Modders have freedom and often change things without considering compatibility with future content. EA has to make sure everything they do is future proof.
    The mod may only work for a limited time, before the next GP or EP when core-gameplay changes.
  • Options
    s2ladolcevitas2ladolcevita Posts: 341 Member
    now if only someone could create a mod for dishwashers. I am sick of doing dishes!
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited March 2015
    TS4 seems to have the best mod support out of the other games, judging from what has been accomplished from the release-the first EP in the modding community.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I saw this and I am going to try it. It will make single house playing possible with aging turned on for me. I don't need a complex story progression. I'm giving it a little time to see how it works with the new expansion (which I'm still on the fence about getting despite Amazon having it on sale).
  • Options
    ejoslin wrote: »
    I saw this and I am going to try it. It will make single house playing possible with aging turned on for me. I don't need a complex story progression. I'm giving it a little time to see how it works with the new expansion (which I'm still on the fence about getting despite Amazon having it on sale).

I've been a bit skittish about playing because of all the bugs going on right now but have thought about trying a new save just to try the mod out of curiosity. If you see anything interesting with the mod or find it works well, or just what ever, it would be very nice to hear your thoughts on it.
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Really, I think it will give me the option to get rid of random hats, socks, and that awful 1970s jump suit that every new female sim seems to be wearing. Even that will make it worth it.
  • Options
    Yeah, that's actually a good enough reason for me too. Until there's more content I've been download a lot of CC clothing items and the townies that wear them... don't wear them well.
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2015
    Huh. I might try this just for the dresser module. Would love to blacklist a bunch of items from default townie-wear but still be able to choose them if I want to use them. Have any of you played with this yet? Hoping to hear that it doesn't touch played Sims.

EDIT: Oo. It has a fund transfer cheat too.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
    Waiting to see if anyone else give this a try too.
    Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

• Options
    Alistair_32Alistair_32 Posts: 1,261 Member
    I tried it for one or two sim days. At first nothing really happened and then suddenly the mod moved in like 15 different (mostly single) households in every empty house. Sadly that included entirely empty lots as well.

I'll keep using it so that I can see how well it handles pregnancy.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I tried it for one or two sim days. At first nothing really happened and then suddenly the mod moved in like 15 different (mostly single) households in every empty house. Sadly that included entirely empty lots as well.

I'll keep using it so that I can see how well it handles pregnancy.

Okay, so probably it would be best for me to move townies into houses. That's not a big deal -- I can always move out whoever is living there if I want the lot. Hopefully it handles pregnancy well.

Edit: Really, though, it's the dresser module which looks good to me.
  • Options
    PlayPlay Posts: 704 Member
    Was contemplating downloading this earlier, but might wait until after I have Get to Work.

Interested to hear how well it works though.
  • Options
    isfreakisfreak Posts: 117 Member
    I played with it yesterday and it worked well, but today it seems like its not doing anything. Sims is being weird with CC currently so maybe thats why? I do find it more fun.
  • Options
    isfreak wrote: »
    I played with it yesterday and it worked well, but today it seems like its not doing anything. Sims is being weird with CC currently so maybe thats why? I do find it more fun.

Did you have GTW installed when it was working ? Or you mean as soon as you added other mods it stopped working?
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    isfreakisfreak Posts: 117 Member
    Ayumap wrote: »

Did you have GTW installed when it was working ? Or you mean as soon as you added other mods it stopped working?

I don't currently own GTW. every since this morning this mod hasn't been working for me. I've even removed all mods and added this one and one more back and it still showed no signs of working. they both worked fine together yesterday. The other mod works great as well but i'm no longer being told/seeing random sims getting pregnant.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Ayumap wrote: »

I don't currently own GTW. every since this morning this mod hasn't been working for me. I've even removed all mods and added this one and one more back and it still showed no signs of working. they both worked fine together yesterday. The other mod works great as well but i'm no longer being told/seeing random sims getting pregnant.

Thanks for the reply... I see. hm. I didn't see anything from skimming the comments section (briefly) to adress what's happening but
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680&c=1&ht=0&page=6&pp=25#startcomment

The content creator seems to be active in the comments so maybe take a look there if you haven't already and even let him/her know what's happening. I'd assume knowing of any bugs could potentially help the creator.
    2m60a6q.jpg