Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bothersome Customers and Employee behaviour.

So, last night I was watching a stream of someone running a bakery.

I love the ''OFB'' Concept, and I'm the most excited for that, but there is one thing that bothers me really.

I noticed that all the customers start socializing, dancing, and doing whatever in the middle of your store instead of them actually just come in to buy something. In NO-time your store is crowded with a bunch of Sims having a massive group conversation and overcrowding your store.

2nd one: If you tell your employee what to do, they don't give a plum. They just dance along with the people and having a conversation with them. Even the sims with a high work skill of whatever it is called do that.

I noticed the guy telling the Employee to ring up customers, but he just refused doing that, so the customers left.

I really hope this is something EA can ''fix'' in a patch, because I think it is annoying. Having a lot of Sims around it okay, but this is taking it into the wrong direction if you ask me.

Another hot topic: LOCKING doors. Seriously, I noticed that the customers went behind the counter to ''look at the food'' (most likely because there was a sim invasion crowding the displays having a conversation).. but still.. we need it. fast.

Comments

• Options
    SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    I agree!!! When I was plying last night all I thought was oh my god can everyone SHUTUP so I can get some sales!!!! I had to take out my music too!
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Talk to your customers and they'll buy something. You have to convince them. Also you can scold your employee for slacking and they'll get better over time.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    Talk to your customers and they'll buy something. You have to convince them. Also you can scold your employee for slacking and they'll get better over time.

I know, and so did that guy, but Sims need to stop cluttering together in your store having a massive group conversation and blocking the displays. Even a radio will make them dance instead of buy stuff.

And this streamer hired a sim with a high work blabla skill, and he still refused to ring up customers. All he did was dancing and talking.
  • Options
    ludusludus Posts: 144 Member
    edited March 2015
    It's terribly vexing when customers decide to creep around the back areas, like uncontrollable, invading mice. While persistantly roping/unroping the area off proves effective, it's a pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 when compared to simply locking a door (one time action).
    Further, it's also immensely rude; I do
    not scurry about in the employee areas of stores, though - then again - I can't die of laughter
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    I always have a lot of Sims socializing in my Store but I like that. My employee has been slacking a lot so I scold her twice, then gave her a raise when she maxed the skill and now she's doing much better
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    We seriously need door locks. I hope we get them in the April Patch.
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    people chatting in the middle of aisles blocking displays and not shopping.... that sounds like real life to me. I don't remember the last time I've been at a store that people haven't stopped to chat in front of something I'm trying to get to.
  • Options
    Alistair_32Alistair_32 Posts: 1,261 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    If you tell your employee what to do, they don't give a plum. They just dance along with the people and having a conversation with them.

I cracked up. :D
  • Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    edited March 2015
    I really wish I could find an employee that actually listens to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! I am hiring ones with decent work ethics and still they just sit and eat my cupcakes and talk.
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Celiria wrote: »
    people chatting in the middle of aisles blocking displays and not shopping.... that sounds like real life to me. I don't remember the last time I've been at a store that people haven't stopped to chat in front of something I'm trying to get to.

Its still aggravating regardless... :/
    He/Him
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Bump. Since more people seem to have thd exact same issue.
  • Options
    heatherrainloverheatherrainlover Posts: 11 New Member
    The customers wondering into other rooms is what is bothering me the most right now. Please please give us the lock door feature!
  • Options
    SnappiTheSimmerxxSnappiTheSimmerxx Posts: 180 Member
    BUMPBUMPBUMP CUZ THIS STILL HAPPENS :(
    Even if I die, I'll still feel alive knowing that there are people that loved me. -Ryan Yamada
    2lDWFwI.gif
  • Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    @SnappiTheSimmerxx But we do have the lock door feature now. What do you mean?
  • Options
    SnappiTheSimmerxxSnappiTheSimmerxx Posts: 180 Member
    I know, but my employees dance and chat and do nothing related to selling/helping customers., they don't ring up the customers, they don't clean up, etc. etc.
    Same for the customers, they won't buy ANYTHING unless I talk to them, and it's a very slow process because they get in giant group chats and its hard to talk to just ONE person in a group chat, and you can't just answer all of the people who are in that group chat.
    Not to mention lately they become rude and tell me that nothing from my shop interests them or they just tell me to stop answering their questions because they want to continue chatting, ALSO, they almost never come inside my shop, they just stay outside when I open the shop.
    Most of them also just come on the lot then instantly turn around and leave.
    Why does this happen?
    Even if I die, I'll still feel alive knowing that there are people that loved me. -Ryan Yamada
    2lDWFwI.gif