Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIM DIED FROM PEEING PANTS???!

What!?

Comments

• Options
    Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    Sounds like s/he died from embarassment
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    *nod* I lost one to embarrassment due to pats peeing too. Also, my female sim married Travis from Willow Creek...She was a comedian aspirant and they had a whirlwind romance and got married right in the park where they met. They went home and before poor Travis even managed to get off the sidewalk and into the yard....He fell over dead with a heart attack. He went hysterical and had a heart attack and died. :( Poor Travis, may he rest in peace.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I havent had sims died of emotions yet
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Alex210Alex210 Posts: 81 Member
    [quote="duhboy2u2;13467659"]*nod* I lost one to embarrassment due to pats peeing too. Also, my female sim married Travis from Willow Creek...She was a comedian aspirant and they had a whirlwind romance and got married right in the park where they met. They went home and before poor Travis even managed to get off the sidewalk and into the yard....He fell over dead with a heart attack. He went hysterical and had a heart attack and died. :( Poor Travis, may he rest in peace.[/quote]

Aww :( that's so sad
  • Options
    RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    edited March 2015
    It's a net effect - if you have a lot of negative emotions and your Sim becomes mortified, they can die. I almost had it happen to my poor Sim Kristian Fry when Babs L'Amour rejected his marriage proposal, lol:
    http://rosebudsims.blogspot.com/2014/12/chapter-38.html (bottom of chapter)
    Totally unexpected lol. It was so romantic too, the bridge and everything.
  • Options
    ThatDoggoneGirl7ThatDoggoneGirl7 Posts: 1,314 Member
    edited March 2015
    Let me tell y'all a story:

My son died from embarrassment. RIP in peace. :D

He was so embarrassed by wetting himself that he died. The funny thing is that his sister successfully pleaded for his life, but as soon as he was alive again he remembered his little accident and promptly died from embarrassment AGAIN. :lol:
    Post edited by ThatDoggoneGirl7 on
    tumblr_nb96gvx67j1rn427xo2_500.gif
    ♬ "Smile, what's the use of crying. You'll find that life is still worthwhile. If you just smile.." ♬
    Michael Jackson
  • Options
    but as soon as he was alive again he remembered his little accident and promptly died from embarrassment AGAIN. :lol:
    rofl, Aww poor Sim!!!

• Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member

He was so embarrassed by wetting himself that he died. The funny thing is the his sister successfully pleaded for his life, but as soon as he was alive again he remembered his little accident and promptly died from embarrassment AGAIN. :lol:

LOL I didn't know they could die again after coming back to life. Sorry to hear about your Sim.
  • Options
    ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    I haven't had any die from Emotions yet :/

He was so embarrassed by wetting himself that he died. The funny thing is the his sister successfully pleaded for his life, but as soon as he was alive again he remembered his little accident and promptly died from embarrassment AGAIN. :lol:

That's hilarious! :D

🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • Options
    whitneyngwhitneyng Posts: 574 Member
    I think its amusing that their emotion affects they're lives. Makes it all the more real. I haven't had any sima die from an emotion. But one of my elder sims died from being "dangerously tired" while jogging.
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member

Bwahahahahahahha
    I am sorry but that is so funny
    KNzPAJA4ca96S6spgKZP.gif
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    Artemis_DreamerArtemis_Dreamer Posts: 200 Member
    This is exactly why I dislike emotional deaths.

If a person wets themselves, be it privately or publicly, it's embarrassing, as it should be. However, death from embarrassment seems extreme and overly punishing. My cousin once wet herself on a crowded playground when we were children, and she is still alive and well to this day. (Sorry, Ella.)

Essentially, if it isn't a reasonable cause of death in real life, I don't feel that it should be a cause of death in the Sims.

A mod exists to prevent these types of deaths, so any others who share my feelings might want to visit ModTheSims.
  • Options
    LBDXLBDX Posts: 382 Member

If a person wets themselves, be it privately or publicly, it's embarrassing, as it should be. However, death from embarrassment seems extreme and overly punishing. My cousin once wet herself on a crowded playground when we were children, and she is still alive and well to this day. (Sorry, Ella.)

Essentially, if it isn't a reasonable cause of death in real life, I don't feel that it should be a cause of death in the Sims.

A mod exists to prevent these types of deaths, so any others who share my feelings might want to visit ModTheSims.

It's really not hard to avoid these types of deaths if you are keeping your Sims healthy and happy. I don't mind the emotional deaths because I really have to try if I want to see them happen. If you are good at managing your Sims, you don't really see things like this very often.
    I'm not trying to say that anyone is bad or anything at managing their Sims, but in my opinion, these are very easily avoidable.
    CyXin77.gif
    American in Canada. Spoon rest enthusiast.
    Origin ID: texeganjane
    How to fix miscellaneous bugs in your Sims 4 game, here!
  • Options
    ThatDoggoneGirl7ThatDoggoneGirl7 Posts: 1,314 Member

LOL I didn't know they could die again after coming back to life. Sorry to hear about your Sim.

