Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims 4?

sims 2, 3, and 4, i still like sims 2 better, except for the actions and the animation of it. Im hoping sims 4 would have more expansion packs like sime 2 without the sims points like sims 3. In my opinion, sim points are annoying because i would need to buy it to get one thing. In sims 2 expansion packs , it had like basketball courts and other hobby objects. To sum it all up, im just hoping sims 4 would have more variates of entertainment and etc than sims 3.

Comments

• Options
    PeachyMamaPeachyMama Posts: 136 Member
    You have to remember its still early days when it comes to Sims 4 compared to the other versions of the Sims. No doubt it will improve over time & we'll get all those GP & EP's we all desperately want, just have to give it time & remember when looking back on the other games they ended with a LOT of EP's whereas Sims4 is still really just the base game at the moment.
    .. PeachyMama, Sims addict since the Sims 1 ..

7xy4p1.png
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    Silver629 wrote: »
    sims 2, 3, and 4, i still like sims 2 better, except for the actions and the animation of it. Im hoping sims 4 would have more expansion packs like sime 2 without the sims points like sims 3. In my opinion, sim points are annoying because i would need to buy it to get one thing. In sims 2 expansion packs , it had like basketball courts and other hobby objects. To sum it all up, im just hoping sims 4 would have more variates of entertainment and etc than sims 3.
    There will be no Simpoints at all, with Sims 4. :)

• Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I think that the store and the simpoints idea is much better gone. However I did like the gifting part of that and wish that there was a way to gift simmers who have been so good to me. The store was always pushing us to buy this and that, and I did ;-( . The game packs come less frequently so it makes the packs a better deal. If I added up all that the sims cost me, I think I would be shocked. I am really glad not to be hounded with the store telling me I need this and this to make my game better. It did not make my game better, just slower and broken.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    I am really glad not to be hounded with the store telling me I need this and this to make my game better. It did not make my game better, just slower and broken.
    The Sims 4 game does do it a bit...when you open it, and all those "ads" are there for new content.
    (which kinda stinks to be reminded of, when sometimes, one has to wait many months to get what they want) :s

• Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I think the difference with 4 is that they won't milk it as much as they did with 3.
    But we'll see down the road where 4 will go.
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    This is why, present problems excluded, I always feel sorry for base games in a new series.

Going from 5 years of content to "Oh hello base game" is really hard and so easily met with too much nostalgia and "Oh god, why is so much missing!" types of sentiments.

Some of it is definitely founded of course, but really it's not till a good year down the road when the game starts to show those signs of "Aww Yiss gurl here we go!" as significant chunks of new stuff gets added in.

Base game still needs to deliver on the core concepts regardless and to me, both 3 and 4 missed their marks in certain areas but both are strong foundations for the future.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~