Thanks. But he's still with us. He's currently haunting us. He's now a poltergeist.
    I haven't had any die from Emotions yet :/

That's hilarious! :D

I'm glad I made you laugh. :blush:

Bwahahahahahahha
    I am sorry but that is so funny
    KNzPAJA4ca96S6spgKZP.gif

I love the emoticon. Gaaaaah! :lol:
    tumblr_nb96gvx67j1rn427xo2_500.gif
    ♬ "Smile, what's the use of crying. You'll find that life is still worthwhile. If you just smile.." ♬
    Michael Jackson
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I enjoy the death via emotions. Death is easily reversible in the game and it makes for exciting random occurrence. Plus they only die if you're not taking care of them properly and their negative moodlets stack up. It's preventable! lol

On the contrary, I feel like it's annoying difficult for sims to die in TS4! (I find it outrageous that my cowplant has to eat someone TWICE before they die. Seriously, once is enough, stop spitting the sim back out!) Terrible guard cow. -.-
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    Artemis_DreamerArtemis_Dreamer Posts: 200 Member
    > @LBDX said:
    > It's really not hard to avoid these types of deaths if you are keeping your Sims healthy and happy. I don't mind the emotional deaths because I really have to try if I want to see them happen. If you are good at managing your Sims, you don't really see things like this very often.
    > I'm not trying to say that anyone is bad or anything at managing their Sims, but in my opinion, these are very easily avoidable.

This is a very fair point, and for the most part, these deaths can be easily avoided. I suppose I am rather biased, because my legacy founder Sim managed to die of embarrassment after her husband walked in on her in the bathroom, followed two minutes later by her son, and then a minute later by her daughter.

I'm not great at managing my Sims, I'll admit that, but I've had three embarrassed deaths in five generations of my legacy.

Until there are locking bathroom doors, I'm sticking with a no-emotional-deaths mod! XD
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    What surprises me is how often they pee their pants, I mean when you really, really gotta go it's pretty amazing how fast you can run to that bathroom. XD
  • Options
    Mollypup9Mollypup9 Posts: 518 Member

I've not yet had anyone die due to emotions. It seems you have to have the right combo of things happening.

But I think it's good that this is in the game. It's one of the few spontaneous things the game has to it. (although I'm much revealed it's not something that is super easy to trigger )
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    i do not like these deaths by emotions. the other day my sims was very happy and i was scared he might die.. when actually nothing happend and he was just chatting with his friends that he met one day ago.. seems a bit weird and too extreme to me. I dont get why they focus so much on being weird.. they are trying to hard. the sims were funny cause we made it weird, not the devs. And we gave meaning to those strange little jokes or characters they had put in the game.. they totally misunderstand the 'weirder stories' definition..
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I had a sim pee his pants 2 times in one day. I guess you just got unlucky. :p
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    hmae123 wrote: »
    What surprises me is how often they pee their pants

I watch my Sim's pee bar like a hawk! I also make sure my Sims pee before bed, too. I hate when they can't get a good night's rest because they wake up at 3am to pee, then wander the house and play on the virtual machine instead of going back to bed, lol.

• Options
    Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    I usually don´t have a big problem with this ...
    I order my Sims to go to toilet at the latest when I see their toilet bar turning red.
    It´s rare that my Sims don´t make it to the toilet in time.

On the other hand my Sims 4 families are small ... the maximum size was 4 (2 parents, 1 grandparents ghost, 1 child),
    and the maximum of children my families have per generation is 1 child (don´t see it as a good idea to have more children, as long as the game is missing a story progression, meaning that I can´t just let children move out and trust in story progression to let the children live their lives as NPCs).
    I guess large families (with 6 or more members) with only one toilet in the house might have more problems with managing their toilet routines :D
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

He was so embarrassed by wetting himself that he died. The funny thing is that his sister successfully pleaded for his life, but as soon as he was alive again he remembered his little accident and promptly died from embarrassment AGAIN. :lol:

<3
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited March 2015
    It has just happened in my game for the very first time! My young and beautiful Sim woman had just given birth to her first daughter and needed to pee urgently. She ran to the bathroom, but her brother was taking a bath. Terrified, she left the room. I tried to guide her to the second bathroom, but it was too late. She peed herself and died in front of her crying mother.

I must say that NEVER in 15 years of simming have I experienced a similar apocalyptic scene (except the meteor on my garden party in Hidden Springs). I'm shocked! How dare they do this to me? Who will care for the baby? Questions over questions ...
  • Options
    Alex210Alex210 Posts: 81 Member
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, I don't really like the death by emotions either